Dragon Age Inquisition Geo-11

DerBlob
One Eyed Hopeful

Dragon Age Inquisition Geo-11

Post by DerBlob »

Just wanted to say that DA:I works perfectly good with Geo-11.
No tweaks are needed with Geo-11 like with the old fix described on the helixmod page.
The only issue left is that MSAA doesnt work (at least for me it CTD) and the Loading times are "long" around 2 min into the Main Menu and 3-4 min into game from there. it looks like it gets stuck in the middle and after a while it continue to load.

But no performance,stability or graphical issues.

I know its an old game but it looks stunning in 3D with all the Magic effects^^

I think a lot of peopel have this game because it was a give away from Amazon Prime (i think)

I never played a Dragon Age game bevor but this one is really good.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Geo-11

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DerBlob
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DerBlob »

Hey man thx for the advices.
Today i installed the game from my external SSD (really fast one and never had issues) to my internal SSD drive and the long loading times get fixed. I wanted to edit it but you where faster ;)

For the Fix i think i downloaded it through the 3DFM. Is this one the newer? I thought those fixes are the same as on the Helixmod page.
But as long as it dont give me issues i stick with this one. Anyway good to know if something dont work theres another one i can try.

PS:
What do you mean by "fidelity" mods?

But i think for now im really happy with the Original Game as it is.
Normaly im one of those who mod every Game to my pleasure, but this one looks and feels good as it is.
Its like a combination fo Mass Effect Andromeda, God of War and Baldurs Gate 3...and i enjoy it because it ISNT a Hardcore RPG.
OK i think a lot of Dragon Age Fans hate me for this, but i have a lot of Hardcore RPGs and this one is the easy listening in Games :? :lol:
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DerBlob
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DerBlob »

Thanks for the explanations.
But i thought maybe you were thinking of some special mod/s, sorry for the wrong choice of words. English isnt my best :P
I use Nexusmods a lot maybe when im getting bored of some textures i will use some mods.
And yes i have Reshade installed.
Gameplay wise im about 5-6 hours in and i feel the Game is easy enough to not mod it even more easyer.

Like i sayed in other Games or like Skyrim i have 100 Mods+ and mostly graphics mods.
Only if there is something really disturbing, but at this stage the game plays quiet nice.
Even the HUD feels OK in this game. In most Games i would disable most of HUD elements (or stupid things like wallhacking or outlining) via migoto shader hunting.

BTW:
I have a quite nice trick when Games have a massive Crosshair or when the depth is not high enough what i really hate.
Then i disable the Original and use Reshade.
There is a Crosshair Shader for Reshade (dot and/or cross) and then i doubled the shader by renaming one crosshair 1 and the other crosshair 2. And then simply put the Corsshair on the left side of the screen and the other on the right side.
I like the dot one because you can make it a high depth and if it to close to a wall or enemy its not that bad when its getting doubled, i dont know if i explain it right.
Works naturally only in sbs or tb.
Which would be really cool if reshade had a crosshair shader based on the z-buffer.

Whatever to much offtopic.
jiznuts
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jiznuts »

Any chance you could share which fix you used and how you got it to work with geo11? For me it just crashes on launch with a directx function error.

DerBlob wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:34 pm Just wanted to say that DA:I works perfectly good with Geo-11.
No tweaks are needed with Geo-11 like with the old fix described on the helixmod page.
The only issue left is that MSAA doesnt work (at least for me it CTD) and the Loading times are "long" around 2 min into the Main Menu and 3-4 min into game from there. it looks like it gets stuck in the middle and after a while it continue to load.

But no performance,stability or graphical issues.

I know its an old game but it looks stunning in 3D with all the Magic effects^^

I think a lot of peopel have this game because it was a give away from Amazon Prime (i think)

I never played a Dragon Age game bevor but this one is really good.
DerBlob
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DerBlob »

jiznuts wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:03 pm Any chance you could share which fix you used and how you got it to work with geo11? For me it just crashes on launch with a directx function error.
Of course I can
i will PM you. ;)
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DerBlob
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DerBlob »

3DNovice wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:33 pm If Derblob is using something else, please "do tell", is there a reason for PMing vs sharing information openly with the world users?
I just dont know how it is with uploading Geo-11 with the fixes on other sides...
On this side i can not upload ~70MB...
Thats why i wrote him a PM
And yes i wrote him a lot of Stuff that dont belong to the fix and so on.
But ok i share what i wrote to him and hope theres nothing wrong with what i did.

I have uploaded the fix for you.
As I said, I play in SBS, which is why I added my reshade because I set my crosshair there.
So if there is an disable Crosshair Option in DAO disable it...i dont have the Game on my Harddrive so i dont know why i use my Crosshair but i think there is an Option for it...

I also included my save folder for you.
The ProfileOptions_profile contains my settings which you should adopt except for:

GstAudio.TextLanguage -1
GstAudio.VoiceOverLanguage -1

Because I don't play in English.

I play in a 16:9 custom resolution that I created in the Nvidia control panel.
In the "Fix" folder there is a file called "imgui.ini" where my resolution is in it. I think it also belongs to Geo-11 ?!?
That's why you should enter your resolution there or create a custom resolution with 2688x1512 (16:9).

So if you also play on a TV, I would first create a custom resolution with exactly 2688x1512 @ 60Hz progressive (and use this in the game).
Then start the game without Geo-11 until you save for the first time.
Then copy my settings and exchange them with yours except for the language.
Then put the fix plus reshade in the games folder and I hope it works.

As I said, I initially had quite long loading times.

Hope I could help you.

Here´s the FIx:
https://www.file-upload.net/download-15 ... x.rar.html

EDIT: Driver Version 536.23 with Windows 10

And if someone uses my Settings change GstRender.FullscreenRefreshRate 30.000000 to 60.000000 because i use Motion Interpulation on my TV and 30FPS looks like 60FPS
And thats just fine for most third Person Games and my PC didnt have to work that hard ;)
Last edited by DerBlob on Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”