NVidia bring back 3DVision!

costiq
Two Eyed Hopeful

NVidia bring back 3DVision!

Post by costiq »

NVidia has recently released a beta version of a new app.

Maybe it's a good time to try and convince them to bring back 3DVision?

I did my part and added my (feeble) voice to their feedback page:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... e-request/

If there are people here still enjoying 3D gaming, please add your voice too.

Thanks.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: NVidia bring back 3DVision!

Post by 3DNovice »

Well it would be nice if they brought back the dx11 path.

But I'm fairly certain that no one really wants Nvidia involved in any solution going forward.

Let us never forget that they never truly cared about us as a community that exclusively relied on Nvidia GPUs.

The future should support Intel, AMD and any other GPU makers, to give users the freedom of choice, if possible.

Also let us not forget that Nvidia never supported Side by Side as requested by soooo many. 3DTV Play was restricted to monitors over 32 inches,
so that displays like Sony's PS3 3D monitor or Samsung's S23A700D and S27A950D could not be used. They even went as far as removing
Generic CRT for awhile, because users were accessing it to get the S27A950D working. I think this was partially because Samsung quit
making Nvidia certified monitors and instead opted to include Tri-Def licensing.

I could go on and on about the many shortcomings of Nvidia's offerings that made the experience un-enjoyable. Not the end result, the end result
is worth it, once you overcome the artificial roadbloads and hurdles Nvidia put in place. Unlike Tri-Def, that supported All formats, resolutions and refresh rates.

How many..... people begged Nvidia to increase the 24Hz limitation of 3DTV Play. There's no excuse for them not doing so..instead the gave the middle
finger to all of US.

On multiple occasions..., Nvidia extended their middle finger vs extending a helping hand.

lol@ having to enable the advance keyboard shortcuts. WTF, this should have been enabled by default from the inception of 3D Vision. How many of us asked them to change this, over the years. All we got was a finger

Time and Time Again, we got the Finger

We did get some minor help from sympathetic employees that could help with some minor quality of life changes and I am truly grateful for their help, but
anything elevated up the chain was met with denial.

To this day, their crappy decisions plague us. While Nvidia's stereoscopic drivers were fantastic, with fixed games, developers, seldom offered 3D ready Games.
Had Nvidia offered any refresh rate, resolution and format like TriDef, I would be happy to see them involved again.

But a certain finger of mine is pointed back at them, for how they handled everything, as well as the way the treated us.

Let's not forget the 3-Core CPU bug, did we get a solution.... Nope
We got a Middle Finger
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

on the old forums...

List of 3D Vision problems by bo3b
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... -problems/

Switch to "oldest" using the "sorted by" setting

better to view using the forum rip, if you have it
'
But yah, Nvidia cared very little about us, even though some incredible stuff had been achieved within the community to fix shaders in games
costiq
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by costiq »

My bad, 3DNovice. I keep forgetting that we live in a dystopia...
Luckily, for now, dreaming is still allowed...
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

costiq wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:09 am Luckily, for now, dreaming is still allowed...

Are you still dreaming about this as well....

https://web.archive.org/web/20170204054 ... ity-gaming
NVIDIA Maxwell GPUs: The Best Graphics Cards For Virtual Reality Gaming

Before VR there were a number of 3D technologies, such as our own 3D Vision. Fundamentally, the rendering technologies of 3D Vision and VR are extremely similar: 2 slightly different images displayed in such a way to create a 3D dimensional effect. Realizing this, we have developed Auto Stereo, which will convert 3D Vision-compatible games into VR experiences, with mouse and keyboard commands mapped to VR inputs like head movement, similar to Gamepad Mapper on NVIDIA SHIELD devices, which maps touch and motion inputs to physical controls. Auto Stereo will be delivered automatically through GeForce Experience.
bearkoolboy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bearkoolboy »

I like left and right 3D, but I don't like the feeling of using VR and it requires a certain amount of space. The visuals portrayed by 3D Vision, while playing 3D games with XBOX, make me even more joyful.
3dteevee2022
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3dteevee2022 »

You don't need Nvidia anymore for 3D and probably should avoid hardware specific cards for 3D. I have an old 3D Vision setup, but I'm thinking of buying a glasses free 3D monitor instead. The 15" one is okay, but small. The 27" is perfect, but it's 3K so maybe a price drop because that's way too much for me. Those monitors aren't tied to any specific card so you can always upgrade your card and keep the same monitor which is a better solution in the very long run.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”