Second Life is not working with NVIDIA 3D stereodriver? :(

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
Jarek Dejavu
One Eyed Hopeful

Second Life is not working with NVIDIA 3D stereodriver? :(

Post by Jarek Dejavu »

What to do? Does anybody have solution?
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Does your machine crash the moment you go into stereo mode? Mine does the same thing. What driver version are you using? What are your specs?

Neil
Jarek Dejavu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jarek Dejavu »

Neil wrote:Does your machine crash the moment you go into stereo mode? Mine does the same thing. What driver version are you using? What are your specs?

Neil
The latest stereo driver (I hope) 91.31_forceware_3dstereo.exe.
Graphical card is two times NVIDIA GeFORCE 7600 GS in SLI mode.
It works with other games. This bug in Second Life is quite well known. There is some error in the engine. I posted the question in here rather to find out more details. The only solution is to contact Linden Labs I guess. But this is very likely not their priority, so there is almost no hope for us :( :cry: The world very first real virtual reality and imposible to play it in stereoscopic 3D - what a shame :roll: But anyway - menu is done there in so unhappy way too, that there is not chance that it would be playable at all unfortunately even if the driver would work with :evil:
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Hey - that's a good link. You should post it in the user submitted news forum and include some commentary.

Regards,
Neil
Jarek Dejavu
One Eyed Hopeful

But link itself is not working. I can't get to some download

Post by Jarek Dejavu »

So the hopes are again lost so far :(
Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

This bug with SL is very weird and here's why.

I've tried all stereo drivers from 91.31 and up. I actually got SL to work a couple times with the 91.31 driver with a 6800 ONLY if I uninstalled and reinstalled an updated client. It did not work if I reinstalled the same client I uninstalled and it did not work with each new updated client. I think I've seen it in S-3D a total of two times for maybe 30 minutes.

Each time it worked once and only one time until I teleported and then I crash with the same bug every time I loged back on. I can't recall the exact bug name but it was a memory write error.

I am not an advid fan of SL however I do like visiting user created 'worlds' to see their ideas. I have wasted countless hours messing with SL and S-3D for my shutter glasses. I adusted all the settings, used Dragons tool, mixed and matched drivers, cleared the cache and lost my sanity in the meantime. Occasionally I still do mess around with it so if I figure out something I'll let ya know Jarek.
IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!
Jarek Dejavu
One Eyed Hopeful

I HAVE IT NOW! I KNOW WHY STEREO DRIVER IS CRASHING IN SL :)

Post by Jarek Dejavu »

Text things are doing it! :) Just disable the TEXT MENU and TOOLBAR by pressing CTRL+ALT+1 and then you can enable stereo driver by some predefined shortcut in NVIDIA menu! :) (CTRL+T is colliding with SL, try to define and use CTRL+G i.e.) Oh... Thats so great to see SL in REAL 3D!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

Way to go Jerek! So far so good, working fine for me on my 6800. You need to post this on the SL forums. I know there some threads in the past about people trying to get S-3D working with hmd's and shutter glasses.

Thanks! :D
IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”