Cheapo Anaglyph glasses and color coding

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
harperhendee
One Eyed Hopeful

Cheapo Anaglyph glasses and color coding

Post by harperhendee »

I recently downloaded the iz3d driver and decided to give it a whirl in anaglyph to determine how well it performed with my favorite game, Lord of the Rings Online. I have a couple of 3d anaglyph movies at home, so I just grabbed the glasses that came with the DVD. They are red/green.

I figured this would work fine, but I am unable to get 3d to reliably work for me on games. I think this may have to do with the color coding of the glasses I have. My left eye, (green) gets a single image (and faint ghost) but the right eye gets two distinct images. One is fairly detailed, and the other is a bright ghost. Try as I might, I cannot seem to get my brain to ignore the bright ghost in my left eye and form the pictures into a single coherent stereoscopic image.

I tried some red/green anaglyph movies on youtube and had better results. How much will buying a pair of cyan/magenta (or yellow/whatever) glasses help my anaglyph experience?

--Harper
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Cheapo Anaglyph glasses and color coding

Post by cybereality »

You want to be using red/cyan glasses with the iz3d driver. Other colors may give unpredictable results, you may see something, but its not the way it was meant to be seen. Anaglyph glasses are cheap: about $1 for the cheap paper ones and maybe $10 for a good plastic pair. You can get some here:

http://www.3dstereo.com/viewmaster/gla.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Cheapo Anaglyph glasses and color coding

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

The old nVidia driver allows you to change the colors to match the glasses you have.
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”