Best Non-nVidia Shutters

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Best Non-nVidia Shutters

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

I would like to get a decent pair of Shutters now I've seen the Elsa Revalators in action. (Awful Shutters, 50% Ghosting!!! + Pageflip = Give up)

I've got no interest in Wireless Glasses at present and the Shutters I buy must be compatible with old nVidia Driver + iz3D, so guys what can $50 get me? :D
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Best Non-nVidia Shutters

Post by yuriythebest »

a good choice are the (now) 10$ xforce 3d shutters- I hear there is very little ghosting but some ppl find them slightly uncomfortable at the nose. They're so cheap cause the company wants to get rid of the inventory due to the lack of new driers from nvidia.

edimensional shutters are also nice, though the wired version is around 70$
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
jbrooks
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jbrooks »

how would you say th e e-dimensions compare to the razr3d or ddd models?
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

Anyone got a cheap source of XForce3D Glasses? They are no longer trading. I tried to buy them from the official site a couple weeks ago, only to be asked for $1000 on Shipping.

Anyone know which glasses have the highest contrast ratio? (Least ghosting?)
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

There are some cheap on ebay but I don't know if they will plug into Your Elsa dongle and work:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wired-3D-Glasses-LC ... 4|294%3A50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Probably not worth the effort/money if You have to start soldering/experimenting to much.
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

As was posted in another thread, XForce 3D has been bought out by http://Ultimate3DHeaven.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I got a shipment of these just last week actually and have to say that Carl from there was quite forthcoming with answers to my questions.
I got two wired and two wireless pairs and now I see why other recommend the wired ones. The wired ones are light and seem quite well made. The wireless ones look and feel like something from the 70s (not that I was alive back then). They are heavy and very uncomfortable if you have an above average sized nose (as I do). They actually look like these: http://ultimate3dheaven.com/anisprowi3dg.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sofar I've only really tested out the wired glasses with my Benq BP6200 and, as expected given the lack of internal synchronization with the input, the image starts out good and gradually the eyes go backwards before going back to correct (hard to explain). I'm planning on adding some circuit to be able to provide an internal sync to the projector. Should be pretty easy to source this from the stepper motor controller for the colour wheel.
On the plus side, these glasses hooked upto the projector gives very little ghosting at all when the sync is correct. I can't really speak for the wireless ones as I believe I'll need to get new batteries for them.
Let me know if you have questions on these.
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

So how can I right now buy a Wired XForce 3D? I see none on eBay, offical site is a WIP, etc.

So far it seems that all I can actually get for less than $50 is another pair of Elsa's

FixB
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by FixB »

I'd have the same question : where to get wired xforce 3d glasses in France (even with your help on my other post, I just can't get my elsa glasses to work...) ?? Preferably not at the same price as the new nvidias :)
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

I've also given up on the ELSA's. For me the 3D Glasses sync to my Hard Drive IO as well as my GPU.... :shock:

Looks like they can now be bought at http://www.xforce3d.com/wipcglki.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A shame about the price...

chrisjarram
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by chrisjarram »

IMO The best shutters you can get in terms of value for money agsinst quality at the moment are the Samsung SSG1000.
XFX GTX 280 XXX,BFG 7900GTX,Q6600,4gbXMS2,3TB RAID,2xWD Raptors,MountainMods U2-UFO Case,1KW Thermaltake PSU, 3x BenQ MP720p,Full active sim setup inc actuators,shakers,wind,THX sound.CrystalEyes 3,6 wireless ED w/ hipower emitter.
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

I got my xforce3d glasses by emailing http://Ultimate3DHeaven.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

How much did they cost you?

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”