problem with dlp projector and nvidia stereoscopic driver

rusty
One Eyed Hopeful

problem with dlp projector and nvidia stereoscopic driver

Post by rusty »

I have just bought Benq mp721,one of the projectors that are capable of projecting image with 85hz and known for very good performance with shutter glasses;I wanted to use this with my edimensional wired glasses;normally in nvidia general stereo lap there is possibility to choose stereo type eg.anaglyph,3pin vesa connect,ddc vga etc. and when I entered nvidia general stereo menu when using projector (the same computer of course) I couldnt chose anythying but anaglyph;.Whats wrong?I must assume that I dont have my glasses conected at the moment,but still on my LCD monitor I have these all options.Driver is 162.50 and i use gf .7300gt
Gae43
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: problem with dlp projector and nvidia stereoscopic driver

Post by Gae43 »

Are you using a laptop did you say? Are you connected using different outputs e.g. HDMI to projector and VGA Laptop? The reason I'm asking is because the NVidia menu is showing a different option for each display and that implies a different output maybe?
I have the X3D shutter glasses system with dongle and it only works over VGA not HDMI or DVI.

Gae43
rusty
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rusty »

sorry for not answering for so long.I've finally menage to make projector work with 3d (93.81 driver) but my problem now is when playing games with my wired ed and dlp projector i have swaped eyes (left for right)I I cant change it with software.I have read that I could do so with ed activator but it only changes left for right in interleaved mode,not pageflipping (only stereo on/resync and stereo off option there).There is hardware option but it is expensive.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Hi I have a similar setup with texas instruments dlp advanced stereo imax theatre visual system too. EDimensioanl suggests to use 3-din vesa instead of ddc vga glasses. This 3-din vesa output select with nvidia oldschool drivers corrects left and right images for full 3d stereo. First delete the orginal key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA corporation\Global\Stereo3D] reboot pc!

I found this nvidia registry edit. http://solo11.abac.com/edimensional/dow ... everse.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; add this key to your windows registry, it's correct. Reboot pc= :shutter
I found this information from http://www.google.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; typing in "stereo3d change left and right eye" I have the file too, I can send it to you if that link is gone.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
rusty
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rusty »

Ok,so i finally have done this with e-d activator (I belive) by turning it on and of a few times on page flipping mode and than I run game and it was correct,just briliant!I have tested with one game "Morrowind" so I only hope it will work with other games.Many thanks to everyone.
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

hi rusty,

look in the nvidia tech support forum (here on MTBS) and look in the topic "post registry entry info here".
Try what it says regarding parallax inversion. It should work for you. It's a nice, slick solution.

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3355" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Too bad nvidia doesn't tell us about these things. It would be nice.
System specs:
CPU: 3.2GHz Athlon 64 X2 6400
RAM: 800MHz 4GB dual channel mode
Video: geForce 8800GTS PCI-e, 640MB ram, driver 196.21
rusty
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rusty »

Iondrive,this topic you send is fantastic,I mean,everythying about adjustment what one could need including paralex inversion.It looks great,I write as soon as I try it.Thanks very much.

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”