Page Flipping 1080p

Tutorials on how to create your own rigs, pics, movies, and everything that has to do with S-3D at home!
Gae43
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Page Flipping 1080p

Post by Gae43 »

What sort of processor power are we talking about here for future 3D Blu Ray players?

I have a pentium D dual core 3.2GHz PC with 2Gb ram and Stereoscopic Player can only manage page flipping at 720 x 576 resolution at 85 Hz. Above that and each side keeps going out of sync. :? Is this normal or does my system need tweaking?

Gae43
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: Page Flipping 1080p

Post by PalmerTech »

Generally, dedicated boxes have dedicated acceleration chips that mean they need very little CPU power.

This may be before your time, but when DVDs first came out, the only way to play them on anything less than a killer gaming rig was to buy a dedicated hardware DVD decoder card.
Gae43

Post by Gae43 »

This may be before your time, but when DVDs first came out, the only way to play them on anything less than a killer gaming rig was to buy a dedicated hardware DVD decoder card.
Yes..I still have one of those DVD decoder cards from many years ago....thanks for the answer....

Gae43
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by PalmerTech »

What is your graphics card? Your results actually sound pretty good for a Pentium D and standard integrated or low end dedicated consumer graphics cards. The Pentium D is not all that powerful. :(
Gae43

Post by Gae43 »

Hi PalmerTech...my graphics card is a Geforce 8400 GS. It's about 2 years old now, so not exactly up to date technolgy...I can get 1080i HD with it but only at 16 bit....HD content does look very nice though.

Gae43

Return to “Do it Yourself!”