WOW (World of Warcraft)

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
Slimmoo
One Eyed Hopeful

WOW (World of Warcraft)

Post by Slimmoo »

I need help getting this to work, I had it working for my old system but not for this one and I don't know why.

I can get the enviroment to kinda go 3d, but the players and static 3d objects seem to be on thier own plane. It looks like your character is floating over the ground when they are just standing.

I play this game alot and need to be able to play it in Stereo, Does anyone have any ideas on how to get it working?

Well i was sleepy the first time I wrote this post so here is more info.

Well heres my system info,

WORKING: YES
CPU:AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ EE Dual Core Processor AM2 Windsor 2.2GHZ 512KBX2 65W 90NM
RAM:OCZ Gold XTC PC2-6400 2GB 2X1GB DDR2-800 CL5-5-5-12
MOTHERBOARD + CHIPSET: ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe ATX AM2 Nforce 570 SLI 2PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 3PCI SATA2 Sound GBLAN 1394 Motherboard
GRAPHICS: BFG GeForce 7600 GT OC PCI-E 256MB 128BIT GDDR3 Dual DVI HDTV Out SLI Ready Video Card
SOUND: Onboard
SPECIAL TWEAKS:AMD Dual Core fix, AMD Dual Core optimizer, WinXP Fix, Updated Drivers

And I'm using the 93.71 drivers.
:lol:
alcovitch
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by alcovitch »

I've had all kinds of issues with World of Warcraft since 7800 drivers. However, the latest beta drivers do the trick!. Download the 160 drivers and the 158 stereo drivers and all should work fine. Remove Vsync if you have it enabled though or you won't be able to turn on 3D.

Unfortunatly, even if the new drivers are very stable for me, they cause a serious amount of ghosting now. I didn't have this kind of ghosting with 7800 drivers, they just crashed way too much.
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

I think I used the "Dragon 3D Stereo Utility" from the downloads section at http://www.mtbs3d.com when I tested the demo. It sometimes solves the "kind of 3D" problem (does with ArmA).
hrnt
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: WOW (World of Warcraft)

Post by hrnt »

Slimmoo wrote:I need help getting this to work, I had it working for my old system but not for this one and I don't know why.

I can get the enviroment to kinda go 3d, but the players and static 3d objects seem to be on thier own plane. It looks like your character is floating over the ground when they are just standing.

I play this game alot and need to be able to play it in Stereo, Does anyone have any ideas on how to get it working?
Try disabling vertex shaders.
C2D E6600 @ 2.97GHz, 7950GT
Benq MP720P (1024x768@85Hz)
Gainward 3D LCS
alcovitch
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: WOW (World of Warcraft)

Post by alcovitch »

hrnt wrote:
Slimmoo wrote:I need help getting this to work, I had it working for my old system but not for this one and I don't know why.

Try disabling vertex shaders.
You don't need to do that. No need to turn of any grahpics settings. Just updated to the latest beta drivers and S3D drivers and disable Vsync and you will get very solid 3D in WoW.
alcovitch
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by alcovitch »

I've provided a link to a JPS pic of the results I get when using the latest video + Stereo 3D drivers in WoW.

You will have to rename the file from JPG to JPS (photobucket doesn't accept JPS format). Unfortunatly as I've just noticed doing that reduces the quality of the pic by quite a bit. However, you get the idea.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q1/a ... W07_50.jpg
Slimmoo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Slimmoo »

I got it wokring, just turned off vertex shaders and it works with everything else on, even full screen glow affect.

I will try it the other way though, because I want vertex shaders on and I'm not really that hyped about vertical sync

BTW, -how to you take picts and make them 3d, i've seen a bunch of peeps post thease picts but I don't know how to make my own. I guess that is a topic for another section though.

As for those other drivers, do they support 7600's? And where do you get the 160 ones?
CPU:AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
RAM:OCZ Gold XTC PC2-6400 2GB
MOTHERBOARD + CHIPSET: ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard
GRAPHICS: BFG GeForce 7600 GT OC PCI-E 256MB
E-Dimensional wireless shutterglasses

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”