Hey Just a few questions.

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
MxT333
One Eyed Hopeful

Hey Just a few questions.

Post by MxT333 »

Hey everyone.
I would like to start off by saying great website. Im glad i found it.
Hopefully this will open some doors and inform me about new and upcoming technological advancements in the 3d world. :shutter
I am interested in purchasing a Miracube S240M monitor. And had a few questions on how it works. If anyone owns or has seen one it would help alot!

First off can you use any Stereoscopic / "shutter" glasses? (AKA: custom circularly polarised)
Do you need a special graphics card in order to view images/movies/games in 3d?
I was looking at the EVGA GeForce GTS 250 & Galaxy GeForce GTS 250 (not sure if i can post links to stores, so i just left it out for now) :woot

Also if someone could direct me in the right direction on more info on micro-polariser LCD's VS. 120Hz time-sequential 3D LCD's, that would be great.

Hope to hear from you wonderful ppl soon. Take care. :wink:
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Hey Just a few questions.

Post by cybereality »

The Miracube is a passive polarized monitor and it works with circular polarized glasses, not shutter glasses. It should work with any graphics card using the iz3d or DDD drivers in interlaced mode. I don't have a Miracube, but I have the Zalman Trimon which works using the same type of technology. I am very happy with the Zalman. It has some cons, like a very small viewing angle and reduced resolution, but overall it works very nice. I imagine the Miracube would be of similar quality or possibly better.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
MxT333
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Hey Just a few questions.

Post by MxT333 »

Thanks for the reply cybereality
I will try to order the G240M asap and give it a try. Hopefully the drivers will work for the graphics card i will buy.
Miracube emailed be back yesterday with some good news about a North American distributor. He also gave me more information about the monitor.

-no HDMI inputs atm
-internal formatter capable of handling 4 3D file formats: frame sequential, side by side (side-field), top/bottom (subfield), and interlaced.
-wide range of custom circularly polarized glasses, just need the right polarity

This will be used mostly for 3d design and animation, and of course gaming. 8)

For some reason i cant find any videos on any MIRACUBE product on youtube or around the net. But i shall keep lookin. If i get the monitor ill make some videos.
Ill keep you all informed.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”