E-Dimensional Driver with Elsa Revelator - no response?

Talk about AMD/ATI GPUs and driver performance here.
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

E-Dimensional Driver with Elsa Revelator - no response?

Post by LukePC1 »

I tried out this E-Dimensional Driver for ATI cards in Warcraft 3. I get 2 seperated pictures, but my old Elsa 3d Revelator, which works great on my Nvidia systhem isn't responding at all.
I read somewhere here ( I believe in one of RAGEdemon's articles), that the Edimensional Glasses weren't much different to the older ones, so it could be possible to use these different glasses for their Driver...

So my question is: is it possible? Do the ED glasses work without a special signal from the graphic's Card ( which might be missing at ATI cards)?
Which settings would be the right? Pageflipping?

Luke
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
ohgrant
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ohgrant »

Hi LukePC1, the ED wrapper is quite different then the NVIDIA driver, you must lower your refresh rate to 60 Hz, for most monitors, and the driver should be set at sync double or interlaced. It kind of sounds like you is using the ED activator not the game driver. The activator does not work on games; it just turns on the glasses. I have never tried the Elsa 3d Revelator, but I had shutter glasses from several different manufacturers
and they were all interchangeable. Does the Revelator have a dongle that plugs into the video card?
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

The glasses have a Y-cable, which gets between the graphics Card and the monitor cable. Mine just work for CRT, but this is no problem.

it was
Proprietary ATI/Universal Drivers Version 4.25 (works on any video card)
Click Here
from here:
https://edimensional.com//support_updates.php
I think this is the right 'wraper'. I get 2 different pictures - a bit like with Nvidia cards and Pageflipping without the glasses - am I right?

The glasses work fine on the other rig, so they are ok. I was just woundering why they didn't get any signal or didn't respond to anything. This seems to happen.

Are only the glasses interchangeable (in case of IR), or also the IR-emitters btw. the cable version (tried both - without luck)?
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
ohgrant
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ohgrant »

Looks like you have the right driver, have you downloaded the ED activator to test the glasses? I'm not sure about the IR reciever, the 3 sets of wireless glasses I have, 1 ED and 2 Razor, work both on my PC IR and the 3D system I have for 3D movies on TV. I'm thinking it should work for you.

Return to “General AMD/ATI Discussion”