DDC driver kit

One Eyed Hopeful

DDC driver kit

Post by 1140 »

:? :evil:
Just lost my new topic, due to server stress, while submitting :?:

I have found a company which is also smart with drivers.
The have available (for what it looks like) a library to communicate with the monitor via DDC.
This would make a huge improvement in the shutterglasses driver,
when the iZ3D driver would be able to tell when to swap the shutter glasses.

When the games would run slow, you WOULD still get low fps, but the eye-swap will never be a problem.
Maybe the z800 will also look great, when it doesn't from the eye-swap problem.

Link
My request to the library provider
---------------------------------
What a strange username..
1140 <=> ETA
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: DDC driver kit

Post by Likay »

Not too much into programming on these heights but i have heard it's difficult to control the actual directx instruction train. If you can use vsync for the train sync can be achieved (like it is now) but if some frames takes too long to render you will loose sync.
However with such libs there should be a possibility to keep sync though. (i think.. lol).
I'm just talking and guessing waiting for the cunning guys. :D
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: DDC driver kit

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

Most of the DDC librarys do not provide low-level interfacing.
The ones that do however, do so via custom code to interface with the GPU and the API I tried had no support for my 9600GT. (Despite being a recent build)

FYI, I PM'ed Welder (One of the iz3D guys) here about it a month ago, PM was read but I received no reply....

And as for the Frames not being kept in-sync due to low frame rate, there are many solutions to that as long as you can render 2D when you need to if the GPU isn't able to keep up with the required framerates. (Keeping the 2D renders of the previous 2 frames constantly in memory seems like the best method to me.)

Has anyone considered a hardware solution instead of software? A board that can create a bridge to our shutters can be easily built for less than $5. We simply need iz3D to add support for this board. This would effectivly be a Old-Gen Shutters to USB bridge.
To me this solution sounds like the best approach, alot of DDC shutters have major issues (Random Flickering) from being on the DDC channel which this would also solve. This solution is more realistic and compatable, it just needs iz3D's support. Any opinions?
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”