Rise of the Tomb Raider geo-11

theadzter
One Eyed Hopeful

Rise of the Tomb Raider geo-11

Post by theadzter »

Hey guys.

Just wondering if anyone has tried running ROTTR in Geo-11 successfully.
It's the only game I currently have that isn't working for me.
I get a red error message (text) and only the left eye renders. (right eye solid black)
It's a tiny bit more involved this one. You have to use an old version of the game, plus remove the profile in NVI and import one as well as apply the fix.
I actually have it running fine using the game's inbuilt SBS mode. But supposedly the one done by the 3DVfix team was superior to the official 3d support, and I wanted to check it out.
Thought I'd see if it was working no prob for others and I just messed up somewhere.
Cheers!
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider geo-11

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
theadzter
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by theadzter »

Thanks... (also for the sarcasm/passive aggression)

I wouldn't just default to assuming people don't forum search etc.
I did... for ROTTR & GEO 11, and couldn't find anything.

I rolled back my game to the appropriate version. Deleted the NVI profile and replaced it. Copied the (what I believe were) all the appropriate files in the directory with the correct changes (that have been working thus far)
Then I got a black eye. Strange...
So I double checked people's comments at Helix Mod, and came here and searched for 'Rise of the Tomb Raider'.
I haven't had a 'black eye' problem yet with GEO-11, so I didn't even know that it was a common/generic thing to be searching for. I defaulted to thinking it was a ROTTR problem.
Also... the error message mentions 'conflicting shaders'. So I do a search for that. But, nothing.
You likely know this stuff back to front, and know exactly where to look and what for.
Some of us truly are novices.
Eg. Honestly... looking at that thread list I'm unsure which one(s) relate to the problem. This is what I, as a layman, see.

It's not a dx9 game, and I'm not using Helixvision.
It's not a Lego game. So I can't use the Lego fix, surely.
It's not an Unreal engine game.
It's not a vulkan game.

So I'm still in the dark as to what in there relates to ROTTR.
But thanks again for your help.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

theadzter
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by theadzter »

The 'do not help list'? Oh no! How will we go on?

Dude. There's an apparent pattern forming here with your 'help'. Check yourself. YOU'RE the aggressor.

There is ZERO in my initial post that warranted your unnecessary dig.
As i stated above, I did try to find out the info on my own.
But either way, the fact that some dude on the internet with an inflated sense of self-importance felt my efforts didn't meet his standard seriously doesn't interest me one little bit.
Perhaps if it irks you so much that people at times can't solve issues they're having, and then come here to ask for help, then just do everyone a favor & stay out of the conversation.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

b4thman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by b4thman »

Last edited by b4thman on Fri May 26, 2023 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 2080 (no TI), 32 Gb RAM, Windows 21H1, Monitor Dell S2716DG, Nvidia 425.31 driver
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
theadzter
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by theadzter »

Thank you for checking that out.

I was on build 610.1 also.

For those that want to play in 3d on a VR headset, the native version still works. But you have to roll back to build 813 (only if you are using WMR, I believe) or some 3d elements are broken.
Jose3DVision
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jose3DVision »

I play it in 3D still with the Build 770.1 and old patch of the game to me it goes perfect with an i9 12900K and a RTX 2080Ti.
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UnityBeing »

UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UnityBeing »

working 101%, fixed, I hacked workaround it. Enjoy!!!!! 4070ti tuf oc here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

UnityBeing wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:56 am working 101%, fixed, I hacked workaround it. Enjoy!!!!! 4070ti tuf oc here.
Great HACK indeed using Masterotakus fix, set Full_screen = 2 in d3dx.ini, copy rlsmode.ini from a DJ_RK fix into ShaderFixes but not include it so its useless (PS: it on top would be useless since this is a very short cut off from the d3dx.ini used by DJ_RK in some fixes to qick to standard settings there done in d3dx.ini), add nvidia inspector that ofc do nothing, add some screenshot for show how to start game without epic overlay and copy a mix from different geo11 versions t ogether. Amazing work, all done by your own, respect for this HACK! Your really a hacker, i cant beleve it!

But however you call your work there should be rules to follow like to link the original fix or add credits for all the work done by others, including daves geo11, masterotakus fix etc.

The right way to present your work would be something like this:

Code: Select all

Hi guys, I have found a way to start the game XY with Nvidia Series 40 cards in 3D:

1. Get the original fix by XY from the original fix post: LINK
2. Copy in attached files from Daves GEO11 to the game exe folder. I found that file XY from version XY working in combination with file XY from version XY for this game.
3. open ini file XY and change XY to XY, save the file

Credits goes out to XY and XY for XY.

Thats it, enjoy!
DerBlob
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DerBlob »

Hallo Losti,

Ich denke einfach nur dass dieser Mensch Psychisch Krank ist.
Es fing doch schon damit an dass er irgendwas von seinem Erbe und seiner Investition in Kabel geschrieben hat.

Mir Persönlich tut der Mensch einfach nur Leid.
Wer weiß was wahr ist und was ihn dazu brachte so zu sein, und ob er früher anders war.

Ich weiß es ist schwer zu unterscheiden ob man jemandem etwas vorwirft zwischen Gesunden und Kranken Menschen.
Und wo man jetzt seinen Persönlichen Strich zieht indem man jemanden Persönlich angreift, was diese Person offensichtlich nicht versteht, da dieser ja genau so mit dreck wirft.

Deswegen sag ich Ja zu deiner Entscheidung zu sagen ich habe hier eine Lizens "pass auf"
Aber denke mir dass dieser Mensch einfach nicht in der Lage ist dieses zu differenzieren.

Thats my 2cent

PS: I knabbere ja auch an mir, da ich manchmal im discord war ( NICHT NÜCHTERN) und Masterotaku geschrieben habe dass ich sobald ich Geld bekomme ihn mit nicht wenig Geld unterstützen möchte.
Ausser dass ich immer wieder betrunken bin hat, sich an meiner Situation nichts geändert.
Manchmal denke ich dass ich Geld habe, und bevor die dritte Woche im Monat da ist, stehe ich schon wieder im Minus.

Aber es kommt, auch wenn es dann Gefühlt zu spät sein wird.

Google Translate:

Hello Losti,

I just think that this person is mentally ill.
It started when he wrote something about his inheritance and his investment in cable.

Personally, I just feel sorry for the person.
Who knows what is true and what made him be this way and whether he used to be different.

I know it's hard to differentiate between healthy people and sick people when accusing someone of something.
And where you now draw your personal line by attacking someone personally, which this person obviously doesn't understand because they throw dirt in exactly the same way.

That's why I say yes to your decision to say I have a license here "be careful"
But I think that this person is simply not able to differentiate.

That's my 2 cents
PS: I'm also picking on myself because I was sometimes in the discord (NOT SOBER) and wrote to Masterotaku that as soon as I get money I would like to support him with a "lot" of money.
Apart from the fact that I keep getting drunk, nothing has changed in my situation.
Sometimes I think I have money and before the third week of the month arrives I'm already in the red again.

But it's coming, even if it feels like it's too late.
I was always the type of person who arrived late to a party but was able to save it with my charm...
D:

PPS:
I can only say that I personally lost my father 6 years ago and my beloved mother two years ago.
I previously gave up my job of 20 years as a dental technician for health reasons. And everything happened so fast that when I'm drunk I completely lose my mind.

That's why I sometimes like to put things into perspective.
Nobody knows how fragile consciousness is.
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UnityBeing »

DerBlob wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:37 pm Hallo Losti,

Ich denke einfach nur dass dieser Mensch Psychisch Krank ist.
Es fing doch schon damit an dass er irgendwas von seinem Erbe und seiner Investition in Kabel geschrieben hat.

Mir Persönlich tut der Mensch einfach nur Leid.
Wer weiß was wahr ist und was ihn dazu brachte so zu sein, und ob er früher anders war.

Ich weiß es ist schwer zu unterscheiden ob man jemandem etwas vorwirft zwischen Gesunden und Kranken Menschen.
Und wo man jetzt seinen Persönlichen Strich zieht indem man jemanden Persönlich angreift, was diese Person offensichtlich nicht versteht, da dieser ja genau so mit dreck wirft.

Deswegen sag ich Ja zu deiner Entscheidung zu sagen ich habe hier eine Lizens "pass auf"
Aber denke mir dass dieser Mensch einfach nicht in der Lage ist dieses zu differenzieren.

Thats my 2cent

PS: I knabbere ja auch an mir, da ich manchmal im discord war ( NICHT NÜCHTERN) und Masterotaku geschrieben habe dass ich sobald ich Geld bekomme ihn mit nicht wenig Geld unterstützen möchte.
Ausser dass ich immer wieder betrunken bin hat, sich an meiner Situation nichts geändert.
Manchmal denke ich dass ich Geld habe, und bevor die dritte Woche im Monat da ist, stehe ich schon wieder im Minus.

Aber es kommt, auch wenn es dann Gefühlt zu spät sein wird.

Google Translate:

Hello Losti,

I just think that this person is mentally ill.
It started when he wrote something about his inheritance and his investment in cable.

Personally, I just feel sorry for the person.
Who knows what is true and what made him be this way and whether he used to be different.

I know it's hard to differentiate between healthy people and sick people when accusing someone of something.
And where you now draw your personal line by attacking someone personally, which this person obviously doesn't understand because they throw dirt in exactly the same way.

That's why I say yes to your decision to say I have a license here "be careful"
But I think that this person is simply not able to differentiate.

That's my 2 cents
PS: I'm also picking on myself because I was sometimes in the discord (NOT SOBER) and wrote to Masterotaku that as soon as I get money I would like to support him with a "lot" of money.
Apart from the fact that I keep getting drunk, nothing has changed in my situation.
Sometimes I think I have money and before the third week of the month arrives I'm already in the red again.

But it's coming, even if it feels like it's too late.
I was always the type of person who arrived late to a party but was able to save it with my charm...
D:

PPS:
I can only say that I personally lost my father 6 years ago and my beloved mother two years ago.
I previously gave up my job of 20 years as a dental technician for health reasons. And everything happened so fast that when I'm drunk I completely lose my mind.

That's why I sometimes like to put things into perspective.
Nobody knows how fragile consciousness is.
You are correct, Sir, I am mentally medicated fully. I apologise any harm done, all I wanted was to share working 3DV fixes and shaderhacker fixes with old geo11. I also got permission to share the helixmod database. I don't see any harm in this unless there is something sinister here. I stopped posting Losti's fixes with solutions. But the database with his fixes is part of Helixmod and Helix during his time there. I can remove the database is that secures his job - I don't care. I just want to share with the community a way of staying with 3DV as long as possible then hoarding it all to myself.

I lost both my parents too and got dental problems. I'm medicated for political reasons thought - I did brain scan, I did patent, I got proof and can post it here.

Stay strong and Godspeed. I will try to calm down with Losti and people - I know people depend on certain conditions, I guess there is nothing more I can do.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”