E-Dimensional 3-D glasses won't shutter in Vista 64

Arzus
One Eyed Hopeful

E-Dimensional 3-D glasses won't shutter in Vista 64

Post by Arzus »

I haven't used the iz3D drivers in XP yet but in Vista 64 the drivers separate the images in games but won't make the Glasses shutter. Any help?
anotherFrench
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: E-Dimensional 3-D glasses won't shutter in Vista 64

Post by anotherFrench »

Hi Arzus,
did you try the E-D Activator from this page?
http://www.edimensional.com/support_updates.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don't know if it works under vista 64 but you'll need it to turn on the glasses
http://tls3d.fr le site de Toute La Stéréo 3D
Arzus
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Arzus »

Hmmm yeah I just installed the ed activator but it won't work with most games correctly except crysis, and the iz3d won't work with crysis lol. So I guess I am stuck...
anotherFrench
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by anotherFrench »

the activator has nothing to do with games working or not in 3D, it's just supposed to initiate the shuters so you have to use it conjointly with IZ3D or whatever 3d drivers you might use.
just don't try to start it during game with the shortcut, you have to activate the glasses in the activator before you start the game.

ps:
you have to set the right mode in the activator's option,
interleaved if you use IZ3D in interlaced mode (less image quality but work best)
page flip if you use the mode shuters in IZ3D (best image but some problemes with the drivers)
http://tls3d.fr le site de Toute La Stéréo 3D
FordRacer888
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by FordRacer888 »

I've actually found that the glasses won't activate correctly unless the desktop font size is at the default 100%. (I use win7 with my DLP projector and ED wired glasses). For some reason, my preferred setting of Largest (150%) prevents the glasses from activating, even using the ED activator. It's really getting to be a PITA to have to constantly switch all the time. (BTW I don't always use the projector with the comp, I also use it on my Plasma and need the larger font size to be able to easily read the text.)
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

take a screenshot.

OK, this is awkward but maybe you can figure out a more convenient way to use the idea.

The idea is to get a screenshot of your desktop just when you're triggering the glasses. Get one shot during the enabling and another screenshot when disabling. The dongle gets triggered from the lines on the top of the screen. Switch to your normal desktop settings and look at the "enabling" screenshot in fullscreen. It should turn on your glasses. If it doesn't, then you need to rescale the lines to be the right width. Use trial and error. Do the same for the "disabling" screenshot. Then all that's left is to come up with some convenient way to get those lines on the top of the screen temporarily. Maybe make a 1-second fullscreen video of each. You may want to make different screenshots for all the different modes: interleaved, reverse-interleaved, page-flipping, over/under but I think you probably just want to do only the modes you need. I think the "off" line pattern is the same for all modes. I don't think I need to tell you that you can just "paste" the screenshots into Paint after you use the Printscreen key to get the screenshots. It seems the lines are not normally triggering the device because they got too thin or something. I would be surprised if this doesn't work but things seem strange here so I guess there's a possibility that it won't. Tell us if it works.

--- iondrive ---

PS: try blue-line-code shutterglass mode with the iZ3D driver. It puts triggering lines on the bottom of the screen instead of the top (don't use ED-Activator at all in this case) plus it's better for syncing. You might be able to get used to it if you play in the dark although there's a chance it might not work for you. You're using iZ3D driver version 1.10, right? If you're using a 1.11b version, then you might need to include <ShutterRefreshRate Value="60"/> in your Config.xml file under "Global Settings".
Zerofool
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zerofool »

FordRacer888 wrote:I've actually found that the glasses won't activate correctly unless the desktop font size is at the default 100%. (I use win7 with my DLP projector and ED wired glasses). For some reason, my preferred setting of Largest (150%) prevents the glasses from activating, even using the ED activator. It's really getting to be a PITA to have to constantly switch all the time. (BTW I don't always use the projector with the comp, I also use it on my Plasma and need the larger font size to be able to easily read the text.)
Did you try to open the properties for the Activator shortcut/file and under the Compatibility tab to enable "Disable display scaling on high DPI setting"? As far as I know it rarely works as it should, but it doesn't hurt to try it ;). Otherwise the advice iondrive gave you should do the trick.
One additional note - the game and desktop resolutions should be the same (especially in interleaved and over/under modes ;)).
Good luck
nV 3DTV Play, Geo-11, Tridef on 2014 55" Samsung H7000 (aka H7150) @ 1080p60 Checkerboard-3D | Valve Index | RTX 2080Ti, i7-6700K, 32GB 3200CL14, 1+2TB SSDs | Win10 v2004 | DAN A4-SFX | G27
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

... you guys should definately try hacking the sony shutters, it might have 10x better contrast, and with CRT monitors ,it does count, a crystal eyes shutter for 100 eur is a joke.
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”