NEW Anaglyph glasses! [Pro-Ana]

Shutter glasses and custom polarized! Talk about them here.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

NEW Anaglyph glasses! [Pro-Ana]

Post by cybereality »

Some supposedly new anaglyph glasses have come out:

http://www.3dstereo.com/viewmaster/pro-ana.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The 3D images are brighter and there is virtually no ghosting. The glasses are larger than previous ones and will fit over most prescription glasses.
Sounds intriguing. I'm pretty broke at the moment, but I will pick one up when I get a chance and write a review.
Gae43
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: NEW Anaglyph glasses! [Pro-Ana]

Post by Gae43 »

Anaglyph.....yuck!

Touche Cybereality. :mrgreen:

Seriously though, I bought a pair of anachrome 3D glasses
http://www.3dstereo.com/Merchant2/merch ... gory_Code= from 3DStereo.com and TBH, there was more ghosting (because the reds are better) and not that much difference from cardboard ones except maybe they allowed a little bit more light through. the main advantage is that they are more comfortable to wear.

Let us know how they are if you do get a pair though.

Gae43
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

interestingly the frame has an uncanny resemblance to the iz3d glasses

Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Allingby
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Allingby »

I'll just be waiting to see what the response is to these, rather than the Pro-X set :P
Since I don't need them to fit over glasses, nor be all that big.
But the cyan filter does look like it's... Well, cyan, rather than the cyan/blue cross that seems to take over, all depends which fits best for GeForce 3D Vision, and no matter what, one can always adjust my display's settings, quiet a lot manually 8)
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

So I bought a pair of these. Should arrive in the next few days and I'll post a full review.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Do you need some Lee-filters for comparison or do you already have some? ;)
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Likay wrote:Do you need some Lee-filters for comparison or do you already have some? ;)
No I don't have any Lee-filters. You want to send me some? Currently I've got Anachrome and ProView for comparison.
slipstream
Cross Eyed!

Post by slipstream »

Have you received these glasses yet? I look like Roy Orbison in mine. :woot
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

slipstream wrote:Have you received these glasses yet? I look like Roy Orbison in mine. :woot
Not yet. 3Dstereo.com seems to be taking extra time with this order. I should have them any day now.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Pro-Ana_01.jpg
So the glasses finally came! I got to test them out with a couple of games tonight including UT2004, Mirrors Edge, RE5 and AaaaAA!!!!. I have to say, the ads are not lying, there is virtually no ghosting. The image is very crisp and clean with the Pro-Ana glasses. The image is also nice and bright too. I also tested with Pro-View, Anachrome and the Lee filter glasses (thanks Likay!). I think all things considered the Pro-Ana were the best. The image was very clear and the 3D looked decent (for anaglyph). However it couldn't hold a candle to a real 3D monitor (like the Zalman). I'd say it was 30% of the experience at most. So while they are probably the best anaglyph glasses you can buy, thats not saying much. Anaglyph is still not so great compared to real solutions. However if you are on a tight budget and want to get a taste for S3D then you can do no wrong by picking up the Pro-Ana glasses. I will try to take some photos to illustrate the quality at some point.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

Ordering a couple. Thx for the review cybereality
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
nhooper
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by nhooper »

Been tried my cousins Pro-Ana 3D glasses, and it's great for only $9, brighter image and less ghosting.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Anaglyph can never compare to a full color experience as you get with shutters, zalman, iz3d, dual projectors, planar etc because colors are used to filter the eyeviews. It's basically only good for introduction to stereo-3d and 3d-gaming because depthexperience with a decent pair of glasses is the same with anaglyph as with other solutions.
slipstream
Cross Eyed!

Post by slipstream »

Good news indeed. I just tried to order with an error page. No luck on ebay either, at the moment. I hope they reply to my email request soon. :woot
flexy
Cross Eyed!

Post by flexy »

The 3D images are brighter and there is virtually no ghosting. The glasses are larger than previous ones and will fit over most prescription glasses.
No ghosting?...i dont believe it.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

It's fully possible. It might depend a little between different monitors (because colorwavelengths might differ slightly) but over all it's more than possible. I have almost no ghosting using lee-filters.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Its true, there is nearly no ghosting. Of course there is some if you look for it but on first glance you don't notice. Keep in mind the color experience is worse than some other glasses. It looks very washed out and bland in terms of color. But the image is crisp and relatively ghost-free on most content.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Here are some images to illustrate the quality (cross-eye):
Pro-Ana_02.jpg
Pro-Ana_03.jpg
Take note of the area around the gun and how there is no cross-talk.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
slipstream
Cross Eyed!

Post by slipstream »

I have just managed to order two from the website. Can't wait to get these. :woot
slipstream
Cross Eyed!

Post by slipstream »

They arrived this morning and I have to say they are excellent, no ghosting, much, much better. I am very happy with these. I am stuck with anaglyph as I have TH2Go. :woot
zerong
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zerong »

hello !

i am new user ! i just order 2 pro-ana today and 2 trisocopic 3d glasses green magenta (plastic) !

I am in france ! how many time to receive my order do you think ?

i have basic cardboard cyan red and green magenta and with movie i notice many ghost and trouble of vision (journey center earth, shrek 3d, destination final 4 etc ... )! i hope with pro-ana i feel better about this !!

i wear prescription glasse also , i hope i could wear pro-ana over this ?

thanks a lot and sorry for my poor english !
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

I placed an order on 16th december and still waiting. They use to take long for overseas shipments. I bought the mirachrome glasses long ago and it took several weeks to arrive. When they arrived I had forgotten about them :)
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
zerong
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zerong »

It was christmas perhpas they were closed :) now they must work i can hope a faster ship ! lol
zerong
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zerong »

and so , taxes on reception ???
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

Not in my case. It only happened to me when I bought my z800 from USA which cost me more than 500€. I don't know it, but I suspect that there must be a minimum price from where taxes are applied in Spain.
slipstream
Cross Eyed!

Post by slipstream »

Tax bill? Are you kiding? I got my 2 pairs quickly. You will notice a massive difference with these glasses. Good luck. :woot
zerong
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zerong »

slipstream where are you ? europe too ?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

You can wear them over prescription glasses, yes. Ghosting is reduced greatly on most content. In the US it took about a week and a half for shipping.
zerong
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zerong »

Do you think these are the same ??!??

http://www.my3duk.co.uk/index_files/Page1442.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

are they ok with dvd 3d or blueray 3d movies who use cyan /red colors ? i ask this because i read on amazone that someone cant watch movie with glasses (perhaps not pro ana) but with glasses include with dvd all were all right and i would use them for 3d movie specially and some games:

"The items that we received were exactly as described. However we bought the glasses to view the Polar Express 3D movie and it was horrible! It didn't matter if we used the cardboard glasses or the plastic glasses that we purchased the picture was all red and blue and I didn't really get the sense of 3D, so while there was no problems with the glasses they were a waste to buy for the film!"
Date: January 7, 2010 Rated by Buyer: Nicole M. "

glasses are really cyan and red, or rather blue red ?!? i would prefer cyan it could be best for quality for most situation !

cibereality when you said in usa you want to say you are in usa ?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Judging from the picture in looks like those are the same glasses. The glasses are red/cyan but more on the blue side. And, yeah, I'm in the US.
zerong
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zerong »

and color appareance is the same that red/cyan cardboard anaglyph? with much bright and clear ?

when i use cardboard anaglyph with some movie hd 3d like journey center earth or final destination 4 i can notice some ghost and picture seem sometime like trouble, like my eyes squint ! i dont know if it is cardboard anaglyph the matter or my eyes ?!? in some game with iz3d drivers witch we can adjust some level i can have a perfect picture so i think movie hd 3d arent really good !?!

i tried 3dfier and it is ok with pixar movie for exemple but always this feeling of trouble vision :(
rajkosto
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by rajkosto »

wear anaglyph for over an hour once, your eyes will get used to it and you will see almost natural colors on 3d content, unless theres a lot of red/blue in the scene, and when taking off the glasses you wont get the weird tint in your eyes for like 5 minutes...
so yeah, practice makes perfect

btw 3dfier sucks, watch real 3d content
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

Finally I've got them. And yes, they are excellent. Best anaglyph viewing experience.
They sent them as gift, so don't worry about taxes, zerong.
VRgamesterz
Cross Eyed!

Post by VRgamesterz »

Just ordered me 2 pair, hope they are better then these paper crapOlaz. Thanks for the review Cyber..

Ku
shonofear
Cross Eyed!

Post by shonofear »

well i need to upgrade from my old purchase of MIRACHROME Anaglyph 3D Glasses to these new Pro-Ana's.
Thanks for the info on them,
hopefully theyll keep me going until more shutter support is available (IZ3D)
waiting patiently......
THEDRUMMER
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by THEDRUMMER »

Hey Slipstream, I finally ordered some Pro Ana's!!!! Thanks for promoting them and convincing me to try them. It'll be good to have some working 3d on the pj to test out! I tried red/blue anaglyph with Nvidia drivers and also with iz3d drivers. What are your settings? You use iz3d right? How do you calibrate for best color / least ghosting? Thanks.
TheDrummer
Dell XPS 630
2 Nvidia 9800 GT cards in SLI
HD20 1080p Projector
Ancient Asus Shutterglasses!
slipstream
Cross Eyed!

Post by slipstream »

Good news. I leave my PJ on the default settings in terms of colour contrast etc and use the nvidia control panel colour settings. The digital vibrance is the key to eliminating ghosting. :classic :P
VRgamesterz
Cross Eyed!

Post by VRgamesterz »

Hey Cyber, whats better with Anaglyph glasses, an LCD or DLP projector? Im gonna return my HD66, I really can't stand the rainbow effect, I come from using LCD projectors over 10 years and I never really read anything about the RBE issue with the single wheel but having first hand watching, it's no good for me and I really didn't test the anaglyph with the PJ so im not sure if I'd see the same effect prob. I've setup the pro ans up for a pretty good 3d effect with my lcd flat screen so Im hoping an LCD pj would be just as good. I packaged up the Optoma for shipping so this is why I figured to ask.

Anyone else with data on this I'd appreciate.

Ku
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I don't really have much experience with projectors. I'm just using the Pro-Ana on regular LCD screens.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I can use my anaglyph-glasses (lee-filters though...) on my hitachi lcd-projectors with the same result as for the other screens i have at home. Even my tv works well with them but the red color is starting to show signs of very little ghosting on the tv. The pro-ana should do fine.

Return to “3D Glasses”