Half Life 2 (Episode 1), how to the crosshair to work?

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
Jahun
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Half Life 2 (Episode 1), how to the crosshair to work?

Post by Jahun »

HL 2 episode 1 works pretty good here, but I can not get the crosshair to work.. :(

If I turn it on, the game runs alot slower and the crosshair (the Nvidia one ofcourse) is more or less at a random place. It does adapt to distance etc but it makes no sense.... I tried with and without Dragontools and turning every single setting down.. Am I missing something here?

ps: for some reason it seems that the gun and scene are different in true 3D scale.. so you can have both a nice 3d gun and the environment in better 3D too.. a downside of this is that your gun sticks into very near objects but I can live with that.
kapi
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by kapi »

Use dragonstereo utility , select hl2.exe in the appropriate mod, click open and choose laser sight http://www.really.ru/eng/dload.php?acti ... ile_id=126 work with 91.31 drivers.
Windows XPSP2+2003server(Vista Suxx)
C2D E6600@3+4 gb Gskill Extreme
Gigabyte DS4 N650i SLI
Axxyon 680w PSU+Antec 900
8800 GTS320@550/850 WITH NO F**** STEREO DRIVERS
7600GT in no Sli Mode 163.76+162.50
Icuiti VR920 Hmd
22 IIYAMA LCD Monitor
Jahun

Post by Jahun »

Nope, nothing works whatever I try. The 3D looks perfect, it runs real quick, even multi core. But as soon as I turn on crosshair (ctrl-F12) it runs somewhat slower and the crosshairs just don't make sense.

As if it isn't reading the depth correctly.. it seems to be always way to close to me.. like say 3 meters in front of anything. (it is adapting to distance, just not correctly)

Any help would be appreciated. I tried almost any setting now, using Dragontools, Nhancer and in-game.

On the other side, it seems that the game is actually playable without HUD and crosshair.. just need quite some aiming pratice :P (and somewhat more ammo :) )

Does it run slower for you if you turn on crosshair? (Dragontools isn't automatically turning on crosshair for me.. seems like entire dragontools isn't doing much for me in this game (Episode 1 tested only, not standard game)
kapi
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by kapi »

I set crosshair on always at start with dragonutility and i use one core so it doesn't slow, i saw when sometime games works in stereo dual core they are slowed and sometimes crash too, in one core it run well, i use nhancer to shut down one core, but you're right stereo not so mutch deeper if you let the laser sight adjusted perfectly, so need compromise to use, use a pen on screen :lol:
Windows XPSP2+2003server(Vista Suxx)
C2D E6600@3+4 gb Gskill Extreme
Gigabyte DS4 N650i SLI
Axxyon 680w PSU+Antec 900
8800 GTS320@550/850 WITH NO F**** STEREO DRIVERS
7600GT in no Sli Mode 163.76+162.50
Icuiti VR920 Hmd
22 IIYAMA LCD Monitor
Jahun

Post by Jahun »

hmm ok I will have to live with it then :)
Does HL 2 main game having the same issue?
qm
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by qm »

Hi,
I have got a Core2Duo and a 7900GS with 93.xx drivers, and I also have the problem that the game slows down very much when I enable the nvidia crosshair.
I already tried nhancer to use single-core and I also tried Dragon's utility - with no luck at all.
What else can I try?

Btw. what happened to the stereovison site? I Have been away from gaming for a few month (too much work :-( and when I got back stereovision is offline... :-((

qm
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Try turning AA off in the game and/or via the Forceware driver. That should make a difference.

I think stereovision is gone. They disappeared without an explanation.

Regards,
Neil
qm
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by qm »

Thanks for your reply, Neil,
but of course I already tried turning AA/AF off.
I also thought this would help, but it didn't.
Please help!!
qm
Jahun

Post by Jahun »

qm, sorry can't help you. Got sort of the same issues here.

While it may be slow, is the crosshair at least correct for you?
It isn't here, and to be honest, I don't miss it that much..

Game is alot of fun without it, perhaps a bit harder yes, but doable still. And aiming with tracers is quite fun..

(at least it has tracers :|)

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”