SIGGRAPH 2009, S-3D Gaming Panel, Part IV (Habib Zargarpour)

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

SIGGRAPH 2009, S-3D Gaming Panel, Part IV (Habib Zargarpour)

Post by Neil »

In this segment, Habib Zargarpour, Senior Art Director for Electronic Arts, enjoys Need For Speed SHIFT for the very first time in stereoscopic 3D.

The HD version of the video can be found here:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=135846910798" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NFS SHIFT has not been released yet, and Meant to be Seen had the privilege of getting pre-builds of the game so arrangements could be made to have it optimized for a thrilling stereoscopic 3D gaming experience.

Last year, we used iZ3D's S-3D drivers for the technology demo. This year, we decided to do something different, and used DDD's Tridef Ignition Drivers to create the gaming magic. Was it a success? Watch the video and find out!

Share your thoughts!

Regards,
Neil
Neil

Re: SIGGRAPH 2009, S-3D Gaming Panel, Part IV (Habib Zargarpour)

Post by Neil »

You should Digg this if you can! 32 Diggs so far!

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Electronic_ ... FT_in_S_3D" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,
Neil
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Very nice. EA is huge and if they start supporting S3D it could be very good for the industry. I want to get this game when it comes out.
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

Cyber you are going to love it! This for me is my currently most anticipated s3d title.

One of the most memorable nights in college for me was when a guy brought in a 3do system with the very first need for speed. The evil dude you raced against, daredevil I think his name was, was so much fun! All our grades went down that semester! We played the hell out of that game. In real life i was driving around in a toyota supra turbo so of course you know which car I always chose! ;) It was fun to get beer money from winning bets with folks who thought they could beat a supra with a 300K lamborghini in the game. Anyways, my dad used to announce the races with Gordon Sole at several of the small dirt tracks around the southeast USA. Old Gordon some may remember went on to be the big host/anouncer for world wide wrestling with Mr. Mcmahon. Well they fired my dad and gave all the work to Gordon. So my dad tells me he was hanging with his 3rd cousin Rusty Wallace, unemployed, and Rusty got him behind the wheel and from their my dad was hooked! (Rusty later went on to be big nascar racer and my dad wrecked too damn much! LOL) My dad raced at several tracks in florida, alabama and georgia, he raced so damn much my mom seperated from him for about a year before I was born ;) LOL! Racing is a very expensive hobby!! Anyways my dad always had lots of fast street cars too. My older sisters got some real gems, some old ford mustangs and chevy camaros. When I came along the asian invasion was where my heart was and I always went with them. My dad didn't like that. Toyota was my fav and have owned many mr2's and supras. Like nick hogan recently though, I was really dangerous on the streets and they used to call me "captain crash" and i have many scars on my body from all the wrecks! Hell maybe that is why I am nutz! All the wrecks caused dain bramage! LOL! I don't know, maybe the thrill of racing is in my blood, is that genetic? Anyways one of the best things about living in florida is my mom was friends with some people that were friends with Warren Mosler, inventor of the mt900 supercar. We got to go to his factory down near west palm beach, and that thing is AMAZING! But I don't recall if it was one of the cars that can be selected in SHIFT, I hope so. Anyways although I have never raced professionaly like my dad, I always did a lot of "fast and furious" street stuff for most of my youth.

Anyways, The need for speed shift demonstration Neil put on, my heart was racing like I had just run a few turns at the dragon in north carolina. Well I had to find out more about the physics of this game:

http://www.autosimsport.net/index2/inde ... -vol5-iss1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This seems to have a pretty good article about all the SHIFT physics and other things relating to the development of the game, Neil do you or anyone know of any other good articles relating to this game? I bought a motion simulator with 2dof and if they could do internal programming for this it woudl make it easier on me.

Edit: Went to see "grease" last night with my mom and some other family and asked her how did my dad pay for all that racing stuff he did when he was young, she said he used to hang out with denis fontaine, the founder of advance auto parts, and that was his sponsor. They met at florida southern college in lakeland. Sheesh, I never knew that! Why can't I find some rich billionaire to sponsor my fun?!?
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

http://www.moslereconomics.com/2009/08/ ... ment-10143" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ok Neil, I have put in a request to Warren Mosler. His MT900 is winning lots of awards lately. His car is very well respected in the racing world and envied by many. Moller - the flying car company - I asked them to contact Warren about using his platform instead of the ferrari they use now since his car is lighter. Warren seemed receptive, but those Moller guys are involved in so many things with the government right now, hard to get ahold of them.
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “MTBS Newswire”