2 Video Cards, IZ3D + Viewsonic 22"(2D)

Killigath
Cross Eyed!

2 Video Cards, IZ3D + Viewsonic 22"(2D)

Post by Killigath »

I just upgraded my video card from an 8800GTS to a GTX 275. Wanted to get a 2nd video card so that I can dual screen games like WoW. I need that extra screen for Vent, Web Surfing, and music.

I have the GTX 275 in my primary PCI-E slot and 8800gts in the secondary slot.
The GTX has IZ3D Back and Front plugged into it and the 8800gts has a viewsonic 2d monitor.

The IZ3D static test image displays fine in 3D, as does movies in Stereoscopic player. However when i run the Dynamic test or start up WoW, the front IZ3D displays on my viewsonic monitor instead of the IZ3D. So basically my viewsonic screen is all grey and shows what should be on the front IZ3D input.

Windows Display properties is assigning DVI slots strangely
GTX 275
Port 1 = 1 (IZ3D Back)
Port 2 = 3 (IZ3D Front)
8800GTS
Port 1 = 2 (Viewsonic)
Port 2 = 4 (none)
I dragged the IZ3D front in between 1 and 2 to so that they are in the proper order, and that did nothing. So now they are in order 1,3,2.

Anyone had this happen or got a fix for me?

---------------------------------
Windows XP 32-bit
2gb DDR3 1333
EVGA 790i motherboard
IZ3D Drivers version 10.01
Latest Nvidia drivers
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: 2 Video Cards, IZ3D + Viewsonic 22"(2D)

Post by Likay »

I have this happen and indeed the monitors (iz3d vs dual projectors) are in an "interlaced" matter (iz3d 1+3 while beamers are 2+4) after a fresh driverinstall even if both beamers are on one card and the iz3d on the other. :lol:
For now i use profiles to simply black out the monitors i don't need. I don't know if this suits you but:
Use the iz3d and black the other monitor(s) by unticking "extend windows desktop" on those. Save the profile with name iz3d or something... Use this profile for the iz3d.
Then do the same for your other config.
You may need to enable nview desktop manager for this. (probably)

Good luck!
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Killigath
Cross Eyed!

Post by Killigath »

Yeah I suppose I can do that. I just wont be able to play wow in 3d and have the 2nd screen up. But for normal gaming that will work. Still it would be nice if you could fix it where all 3 screens work properly at the same time.

I wonder if i move the IZ3D front input to my 2nd video card if it would hurt performance or work. It being a different model video card makes me kind of wary of trying that.
Killigath
Cross Eyed!

Post by Killigath »

Ok. I have it working at the moment. Yuri suggested that I unplug the Viewsonic and get 3D working first. I did, and 3d working great.
Only thing is, the moitors were still 1 and 3. What gives.

Then I plugged the viewsonic back in and sure eneough it got set to monitor 2. Then I plugged it into DVI port 2 on the 8800gts and reboot.
It was STILL set to monitor 2. AHHH. However, i tried startign wow, and like magic it works. I'm logged into wow in 3d right now and typing this message on my Viewsonic.
Dunno what the deal is, but it works.

Just thought I'd share in, case anyone else runs into this.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”