dx10 Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition

Innuendo1231
Two Eyed Hopeful

dx10 Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition

Post by Innuendo1231 »

Hello everyone!

Just the other day I wanted to get back into playing devil may cry 4 special edition and I realized that dx10 is the one (aside of dx12...) that just has no good solution right now.

Dx9 still works with the latest nvidia drivers and the last 3d vision driver. Dx11 has geo-11 and it works wonderfully with everything I tried it with, just substituting the dll's of the former 3dvision type 3dmigoto fixes, getting much better performance too.

But dx10 ? It wont work with geo11 or 3dvision. It didn't even work with driver version 452 that the 3D fix manager installs. I tried to install version 425 but it won't install anymore on the current windows 10 revision. Then I managed to install version 442 and carry out the win 1903+ driver hack, and finally the game was able to start in 3D.
While that was a big relief, it's not reallly an ideal solution haveong to go back to such an old driver, with newer cards it would ust be impossible. I'm sure geo11 would provide better performance too.

Is there a chance that geo 11 could be adapted to work with dx10 ?
I know that there's no big market for this black sheep of directx's, but Devil May Cry 4 SE is one of the greatest action games ever made. I think it deserves the love and attention to have a proper stereoscopic fix.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: dx10 Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition

Post by 3DNovice »

FWIW
CM works on dx10
3DMigoto has an experimental dx10 release
Flugan had some type of dx10 wrapper with limited support
DGVooDoo can wrap dx10 to 11 or 12
If DXVK works with it, that could also be a route to a working solution

https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/releases
Innuendo1231
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Innuendo1231 »

I know about the experimental dx10 3dmigoto release but 3dmigoto is useless without a working 3d vision driver, whereas geo-11 doesn't need one. The same applies to flugan's wrapper.
As far as I can see dgvoodoo only wraps from up to dx9.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Yah, my bad. I assumed dgVoodoo 2 had dx10 support.

There is another wrapper that might wrap it, I've never used it. Disclaimer: Use at your own risk
https://github.com/elishacloud/dxwrapper

I have the older version of DMC 4 and wasn't aware that the Special Edition was exclusively dx10. Looking at
Steam forums, DXVK seems to load and function with DMC 4 SE. Though I'm not fully certain that DXVK plays
nice with VK3DVision.

Perhaps PM Masterotaku and ask him if an updated fix is on his to do list.

BTW, Netflix announced a DMC series a few weeks ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJhdh18Dqf8 Devil May Cry | Exclusive Trailer | Netflix
Innuendo1231
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Innuendo1231 »

3DNovice wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:08 amPerhaps PM Masterotaku and ask him if an updated fix is on his to do list.
I can do that? I didn't know. Sounds like a power move :)

Unfortunately none of the opengl3dvison or vk3dvison fixes work for me. It seems they use emulation layers that rellay lower performance, and they don't have a line interleaved output mode nor 3dmigoto's upscale feature either. I have a 4k passive tv so i would need both of those....

Is MasterOtaku still active ?
It seems to me that the heores of the 3D scene are disappearing into oblivion lately...
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Innuendo1231 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:29 pm
3DNovice wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:08 amPerhaps PM Masterotaku and ask him if an updated fix is on his to do list.
I can do that? I didn't know. Sounds like a power move :)
DMC4SE is practically the only DX10 game I care about. For DX10 games, other than Flugan's thing (which is frame sequential and doesn't work on 3D Vision monitors), there's nothing except that super buggy version of 3Dmigoto that I already used for the DMC4SE fix. Which can't work for the drivers that Nvidia 3000 and 4000 series need.
So I can't do anything about it.
Innuendo1231 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:29 pm Is MasterOtaku still active ?
I guess you haven't checked the blog these days :p.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Well the thing is, he stated he has re-fixed quite a few of his games to be Geo-11 compatible.
Unfortunately, he did not provide a list or mention priorities for them.
Being that this is in-compatible with Geo-11, it might not be on his list.

If that other wrapper works to dx11, then I would think he'd look at it.

Or maybe even Vulkan could work, Dunno. I'm not sure of how widely compatible the wrapper from Helifax is,
but Masterotaku has made several VK3DVision fixes.

As far as Geo-11 being updated to include dx10, my guess is that it wouldn't be. While there are a few dx10 exclusive games,
this is the only one I know of that was fixed.

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/List_ ... D_10_games

Edit: looks like you got an answer of sorts, he would like to add it to the list.
Try that dx10 wrapper and see if it wraps to dx11. If it wraps to dx12, then it's a no go.
Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

3DNovice wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:07 pm Unfortunately, he did not provide a list or mention priorities for them.
I mentioned lists a few times... on discord.
But in any case, by the end of next week, everything that I have completed since March will be on the blog. With some fully new fixes too :).
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Windows also has that DXCpl thing, I think it runs emulation layers in reverse, so dx10 would become dx9? Dunno, never used it
https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/ ... -settings/

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”