Acer H5360 PJ. Rave reviews.

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Acer H5360 PJ. Rave reviews.

Post by cybereality »

What I was saying is that the Nvidia glasses are the "no-nonsense" solution. Nvidia makes sure of that. I believe you can get generic shutter glasses to work (at least for movies) but that may be a little more trouble. If you want to play games, that may be a little harder to do. Not sure if that will work unless you have an AMD card (which may or may not even work, please don't go buying an AMD card without doing the proper research). I am not saying Nvidia is the only option, just that they are the easy option that is confirmed to work. With generic shutter glasses you are in no-man's land.
Brandon9271
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Brandon9271 »

yeah.. I'm already thinking ahead about other options if I cant get this working.. Like perhaps buy the Nvidia kit just to get the USB emitter, sell the glasses and then either get generic glasses to work with a VGA dongle OR somehow hack open the 3d vision emitter and find a way to get a sync signal from it to drive a generic emitter. Then I can use those cheap $15 x-force 3d glasses for my guests! ;) Last option is to make a REALLY big parallax barrier for my PJ screen ;P j/k great work on that BTW!
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

There are Hong Kong knock-offs of the Nvidia glasses with a clone of the Nvidia emitter (meaning 100% same compatibility). You can buy a lot of them (5 units) for around $300 ( http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/36 ... alers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ). I cannot speak of the quality, but its certainly a reasonable price.
Brandon9271
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Brandon9271 »

Thanks! I actually JUST saw one on Ebay a few mins before you posted this :) I emailed the seller to make 100% sure it would be recognized by the 3d vision software. I supposedly comes with wired glasses but it shouldn't be that hard to hack it open and sync an IR emitter to it. I hope... Oh and I finally got Stereoscopic Player to run more smoothly. I uninstalled all my previous codec like fffshow and such and installed Divx 7. now MKV files work like a champ. Watched a little Avatar in anaglyph and even that look awesome! :)
BTW, I would post an ebay link but not sure it that's against the rules. ANyways, if you search for "Active Shutter 3D Glasses Compatible NVIDIA 3D Vision" it will come up.
Borg_Rootan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Borg_Rootan »

Brandon9271 wrote:yeah.. I'm already thinking ahead about other options if I cant get this working.. Like perhaps buy the Nvidia kit just to get the USB emitter, sell the glasses and then either get generic glasses to work with a VGA dongle OR somehow hack open the 3d vision emitter and find a way to get a sync signal from it to drive a generic emitter. Then I can use those cheap $15 x-force 3d glasses for my guests! ;) Last option is to make a REALLY big parallax barrier for my PJ screen ;P j/k great work on that BTW!
You would get 3DVision emitor, and controll generic glasses through VGA dongle changing logic level on every V-sync puls, but you can get swapped left/right signal sometime.
Brandon9271
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Brandon9271 »

People never seem to complain of the Nvidia glasses swapping eyes right? so if I could somehow use Nvidia emitter for syncing up 3d party emitter I would be in good shape and could use HDMI which is what I would prefer..
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

People have had some success with using one pair of Nvidia glasses and then multiple other pairs of generic shutter glasses. I think this might only work with VGA (so you can still use legacy 3d dongles). However if you just want to watch 3D video (not 3D Blu-Ray, but just video files) then I don't think you need Nvidia glasses. Software page-flipping with the Stereoscopic Player should work (but you may need e-dimensional activator and manual activation/swap of glasses). For games you will need Nvidia though.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

If you want cheaper glasses than the 3D Vision ones but still compatible with the 3D Vision emitter and wireless, you can try these available at 59,99€ in France:
http://www.surcouf.com/tv-video-films/p ... aires.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”