IZ3D and some older Flight Sims ;)

The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

IZ3D and some older Flight Sims ;)

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hi All,

I was wondering if the IZ3d Monitor will work with all of my Flight Simulato? if anybody can test Please do and let me know..

here is a list of games that are NOT on the Games list but should work???

1. Total Air War - check Combatsim.com ;) -- directx 6

2. Janes F/A-18 --directx 7

3. Falcon 4 Open Falcon --- directx 5-6??

4. Enemy Engaged Commanch vs Hokum --Has been updated to 1.12 as source code for this was released..still a direct x 7-8??

5. Enemy Engaged 2.. directx 9

6. DCS:Black Shark directx 9

7. All Dooms' with Risen3D ???

8. Armed Assault: Combat operations..directx 9

9. Steel Beasts Pro newer directx 9 game NO Demo :(

well that is the list for now Please let me know..I know they say if it is Dx8-9 it should work I just want a definite answer Please..
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Re: IZ3D and some older Flight Sims ;)

Post by yuriythebest »

hi! you can just download the iz3d driver from their site and test it in anaglyph mode (you don't need an iz3d monitor to test it)
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

so if it works in Anaglyph on my current setup it will work with an IZ3D Monitor??
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

The_Nephilim wrote:so if it works in Anaglyph on my current setup it will work with an IZ3D Monitor??
Yes, exactly. Thats why they give you anaglyph mode. The first one is always free...
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

well None of the older Flight Sims work so NO IZ3D Monitor for me :(
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

The_Nephilim wrote:well None of the older Flight Sims work so NO IZ3D Monitor for me :(
I'm sorry to hear that, too bad. But are there no modern DX9 flight sims? Did they just stop making them?
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

well there are a few but the ones I mostly play are in the above listed.. They basically stopped making Combat flight Simulations :(

DCS:Black Shark being the most recent they made.. that will probally work but I like flying the other sims as well especially in 3D?? Works like a chaqrm with the 162.50 Stereo Drivers from nVidia wonder why they do NOT work with the IZ3d Drivers??
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

The_Nephilim wrote:DCS:Black Shark being the most recent they made.. that will probally work but I like flying the other sims as well especially in 3D?? Works like a chaqrm with the 162.50 Stereo Drivers from nVidia wonder why they do NOT work with the IZ3d Drivers??
Obvious answer is just to get a modern Nvidia solution so you can leverage their driver. I am very happy with the Zalman monitor.
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

Did you try any newer games to make sure at least something works? Because it's possible there may be another issue if NOTHING works.

Try the dynamic test in the "Help" section, to make sure you can see the colors separate.

But, just for info, our driver works for DX 8 & 9, not 7, so those won't work for sure
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

well I had tried EE2 and ArmA both of those are direct x 9 games and worked OK.

Welder any plans on getting the older directX Game support for 3D?? I would like to see support for direct x 5 and up ;)
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

cybereality wrote:
The_Nephilim wrote:DCS:Black Shark being the most recent they made.. that will probally work but I like flying the other sims as well especially in 3D?? Works like a chaqrm with the 162.50 Stereo Drivers from nVidia wonder why they do NOT work with the IZ3d Drivers??
Obvious answer is just to get a modern Nvidia solution so you can leverage their driver. I am very happy with the Zalman monitor.

So does the Zalman Monitor work with older directX Games?? DirectX 5 and up?? I currently use tje old nVidia soklution with the 162.50 drivers and a DLP Projector??
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

The_Nephilim wrote:
Welder any plans on getting the older directX Game support for 3D?? I would like to see support for direct x 5 and up ;)
Not sure about that. I think right now our main focus is DX10, and our new driver architecture of 2.0
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

I agree that previous DX support would be a good idea, but there is no point supporting less than DX7.
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

cybereality

Post by cybereality »

The_Nephilim wrote:So does the Zalman Monitor work with older directX Games?? DirectX 5 and up?? I currently use tje old nVidia soklution with the 162.50 drivers and a DLP Projector??
It works with anything that the Nvidia driver supports. I haven't specifically tried any old games, so I can't be sure. But I assume it has the legacy support from previous driver versions. You would need Vista to use the new driver so if you have a dual boot now (or have another machine to test Vista/Win7 on) you can try the driver in anaglyph to see if it works. The Zalman also works with the old XP driver too. To be honest though, if you have a working solution with a DLP projector, that is going to be the best its going to get for old DX5/6 type games. The 7900 should be more than enough power for those old titles. Just asking, if you have a working 3D projector why do you want an iz3D monitor?
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

cybereality wrote:
The_Nephilim wrote:So does the Zalman Monitor work with older directX Games?? DirectX 5 and up?? I currently use tje old nVidia soklution with the 162.50 drivers and a DLP Projector??
Just asking, if you have a working 3D projector why do you want an iz3D monitor?

LAN Parties ;)
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Not only that. Having projectors for occasional gaming (which is in the most cases) projectors are not really suitable, The bulbs takes damage if projectors are used only for short times and turned on/off frequently.
Nothing beats the experience with a dual projector rig but this is the reason why i use the iz3d almost as much or even more than the projector rig for 3d-gaming.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

Welder, Vadim never got back to me on this over at your website - it makes directx 7 games work with a newer dx8 renderer - perhaps will work for these older flight sims?

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.p ... it=deus+ex" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And just to be thorough, this guy got it working too - check out his games working list - deus ex

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.p ... it=deus+ex" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nephelim, try this with all your games, it maybe work with older dx6 too, I am not sure. Please post any successful results you have - maybe it will give you some ideas for looking through various gaming forums for other people that maybe have updated the renderer for various flight sims on thier own.
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

hey thnx for the glimmer of hope ;) but alas it did NOT work ??
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

The_Nephilim wrote:hey thnx for the glimmer of hope ;) but alas it did NOT work ??
The only other idea I can think of is to learn the underlying graphics engine/development environment on all those games and start doing a search all over for every other game that uses it. My AI professor in college did some collaborative work with sergey brin and he always said google is your friend ;)

Maybe someone did a modification for that graphics engine that was used in some other game and it can work for the flight sim game? I searched for a long time before I found the small slivers of stuff already posted here on mtbs3d by others.
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

The_Nephilim wrote:hey thnx for the glimmer of hope ;) but alas it did NOT work ??
Well, like I said before, the Zalman works perfectly fine with the old Nvidia XP driver. Check your settings. If you see an option called "Horizontal Interlace" then the Zalman will work with your existing rig. It also works with the new Nvidia driver under Vista. The quality on the Zalman is pretty good in my opinion, maybe even better than the iz3d. You might want to consider it.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

cybereality where would I see horizontal interlace?? I use the 167.50 Drivers and the 162.50 Stereo Drivers??
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

The_Nephilim wrote:cybereality where would I see horizontal interlace?? I use the 167.50 Drivers and the 162.50 Stereo Drivers??
It should be on the main stereo3d settings page. There is a drop-down box that says: "Anaglyph", "DCC VGA Glasses", "Planar Mirror", "NeurOK", etc. "Horizontal Interlace" should be one of the options. I've tested it with the 93.63 era driver, dunno about 162.50. It should be an option though.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Ahh I see but it does NOT show as an option??

By the_nephilim at 2009-07-30
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

The_Nephilim wrote:Ahh I see but it does NOT show as an option??
Weird. More of Nvidia's tom-foolery I suppose.
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

I don't know but, may this work for you?
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D]
- "ShowAllViewerTypes"=dword:00000001
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

it was already at 1 ??? well I could always use the older drivers?
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

cybereality wrote:
The_Nephilim wrote:cybereality where would I see horizontal interlace?? I use the 167.50 Drivers and the 162.50 Stereo Drivers??
It should be on the main stereo3d settings page. There is a drop-down box that says: "Anaglyph", "DCC VGA Glasses", "Planar Mirror", "NeurOK", etc. "Horizontal Interlace" should be one of the options. I've tested it with the 93.63 era driver, dunno about 162.50. It should be an option though.

Well I tried the 94.24 No luck?? would the 93.71 have it?? If this is a newer monitor why isnt it there in the Drivers?? did they discontinue this monitor, the Zalman??
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

The_Nephilim wrote:If this is a newer monitor why isnt it there in the Drivers?? did they discontinue this monitor, the Zalman??
Those drivers came out years before the Zalman did. Its supported on the new Vista driver for sure.

Also, I meant to say 91.31, thats what I was using with it. Try that maybe:
http://downloads.guru3d.com/ForceWare-9 ... -1440.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

I see I need to have windows Vista for the Zalman 3D Monitor to work with games??

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”