Mitsu DLP 3D Help needed, please!

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
SpeedAddiction
One Eyed Hopeful

Mitsu DLP 3D Help needed, please!

Post by SpeedAddiction »

Hi Everyone -

I'm new to the forum and have been reading as much as I can lately but have been running into an issue. The issue is I see no 3D.

The setup I am using is below.

Windows Vista Ultimate 64
4 gigs of RAM
3 ghz processor
ATI Radeon 4670 with HDMI output (HDMI from video card to any of 3 HDMI on the TV)
Mitsubishi 3D Ready 60735
iZ3D software drivers for Radeon cards. Tried 1.09 and 1.10.

I have tried playing 3D in

Windows Media Player – Doesn’t Work.
Stereoscopic Player – Set to DLP 3D – Doesn’t work.
iZ3D Windows Media Player – Set to DLP 3D – Doesn’t work.
PowerDVD – Doesn’t Work
TV obviously set to 3D mode – tried both Standard and Reverse modes
HDMI on TV is labeled PC. Tried all 3 HDMI ports on the TV
3D DLP Shutter Glasses from http://razor3d.stores.yahoo.net/dlp3d-w ... -2set.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When set to 3D I can see what looks to be a checkerboard image while having the glasses on seeming like they are not sync’ing correctly or something can easily not be set correctly. I haven’t even tried playing a game yet since watching a movie in 3D should be the simplest thing to get working first. I’ve tried interlaced with the Left first and Right first. I’ve tried side by side, anaglyph and a whole list of others.

Any help is greatly appreciated! If I have left anything out that you might need to know just let me know and I will post up the information.
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Mitsu DLP 3D Help needed, please!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, SpeedAddiction!

You listed different movie players below - did you try to watch movie or play games? Our driver (iZ3D) is good to play game, but not related with movies playing
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

What content are you trying to view? Is it a native stereo file like the ones from Peter Wimmers site? With his player you have to select the correct input format as well as DLP3D as the output. Grab some side by side images from the galleries here and try it with his player...

The issue you mentioned makes it sound like the HDTV isn't actually changing to 3D mode...
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
SpeedAddiction
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by SpeedAddiction »

Thanks for the quick replies.

What is the correct input that needs to be selected? Initially I am trying to view 3D demo discs that came with the glasses along with 3D DVD movies that came with them. Nothing works.

Also just to make sure if I do download some images to view what input setting do those need to be on?

I have not tried any games yet although I may install one since now my TV might be in question.

I'm afraid of it actually being the TV that is not switching although it does appear to switch the image.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

I would try the simple stuff first to make sure you don't have an issue with your TV. Use peter wimmers viewer, grab some of the side by side images listed in the gallery, set input format to side by side Left first, then select DLP3D as the output. It should work as long as you are in 3D mode. Your resolution should be set to 1920 x 1080 as well.
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
SpeedAddiction
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by SpeedAddiction »

It worked! I'm so happy that it didn't turn out to be a problem with my TV. Thanks for the help.

Also a question for you Pixel67.

Is the Tridef software a worthwhile purchase when buying it to mainly watch movies and then use the iZ3D drivers when playing games? Which I'm assuming is your setup.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”