NWN 1

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
Znith
Cross Eyed!

NWN 1

Post by Znith »

I remember trying to play NWN 1 way back when the text was off the screen and the HUD wasn't displaying correctly. That is remedied now.... however everything is not so good, for me at least.

The game renders quite well in S-3D, I can move in and out of areas, chat it up with npc's but when I go into a fight I crash with the dreaded nvoglnt.dll error. I get this crash only while in S-3D and only when (any) enemies weapon hits me or I try to hit an enemy. I've tried most of the non S-3D fixes for this ogl error that I found on the official message boards but nothing works. The game plays perfectly fine without stereo mode. I've tried both 1.67 and 1.68 versions of NWN1 to no avail.

Anybody have any suggestions?

XP SP2 w/up-to-date patches
91.31 Forceware and Stereo drivers
P4 2.8
2 gig crucial ram
GF 6800
X3D shutter glasses
50lb 19"crt monitor :)

(Impatiently waiting for 8800 drivers so I can build my new rig.)
falcon96
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by falcon96 »

I also got the same problem when i tryed to play Newer Winter Nigths 1
with the 91.31 drivers when they came out. Have you tryed any newer drivers?
I havn?t the game installed on my compueter at the moment, but if I get the time I can make a test with 97.94 drivers to night.
This is an old game so if there is any inprovment in the newer driver it?s only by luck. I doubt Nvidia is locking for stereobuggs in a game from 2002.
Cheers
falcon96
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by falcon96 »

good news :lol:
It?s working now with the 93.71 stereodrivers and 97.94 forcewhere drivers (modified to get the classic control panel-see the "97.94 NVIDIA 8800 Series Stereo Driver Thread" in this forum to get more info)
I also noticed some performence loss now , had to set down quality to medium even on my system, every thing else seems to work fine.

XP/SP 2
P4 3,2 Ghz
3 gig ram
GF 7950 GT
Ed-Glasses
Acer PD523 Projector
Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

Thanks Falcon96, I did get it working now. Yeah the performance loss is pretty bad for me. I had everything turned all the way up with the 91 drivers now I've got everything on med/low. Oh well at least it works now :)
Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

Well oddly enough I was only able to play through 1 session using the 93.71 drivers. and now I get the same nvoglnt error as with the 91 drivers. I think I'm going crazy heh :shock:

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”