Just Watched Final Destination 4 3d

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Just Watched Final Destination 4 3d

Post by Okta »

This is the first 3d cinema movie i have seen so just posting some thoughts on the experience. Being that i enjoyed the other FD movies i knew since they follow the same format i would like this one and on that score was not dissapointed.The movie used RealD glasses of which i took a few pairs home which are decent quality.

First impressions, cool 3d, except sometimes there was really bad ghosting, i couldnt pin it down to why but it came and went through different scenes and objects. Every time the camera pans a scene the view is blurry and difficult to follow. Is this just poor convergence of the moving camera's perhaps? Every actors face amost always had a discolored contour seemingly caused by the polarization. Its the same effect i get wearing my polarized sun glasses and looking at some reflected light. This was probably the major detractor from a quality perspective.

Also saw the 3d Avatar clip. Not that impressed by the graphics or storyline.

Overall i enjoyed teh movie immensly but feel this technolgy may not be ready for the masses with the remaining cons.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Just Watched Final Destination 4 3d

Post by cybereality »

If you don't mind me asking, where do you live? I ask because it seems like not all RealD theaters are of the same quality. Here in the States the RealD is pretty good quality with next to no ghosting and none of the discoloration you speak of. I have been to at least 5 different 3D theaters to watch over a dozen films and I did not have the experience you did.
Okta

Post by Okta »

Im in Perth Western Australia and we are pretty isolated so i wouldnt expect the best repesentation of reald and it did occur to me that perhaps there was a setup issue. It was wierd like the contour of the peoples cheeks at like a line of low bit color at the shading edge. Maybe kind of like the shimmer you see with 2 different colors in the left and right.

Perhaps someone else has encountered this.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
relaxman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by relaxman »

circular always ghost more than linear :|
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

To me that sounds like the polarization angle was off by some degree. I get a similar effect (although less intense) when I use the RealD glasses on my Zalman monitor. Its not as much the ghosting, but certain colors will become tinted purple and stuff like that. I imagine this could be caused by a sub-standard silver screen that is not properly maintaining the polarization.
Okta

Post by Okta »

That sounds plausible. I also looked back at the projection window and wondered what effect the angled glass the projector was shooting through could have.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”