newbie amazed by s-3d, saying hi to everyone.

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
locjai
One Eyed Hopeful

newbie amazed by s-3d, saying hi to everyone.

Post by locjai »

hi all, i would like to say this site is awesome, questions get answered fast and dead on.
speaking of questions with fast replys, i got another one, does a picture have to be converted to be viewed 3d? i tried using the nvidia im using nvidia 3d package + samsung bundle. im using the nvidia scopic player, is it suppose to convert by it self on that program or do i need to convert then use it
BTW i tried gaming with the 3d on Aion the tower of eternity and it looks amazing, zooming into the charater, it made it seems like its a hologram , the wings sticks out over a fooot off the screen! its the reason i bought the 3d bundle just for this game and im glade it looks so amazing, i have it on my pcs max setting, which the games setting was second to max, there was some very light ghosting on really bright objects but im a newbie so im not sure if its suppose to be like that or not, other then that, everything looks amazing, u really notice the dephs in the game, when standing off a cliff, it made me felt like imma fall in, i get scared feeling, lol.. flying is amazing too, it gave the game another feel to it, being able to fly is already amazing enought but with the depths, and things popping out, its like you are right next to them.

oh might help if i post my pc spec
vista 32 bit home edition
quad core 2.4
3g rams
gtx280
nvidia 3d bundle
WheatstoneHolmes
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: newbie amazed by s-3d, saying hi to everyone.

Post by WheatstoneHolmes »

Hi locjai!

If you are talking about converting normal 2D pictures to 3D then you need software like http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=87.
I came here to chew bubblegum and to see 3D...and I'm all out of bubblegum!
-----------------------
Me on YouTube, you watch: http://www.youtube.com/user/WheatstoneHolmes
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Hey whats up man! Welcome to the forum. Stereo3D is awesome, glad you like it.

Stick around and sign up for NAW.
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

Adding something thats not there in the first place is generally impossible and no advance math and logic in a computer program will ever compare to the human brain's ability to understand depth in 2D images.

I've seen several *auto* converted videos and photos, was a waste of my time...

Edit: I'm talking about the automated solutions which require zero user interaction. Manual solutions can work well as posts below state.
Last edited by UndeadD3vi1 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

Neil

Post by Neil »

I disagree. Photoforms works by converting a picture to a rubber mesh. The mesh can be pulled and pushed to get the shapes and depth cues you need to get the S-3D experience. It isn't a 2D/3D live conversion.

Regards,
Neil
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Hi and welcome! :)
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

Neil wrote:I disagree. Photoforms works by converting a picture to a rubber mesh. The mesh can be pulled and pushed to get the shapes and depth cues you need to get the S-3D experience. It isn't a 2D/3D live conversion.

Regards,
Neil
I agree

automated 2d->3d conversion just doesn't work properly and causes dizziness
manual photo 2d->3d conversion can actually have very good and interesting results
still, unless you are aiming for a specific converted feel or just have that one photo that you really want to convert, I wouldn't recommend it as it's just too impractical for every day use- get a 3d camera or at least the minoru3d webcam and be happy
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

Ah sorry, I've only seen Automated 2D>3D. (Clip of the Matrix was one of them, I've forgotten where but it was a example video of what the software could do. Either way I didn't see any 3D in it other than 1 bullet poping out a little)

I'll edit my post, I didn't realise we were talking about Manual 2D>3D solutions. (Which should have been clear from what I said, as Manual = Human Brain being involved)
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

Welcome :D
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

UndeadD3vi1 wrote:Ah sorry, I've only seen Automated 2D>3D. (Clip of the Matrix was one of them, I've forgotten where but it was a example video of what the software could do. Either way I didn't see any 3D in it other than 1 bullet poping out a little)

I'll edit my post, I didn't realise we were talking about Manual 2D>3D solutions. (Which should have been clear from what I said, as Manual = Human Brain being involved)
have a look here:
http://www.mtbs3d.com/gallery/index.php?cat=32" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you will be amazed :)
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Yuriy,

I know this is off-topic, but I just love the signature. You could practically see your cape flapping in the wind. Brilliant! Maybe Martin Landau is correct when he says you're the coolist guy in the world. :shutter

I should get myself one of those S-3D webcams too. If enough of us do it, we could all look like members of a group of MTBS S-3D Power Rangers! :mrgreen:

Regards,
Neil
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

Ok, am I the only one that didn't just understand what Neil was going on about? (I just fired up his signature in the nVidia Viewer, yet still dont understand)

I've checked those pics out now, the couple I was interested in looked good, especally Mount Rushmore. Still I wish decent software existed so I could manually convert say a 20 minute episode of Futurama into S3D :( And I've tried the Automated Solutions, for example 3DCombine which was clearly coded in VisualBasic 6 (Its as buggy as hell and never finshed my test encode - Funny story actually. My free trial ran out while it was encoding! That 2 hour trial really helped me evaluate the program lol)

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

Neil wrote:Hi Yuriy,

I should get myself one of those S-3D webcams too.
definitely. We could then do the first ever 3d interview for stereo3dnews :)

Code: Select all

Maybe Martin Landau is correct when he says you're the coolist guy in the world.  :shutter:
I can attest that his claims are 100% true
locjai
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by locjai »

whats the differece between field seq 3d and sensio 3d? other then the big price tag lol
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Field sequential is interlaced while sensio is interlaced and also uses a compression algorithm. Sensio should be able to give a better image than other formats. I'm not able to play it in any player i have though. :(
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
WheatstoneHolmes
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by WheatstoneHolmes »

I'm sure YuriY or someone has said this before, but converting 2D video into a realistic looking 3D is the Holy Grail of S-3D.

Many have searched for it and been turned to skeletons when they chose poorly.
I came here to chew bubblegum and to see 3D...and I'm all out of bubblegum!
-----------------------
Me on YouTube, you watch: http://www.youtube.com/user/WheatstoneHolmes
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Having a machine automatically convert 2D->3D is about as convincing as a device that turns dog crap into gold.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”