Tri-def ddd VS. Nvidia 3d vision

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
PresidentKush
One Eyed Hopeful

Tri-def ddd VS. Nvidia 3d vision

Post by PresidentKush »

UPDATE..... Ok so same question (the title) which i never really got a clear answer on. and believe it or not, didn't find much when doing a search.

where does everyone stand? tri deff or nvidia? I was going to get an led dlp tv, but they were gone when i had money, so ended up getting a LG lcd tv (non led, non 3d) :(

But now, I will be doing a computer (workstation) build hopefully sometime soon before next semester starts. It will use the nvida quadro4000 GPU which has 3d vision pro. I was originally planning on just using the nvidia 3d vision pro, but I really want to get the new samsung 9 series monitor http://www.advancedtechnologykorea.com/?p=1142, that thing is bad ass. of course gotta be the 27" too 8-). However, i just saw an article that said that neither that monitor nor the hdtv version of it will support nvidia 3d vision.... only tridef :x.

I also saw somewhere someone was talking about still being able to use nvidia 3d vision on it as long as something was greater than 100Mhz... which didn't make any sense to me, since i thought you need 120mhz refresh rate, at least in order to get a flicker free image. anyone know anything about that?

IMO I've always like samsung the most for tvs/monitors. their dlp's blew the competition out of the water. and i don't have an LED display yet, but from what i've seen so far the same holds true for those.

on another note... anyone have any idea on when we can expect a 1080P 3d projector for a reasonable price (2-4 g's) rather than the 10-15k range they're at now?
Last edited by PresidentKush on Wed May 25, 2011 8:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Killigath
Cross Eyed!

Re: Tri-def ddd VS. Nvidia geforce 3d vision

Post by Killigath »

I originally had the Tridef kit on a 61" Samsung. I still use the glasses and kit occasionally, however the software is sub-par IMO.

Are you looking to play games or watch movies? If movies, I'm afraid you will be disappointed. There are not many titles out there in 3D right now, but the list is slowly growing. If you are looking to game. I recommend you pay $50 and get the IZ3D DLP driver. IZ3D is by far the best driver on the market for ease of use and overall quality, not to mention good tech support. I have no experience with the new Nvidia glasses/software to compare.

Gaming on a DLP with shutter glasses(IZ3D or Tridef) is ghost free. However, the checkerboard pattern does cause me some eyestrain. I can play for about an hour at a time then I have to stop and rest my eyes for a few minutes. Everyone is effected differently so it may not occur with you.
PresidentKush
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Tri-def ddd VS. Nvidia 3d vision

Post by PresidentKush »

bump.... UPDATE, edited OP
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

DDD makes a good driver. I also like Nvidia's. If I had to choose just one, I would go with Nvidia, however some games are indeed better on DDD. The effect is also different in some ways. I think Nvidia can go way further with the effect (depth), but DDD gives an overall more comfortable experience. Certain games work better than others.

1080P 3D projection for reasonable price? Maybe 2 years, I don't know.
Neil

Post by Neil »

PresidentKush, it would be helpful if you defined better and what you are looking for exactly.

Check out the MTBS game reviews to get a taste of 3D game compatibility, etc. If you have the means and the hardware supports it, I would recommend buying more than one driver solution to cover your bases.

Regards,
Neil
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

You can also test all the drivers for free in anaglyph mode before you make a purchase. I can send you the glasses for free, and it will work with any monitor you have. Just send me a PM with you mailing address and I can send the glasses.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”