Details on operation of iZ3D drivers, version 1.10RC2a

veggy432
One Eyed Hopeful

Details on operation of iZ3D drivers, version 1.10RC2a

Post by veggy432 »

Hello everyone,

I'm trying this drivers with my edimensional wired glasses and a crt monitor from Sony (120Hz also) i use them under windows 7 (but also Win XP to make cross-platform testing) both 32 bit, i use ED activator to make them flickering using page flip mode, and i use shutter output on iZ3D drivers, everything goes perfect also with new games, with all of them, but there's a major problem, i noticed that i can get 3D stereo only if my game FPS are above the RefreshRate/2 value, if not i get desync between glasses and game, and some eyes-ache ;-) ...please anyone knows how should i set up all the options in the iZ3D control center to avoid this?? because i don't understand the meaning of many of them, like "simple stereo projection method", or "clipping" what is this for? also the "separation mode" do you think i can use any of these to solve the issue with fps problem? or i must simply get more fps out from the games?

another important thing is that the OpenGL stereo doesn't seem to work, i tried to enable it and start Xplane, but nothing changes no answer to inputs... is this yet implemented?? i need to know all these information before buying the drivers (after trial period)

last but not least, i found out i can get a nice stereo effect with Interleaved mode, but i don't understand how this works, if i must keep a certain fps or not, or if i should use vsync, or also if there's any need to deactivate some rendering options on games, this because some times i get perfect stereo and some times i get swapping de-synchronized images.

any help is appreciated!!
thanks mates
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Details on operation of iZ3D drivers, version 1.10RC2a

Post by cybereality »

Thats just an issue with the shutter-glasses implementation from what I understand (don't have any CRTs left to test it on). You will likely need to be getting at least 60FPS in game, probably higher (maybe 120FPS to run at the full 120Hz). There is not really much advanced syncing going on (due to limitations in DirectX) so you need to be running with an FPS higher than the refresh or it will lose sync. I don't think there is any fix for this but supposedly they were working on something.
veggy432
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Details on operation of iZ3D drivers, version 1.10RC2a

Post by veggy432 »

hello and thanks for answer,

first i've noticed that is enough to have a minimum fps of half of scree refresh to get complete stereo without flickering, anyway,
what you can tell me about interlaced mode? how should i set my monitor up to get good effect without eyes tiring, and what about fps?
for last is OpenGl support working with iZ3D?? are they planning to release it? or what are opengl games now supported?
thanks again for everthing!

ciao!

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”