What are my options?

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

What are my options?

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

I've been trying to get 3D Stereo set up for gaming for about 3 years now, a couple years ago I bought the ELSA Revalators but failed to get a 3D Effect at 100Hz on a old 15'" CRT. I think maybe the ELSA glasses where broken.

Skiping to the present day, I really want 3D Stereo but not sure which route to take, I live in the UK so even if money wasn't a limitation I can not go the 3D 120Hz LCD + nVision route.

I at present use a Samsung 22" LCD, it can reach 85Hz in high resolutions, but I haven't checked what it can do at 800x600, maybe I'll find that to be 100Hz? I understand that 85Hz is enough to produce the effect but will be slightly flickery and cause a headache? I just want to experience the effect before deciding if a 3D Screen is worth upgrading to. I also read Interleaved is a good option for lower refresh rates and 85Hz will be perfect on interleaved, is this true? (I also have a 15'' CRT in case the LCD's are unsuitable for any reason)

I've got loads of Red/Cyan glasses here but despite trying several different ones I have never got a effect from these either. I have however experienced 3D at a Theme Park, which is the driving force behind my desire to get 3D.

What are my options?
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: What are my options?

Post by cybereality »

There is the Zalman Trimon 3D monitor which should be available in the UK. Thats what I have and its a pretty good solution. It works with the Nvidia driver so it supports a lot of games. It is also relatively ghost-free and has a clear image. If you can get the 120Hz+3D vision bundle I would probably go with that, but if you can't the Zalman screen is comparable in quality from what I understand. Its not cheap though, goes for around $700+.

For less money you can get an iz3d monitor for around $400 and its supposed to be very nice. Probably the better buy.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”