85hz DLP projector recommendation - nVidia 3d Vision

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
mourt
One Eyed Hopeful

85hz DLP projector recommendation - nVidia 3d Vision

Post by mourt »

Hi all,

I just recently bought the 3d vision to use with my CRT monitor. It suffers from ghosting and I was hoping to upgrade to DLP projector that is compatible with 3d Vision and maybe for use with the VESA universal VGA delay dongle offered here on the forums.

I'm from australia so finding used compatible models is impossible such as the sharp and benq models most recommend and so I need to purchase a modern projector direct not second hand.

I was looking at the Optoma HD71 but have since found out its most likely only 60hz compatible which is not useful. It does state it is compatible up to 120hz though. I am looking for a projector at about that grade/cost of the HD71/HD65.

Can anyone recommend a good, modern projector?

Thanks
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Re: 85hz DLP projector recommendation - nVidia 3d Vision

Post by martinlandau »

I saw on the nvidia forums that one guy said he got the sharp xr32x to work, they were selling them new a few months ago at some local retailers from what I saw. Have you researched any of the projectors with a 6X speed color wheel?

Viewsonic is supposed to be coming out with a true 120hz DLP projector soon, but chirsjarram says this cuts your resolution in half with checkerboarding.

Is Dual Projectors and the iz3d driver not an option for you? You could get 2 used projectors and that way only have to wear passive polarized glasses instead of active glasses that may give you headaches.
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mourt
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mourt »

I'll have a look into that projector, thank you. I haven't researched any 6 speed projectors except the HD71 (which i believe is a 6 speed). Is having a 6 speed what governs if the projector should work or not?

I did see that viewsonic projector, but i also read the problems you mentioned.

I play games that are not compatible with iz3d, hence why I'm pushing for the nvidia option if possible. Also, money is a concern and I would like to be able to use the projector for HD content if possible
mourt
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mourt »

Unfortunately that projector isn't sold here as far as I can tell.
bbloff
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bbloff »

I live in Australia as well, and purchased a second hand sharp XR-10X from the US. This came as one of top recommended DLP projectors for 3d, but I'm not impressed so far. I'm not sure if it's NVidia 3d vision doesn't work so well with this model projector, or if it's the projector. For example with static white text on the screen, a pale blue ghosted version of that text is clearly visible alongside it. Also get some pretty extreme flickering on bright patches. I know there is some flicker, I'm just not sure what is normal. I'm fairly sure what I'm seeing is not normal, as I'm quite happy with a CRT screen @ 60hz. Another user, Xerion, can confirm the blue ghosting with this projector, but didn't report any flicker.

From reviews I've seen online I'm sure it can be setup to work nicely (a lot of people rave about it), leaving me to suspect it's something to do with NVidia 3d vision. Before committing to a purchase I'd try and find someone who has actually used NVidia 3d vision and the projector combination first to avoid disappointment.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

see this thread you guys / Gals:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3170" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1st post, might be what you need
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
bbloff
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bbloff »

Unfortunately that's the precise thread I read before deciding to purchase the XR-10X, only to find it doesn't work. It most definitely does not work at 85hz with the delay dongle free of ghosting (in my case GTX260+Vista64+3DVision+delay dongle). I'm going to be testing at different refresh rates later to see if it makes a difference, and probably post some screenshots to help troubleshoot.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”