Help please

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
nebula2008
One Eyed Hopeful

Help please

Post by nebula2008 »

I am using a Zalman Trimon 22" for 3D and i cant see any popout when playing games i need to know how to get it so i can adjust the convergence i dont see the option to do it. ive also tried using F5 - F6 to adjust it but it doesn't have any effect.

Also another thing that is worrying me is that i never saw the little white square in the medical test image i saw the big square but not the little one in the center. Is it safe for me to be using it i can see the extra depth but cant see the popout.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Help please

Post by Likay »

I'm not totally positive but maybe it's difficult to get popout with the nvidiadrivers. It also depends on which games you play.
You should be able to run the zalman with iz3d drivers too. (Hey: There are many decent stereodrivers that works with the zalman). I'm not entirely positive that iz3d drivers and horisontal interlacing is a free option but there'a a tryout period of at least 30 days with it.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Turn on the advanced settings in the NVIDIA stereo driver. This will let you adjust "convergence" with the CTRL-F5 and CTRL-F6 keys.

Here is a detailed guide on how convergence and separation work:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/cgi-bin/newslette ... ews_id=44/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,
Neil
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Go into the Nvidia control panel, go to the stereo 3d settings, click on the adjust hot-keys, then enable advanced options. This will let you adjust the convergence (not sure why thats such an "advanced" option). However, its strange that you cannot see the square on the Nvidia test application. Make sure you are sitting right in front of the monitor and you have it adjusted so your eye-level is about in the center. Also note that most games have a lot of depth but little pop-out. This is mainly due to common optimizations done in 3D programming to not render anything that is behind the camera. So there are only a few instances where you will see any meaningful pop-out. If a game were designed from the ground up in 3D they could probably do more in this respect.
nebula2008
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by nebula2008 »

would you recommend using iz3d over nvidia driver and do you think its safe to use if i cant see the square in the nvidia test image.

Thanks for your help so far :-)
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

You can have both installed at the same time. Just make sure both are not active when playing. Just deactivate the stereodriver you're not using for the moment.
I also have problems with the nvidia "medical test". The old nvidia testapplication for 3d rox though, actually! lol
I have no problem seeing stereo and can easily determine if the images are shifted or settings are bad etc so i would say that the medical test isn't really accurate.
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

Likay wrote:I also have problems with the nvidia "medical test".
I allways assumed its broken as I've never ever seen the floating box that people with the 3D Vision glasses mention.

Nothing to worry about, as I can see 3D fine and haven't experienced any issues despite failing the "Medical"
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

nebula2008
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by nebula2008 »

how do i use iz3d drivers with a zalman trimon it keeps saying monitor not found what option do i select during installation

Thanks
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

Open up the Control Panel and select Horiz. Interleaved instead of iz3D Monitor on the output method.
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Undead made it before me. Posting anyway. ;)

Never mind the error message. It's only about the iz3d monitor not being found. The install probably went fine anyway. Be sure to select full install and having antivirus turned off (some might interfere with the iz3d install).
The option for the zalman should be horisontal interlaced. If the vision looks weird then press [CTRLl]+[F8] to swap eyes view.

Iz3d default hotkeys:
[Numpad*] - Toggle stereo on/off.
[Numpad+] - Increase separation
[Numpad-] - Decrease separation
[Shift]+[Numpad+] - Increase convergence
[Shift]+[Numpad-] - Decrease convergence

There are more but these will have to do for the moment.
nebula2008
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by nebula2008 »

Thanks for your help but i keep getting an error message saying cant load output dll how do i fix this.
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

Install RC1 instead?
And make sure you do a FULL install.
Last edited by UndeadD3vi1 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Did you install the iz3d drivers for some time ago? Then maybe the trial time has expired. :(
And yes: Installing one of the later drivers will surely help! :)
nebula2008
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by nebula2008 »

ok thanks please look @ This

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”