Need help to decide what should be my first S3D setup

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
andruman
One Eyed Hopeful

Need help to decide what should be my first S3D setup

Post by andruman »

Hello Guys,

Few days ago Neils L4D Review on http://www.left4deadforums.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; got me really really interested in S-3D and since it seems to a big gaming experience step forward i wanna get the required hardware and enjoy the highly praised real3d. I read thru a lot of Articles to help me decide what LCD+Glasses i should get. My decisionproblem is between a polarized setup, which would be IZ3D, or a shutter, in that case Samsung 2233RZ setup.

Both setups seem to have very good driver support, with maybe minor tweaking included, and impact the performance on a similar scale. Id like to ask you about pros and cons in every aspect and also your subjective view of them. So which one u personally like more and why?

I mean i wanna really use em and a headache which shutter glasses invoke after 1hour wouldnt be acceptable at all so i tend to go for iz3d but this is my only con for shutters.

every advice is appreciated:) plz help me out

regards
andruman
gicko
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Need help to decide what should be my first S3D setup

Post by gicko »

TRY BEFORE BUYING (if it is possible) and then decide what is the best for you.
that is the only help i can give you and the most honest!!!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

This is a topic that has come up many times before so if you look around the forums I am sure you will find lots of information. There are three primary solutions you should be considering, all 22" monitors. The Nvidia 3D Vision (Samsung/Viewsonic 120Hz), the IZ3D, and the Zalman Trimon. Each has their pros and cons so I am not going to say that one is necessarily better than the other. Personally I am using the Zalman and I am pretty happy with it. All those solutions run around $300 for the monitor, except the iz3d/zalman come with polarized glasses and with the 120Hz LCDs you need to buy the Nvidia glasses separate for an extra $200. If you have more money to spend you could look at the Viewsonic 3D-Ready Projector PJD6220-3D ($650) for use w/ Nvidia 3D Vision. There are also some big-screen 3D-Ready HDTVs available if you are looking to spend slightly more than that. Depends what you are looking for.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

yup, do a forum search for the iz3d and zalman- this has been discussed many times
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Red/cyan is a good way to get familiar to usage of stereodrivers. The anaglyph experience cannot be compared to using a full color stereorig like the zalman, iz3d or 3d-vision.
The Zalman is cheap and i have to say it really seems to be an ok piece of hardware. It's compatible with a numerous of softs as well.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”