which 3d drivers are compatable with a laptop?

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
pog12156
One Eyed Hopeful

which 3d drivers are compatable with a laptop?

Post by pog12156 »

so i plan on getting the gateway p-7805u laptop and i want to know if the tridef, nvidia, or iz3d drivers are compatable with a laptop gpu. im well aware that i screen cant do 3d so i plan on hooking the laptop to my 3d ready tv (samsung hl67a750).
here are the specs for the laptop.

Intel Core 2 Duo (2.26 GHz)
NVIDIA® GeForce® 9800M GTS Graphics with 1GB of GDDR3
4GB of DDR3 RAM

also would you know what preformance i can expect out of this setup if the drivers are compatable?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: which 3d drivers are compatable with a laptop?

Post by cybereality »

The DDD or IZ3D driver should work with any chip. Nvidia drivers obviously only work with Nvidia chips although there have been issues with certain mobile chipsets. In general it should work, but I can't say 100%. Even so, you would still have 2 working drivers in that case for 3D-ready DLP output. That machine will give you probably a decent level of baseline performance, just don't expect to be playing Crysis in 3D. For older games or new games on moderate settings you should be ok though.
relaxman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by relaxman »

which laptop has two dvi/hdmi or vga output to use in a passive setup and connect to 2 projectors, using stereoscopic player?
if my current laptop has only one vga port, can i add a second one via USB or PCMCIA?
will it work?
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

I've seen monitors being drivven via USB but they don't refresh fast enough for gaming : not enough bandwidth.
These displays only work for office stuff or monitoring applications.
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”