Starship Troopers

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
ohgrant
One Eyed Hopeful

Starship Troopers

Post by ohgrant »

Has anyone had any luck with this game, when it was first out, I had a sound loop problem but there was a game patch that corrected it in 2D but if I try to enable the stereo driver the problem is still there and it crashes every time.
nathansteinke
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by nathansteinke »

Ohgrant,

I tried the demo, and no luck. Enabling stereo definitely does something.
And when I press F3 and F4, I can see parts of the objects shifting. But I've only ever seen one image of the gun and the 3d effect just isn't there at all. It's a shame, man that games looks like it would be pretty awesome if the Stereo 3D worked.
Hopefully there's some trick that we haven't explored to get it going.
I tried making sure resolution is same native resolution as windows and turning off shadows, still no go.
-Nate
ohgrant
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ohgrant »

Thanks nathansteinke, I was starting to wonder if the problem was with my creative labs sound card. This does look like a game that would be great in 3D.
ohgrant
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ohgrant »

Thanks for the reply overload, I may look into the force feedback headphones. It sounds like Starship Troopers doesn't work in 3D. I don't get a chance to game as much as I would like, when I do, it will not be in 2D. Too bad, I watched someone play a chapter of this before I got the game and I thought it would be great in 3D. I uninstalled it last night; it's just not worth 3GB of precious hard drive space if it doesn't work in 3D IMO.
DevilMaster
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by DevilMaster »

Did anyone ever manage to run Starship Troopers in stereoscopy? I got it some days ago: stereoscopy worked fine in the first level (the space station and tutorial) and the second level (a night mission). But in the third level (a day mission), stereoscopy "almost" doesn't work. I say "almost" because fire and smoke are still rendered at the correct depth, but all the rest is a single image of the two that should be rendered. So, did anyone have any luck?

My specs: Pentium M @ 1.73 GHz; 512 MB RAM; GeForce Go 6200; ForceWare 78.01.

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”