Which drivers for the Zalman ZM-M190?

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
psychokilla
One Eyed Hopeful

Which drivers for the Zalman ZM-M190?

Post by psychokilla »

Hi guys, I just purchased two new toys; An Ati HD5870 and a Zalman ZM-M190 3D Monitor (It was £120 which would be good for just a 2D monitor but this is a 3D monitor too so I couldn't resist, the reason it was so cheap is it's sold as B Grade cos it was used as a demonstration at a computer show)...

..Anyway, on to my actual post.

Zalman officially endorse the Nvidia drivers (which will be no good to me now obviously although I am using a pair of 8800GTs in SLI at the moment) and also the DDD Tridef drivers which are $50, I read a forum post elsewhere stating that the iZ3D drivers can be used with monitors not made by them, Would this include the Zalman monitors?

If they would support it, which driver would I be best using? The DDD or the iZ3D?

Also, I know the Nvidia 3D solution is a Samsung 3D monitor, the Nvidia polarised glasses and some gadget which plugs into the computer, am I right in thinking that gizmo is just to automatically adjust the depth perception depending on where the user is seated? The Zalman monitor does come with polarised glasses and a clip-on version for people who wear corrective glasses, is that all I'll need or do I need some fancy gizmo too? The reason I ask is cos I downloaded the DDD driver trial to have a look at it all first and the setup showed me some little box that it wanted me to plug in, which I don't have.

There we go then, some questions for you to chew on and spit out a solution :)

Oh yeah, one other thing, I've got Windows 7 x64 installed (no serial, I've pre-ordered and will punch the serial in @ release), will the vista drivers work with this or will I have to wait for Windows 7 optimised drivers?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by psychokilla on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Which drivers for the Zalman ZM-M190?

Post by cybereality »

The Zalman works with circular polarized glasses. If bought new it comes with 2 pairs (one regular pair and one clip-on) hopefully the kit you got will have the glasses. If not you can get generic ones but they might not be perfectly matched with the Zalman (but will still work). You don't need anything else for it to work. The monitor itself is made for 3D so it will work with only the polarized specs.

The best drivers to use, in your case, would be the iz3d driver in interlaced mode. The driver costs $50, but there is a free trial which lasts 30 days. There is also the DDD TriDef Ignition driver, which also costs $50 and is not as mature as the IZ3D. The iz3d supports a ton of games (at least 100 probably more) while the DDD driver may support a couple dozen at most. However there are some games that seem to work better on DDD (Crysis, for example) so you may want to have both. If you can only choose one then surely it should be iz3d, though.

Also, congratulations on your purchase. The Zalman is a very fine monitor. I've had one for about a year and I am very happy with it. So happy I am going to buy another two, LOL! Eyefinity in stereo 3d!!!! Hahahahah!!!!! Just wait.
psychokilla
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by psychokilla »

Super, thanks for the help, so you would definitely recommend buying the iZ3D drivers then? (I don't have Crysis).

Also, will the iZ3D drivers support my Windows 7 64bit or will I have to dual boot with either Windows 7 32bit or Windows Vista 32bit?
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

psychokilla wrote: Also, will the iZ3D drivers support my Windows 7 64bit or will I have to dual boot with either Windows 7 32bit or Windows Vista 32bit?
from what I understand some users experience problems while for others it works fine. according to BlackQ
hmm I've testing 1.10RC2 on Wednesday and it worked fine under 64 bit Win 7
you can download the free 30 day trial to see if it works
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
psychokilla
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by psychokilla »

Thanks again guys

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”