MTBS Site Ideas

This website is for our members. Do you have some design ideas? Are there features you would like to see? What additions would drive this site forward? POST YOUR IDEAS HERE!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

MTBS Site Ideas

Post by Neil »

Hello everyone!

I'm getting some feedback that the site could use a little freshening up - a little more spice!

If you have some design ideas or features that would continue to put MTBS on top, please post them here. Our design team is going on vacation, and I want to overwork them when they get back! :o

All ideas are welcome!

Regards,
Neil 8)
Lucky
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Lucky »

Hey Neil,

This site is great! I really like the forums and how they are set up, but I do have one an idea for a section that you can ad. A Trading Post. As I posted in another thread I am working on trying out a Passive 3D setup. After I am done, I might keep the components or I may choose to use the projectors in a 2048x768 configuration instead. Anyways, to get to my point - a Trading Post section in the forums would be a great place for me to either buy or sell items as I continue on with this project. I am sure as this site grows others will find it useful as well.

Just my $0.02,
~Lucky
sharky

Post by sharky »

hi luky! we had it till 2 days ago.. in 5 months there was only ONE thread and only one reply by neil.. :D

personally i immagine it would be better to add it in future.. empty sections are not that nice.. i would use the off topic section if it is a occasional selling.. but neil is teh boss.. :)

bye

sharky
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

phil
Cross Eyed!

Re: MTBS Site Ideas

Post by phil »

Hi Neil,

Something that I think would help a lot:

When there's an editorial and then a thread for feedback, the thread could start with a link back to the editorial.
Usually I arrive on those threads and don't understand what's being discussed until I click to the main page (and that only works if it's the most recent news story - otherwise I'm lost). People might be replying to your opening question on those threads without knowing there's a story behind it.

Unless I'm missing something obvious? :lol:

Cheers,
phil
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

phil wrote:Hi Neil,

Something that I think would help a lot:

When there's an editorial and then a thread for feedback, the thread could start with a link back to the editorial.
Usually I arrive on those threads and don't understand what's being discussed until I click to the main page (and that only works if it's the most recent news story - otherwise I'm lost). People might be replying to your opening question on those threads without knowing there's a story behind it.

Unless I'm missing something obvious? :lol:

Cheers,
phil
yeah they are very confusing
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Neil

Post by Neil »

Good point!

I can do that.

Regards,
Neil
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

A petition thread would be good idea. (or not :lol: ).
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
Libertine
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Libertine »

Too many forums IMO, i haven't posted here because of it. Its overwhelming to me, and I feel like if i post a question in the DDD profile section it will be seen by 1 person, a month to 6 months from now, whos *possible* response i will never see or it will be too late. I also feel like a lot of information i might look for could be in several forums. Thus my only option to hammer the "show new posts" button, which isn't ideal imo, and which i only thought about now, after 8 months of knowing about this forum. There are posts going back to 2009 on the first page of some forums. I would recommend condensing all the forums down some. I think it would promote a ton more activity. I personally would make a General S3D forum clearly labeled, not with any subforums under it that could be elsewhere.

My .02
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Yes, I agree. There are WAY too many sub-forums (and sub-sub-forums). Except for a few popular sections, most topics get lost in the shuffle. We actually have trimmed down a bit since years ago, but it still is overwhelming to a new-comer. I will see if we can cut this down even more.

Return to “MTBS Website Ideas”