The Witcher 3 y Kena Bridge Of Spirits are broken in 3D. They used to work perfectly! now they don't!

Jose3DVision
Two Eyed Hopeful

The Witcher 3 y Kena Bridge Of Spirits are broken in 3D. They used to work perfectly! now they don't!

Post by Jose3DVision »

Hi, I'm a guy from Barcelona, I'm a 3D enthusiast with Nvidia3DVision. I play on a PG278QR with an Asus Rog Strix RTX 2080Ti most 3D games.
But since a month or so I have been broken 2 3D games that used to work literally perfect for me and they are:
The Witcher 3 and Kena Bridge Of Spirits :( :(
I can't get any Geo-11 patch to work at all.
The Witcher 3 has broken after the last update 4.00 and although I have put it in the classic version which is the 1.32 and I can not even with the patches before that activates in 3D.
With the Kena I always get at the beginning the title Amber of the movie and Crush, it breaks. I have tried everything but there is no way and I am desperate pq are perfect 3D games that I have not yet finished and I have half or so to pass them.

I have looked at some solutions that are put here but the truth is that with The Witcher 3 I get the initial screen and the game and I can play and even 3D Vision comes out but 3D is not activated in any way.
And with Kena when 3D is activated it crashes and the Crush UE4 comes out.

Help!

Pd: Many congratulations and thanks to all of you who do and strive to keep 3D still among us.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Re: The Witcher 3 y Kena Bridge Of Spirits are broken in 3D. They used to work perfectly! now they don't!

Post by whyme466 »

Since you have a 2080Ti, have you tried regular Migoto version and 425 driver, in addition to geo-11 version? Does NVidia Control Panel 3D test pattern still work with your setup?
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
Jose3DVision
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: The Witcher 3 y Kena Bridge Of Spirits are broken in 3D. They used to work perfectly! now they don't!

Post by Jose3DVision »

It has always worked for me with the initial 3DVFIX patch without any problems. It took me the first time 1 minute to load the game and from then on it was perfect. So I don't understand why it breaks. The Geo-11 also breaks. I always get Crush UE4 no matter what I do and Kena is a 3D game of 10.

And with The Witcher 3 I was spectacular in 3D and even had a texture mod that I installed without problems.
But they released the update 4.00 and from there nothing. Although I have returned to version 1.32 of the game does not come out.
With The Witcher I installed the patch directly from 3DFM.
And now DAYS GONE another one that breaks. I got the split screen in 2. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Before I was PERFECT with the 3DVision patch. It's hopeless!

pd: By the way my driver is 425.31 but "converted" to 452.06 by 3DFix Manager.
Jose3DVision
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jose3DVision »

Could you explain to me step by step as if I were dumb the process to make it work in 3D these 3 games?
I don't know much English and I use the translator to try to understand it.
Apparently you can mix two types of patches : the 3Dvision of losti or helix with the Geo-11 and but I do not understand the process well.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

I suggest starting with the simplest approach first - use 425.31 only (no merged version of later driver). Use DDU to remove old driver, then clean install 425. Make certain that 3D test pattern in NVidia Control Panel/3D Vision tab is working correctly BEFORE testing any game. Pick one game like Witcher 3, and if the fix is still not working, go to the game .exe location where fix is located (see helixmod if not sure), and double-click uninstall.bat to remove all fix files. Now manually reinstall fix (the 3D Fix Manager is not being maintained), using the game specific instructions on helixmod.blogspot.
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
Jose3DVision
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jose3DVision »

Yes, I have done this before. But I had another problem if I installed the normal 425.31 driver because every time I restarted Windows 10 I had to reinstall the driver because I lost the 3D. The screen frequency stayed at 60Hz and not 120Hz and therefore I could not play in 3D.
And I never knew how to solve this problem. It was horrible to have to install every day the 425.31 driver to be able to play in 3D.
That's why the solution of installing the driver from the 3DFIXManager was better for me because the 3D stays when I reboot and most games go in 3D.
I have been with perfect 3D in The Witcher 3, Days Gone and Kena all this time since I have the 452.06 driver installed by the 3DFixManager. It's only since this last month that the problems with these games have started.
For example another game that there is no way to enjoy the 3D is "A Plague Tale Innocence with the new 3D fix Geo-11 remade from scratch.
I have not been able to get any game to work with the Geo-11 in 3D.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

1- You said "I got the split screen in 2.". It looks like you aren't editing "d3dxdm.ini" to change the "direct_mode" to "nvidia_dx11", which is what you should use with 452.06 drivers (the ones I recommend, because 425.31 are problematic for me). I distribute geo-11 fixes in "direct_mode = sbs" by default, which shows two squished images in your monitor.
2- The latest update of The Witcher 3 needs the latest fix, made with geo-11. And the same thing I said before still applies. Use "direct_mode = nvidia_dx11".
3- I don't know about Kena myself (I guess you're using the latest universal fix that uses geo-11), but check the same things.
mistersvin21
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by mistersvin21 »

masterotaku wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:01 am 1- You said "I got the split screen in 2.". It looks like you aren't editing "d3dxdm.ini" to change the "direct_mode" to "nvidia_dx11", which is what you should use with 452.06 drivers (the ones I recommend, because 425.31 are problematic for me). I distribute geo-11 fixes in "direct_mode = sbs" by default, which shows two squished images in your monitor.
2- The latest update of The Witcher 3 needs the latest fix, made with geo-11. And the same thing I said before still applies. Use "direct_mode = nvidia_dx11".
3- I don't know about Kena myself (I guess you're using the latest universal fix that uses geo-11), but check the same things.
the game is crashing after loading a savegame if using geo11+425.31 driver, and since geo11 is built in your latest fix - i can play 1.32 version without geo11 only
could u pls check 425.31 driver?
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Also, be sure to use the UE4 driver hack if needed
Jose3DVision
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jose3DVision »

Correct me if I'm wrong in the steps I do for The Witcher 3 with the latest 4.01 update of the game and Geo-11 updated to version 11.6.107
- I leave all the files in the exe of the game.
- D3dxdm.ini -->nvidia_dx11(for my case with monitor3D and RTX2080Ti) you must use fullscreen no? and upscaling=0? 1?
- D3dx.ini force_stereo=2??

Is there anything else to do? The refresh rate in the game how should it be? at 60? or 120?
Doing all this and trying the different ways the game comes out but as if it were 2D and the 3D emitter is not activated. It stays dark.
3DNovice wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:35 am Also, be sure to use the UE4 driver hack if needed
What trick?
Jose3DVision
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jose3DVision »

masterotaku wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:01 am 1- You said "I got the split screen in 2.". It looks like you aren't editing "d3dxdm.ini" to change the "direct_mode" to "nvidia_dx11", which is what you should use with 452.06 drivers (the ones I recommend, because 425.31 are problematic for me). I distribute geo-11 fixes in "direct_mode = sbs" by default, which shows two squished images in your monitor.

If I do this, I still get a split screen, one above and one below as if it were sbs.
For whatever reason it doesn't work. Maybe it's a silly problem and any of you who know, if you were here maybe in half a minute you would solve it.
The truth is that it shouldn't be so complicated, but for now I can't get the correct 3D to come out.

Jose3DVision
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jose3DVision »

Kena capture Crush

All good...the initial title comes out...the 3D is activated and...Crush UE4 and the screen freezes.

Capture Crush Days Gone with 3DVision Fix

Traducción del cuadro de error: "the video driver was restarted. Make sure your video drivers are up to date. Exiting..."
Flint Eastwood
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Flint Eastwood »

For Kena you can try my approach with Geo11:
viewtopic.php?p=187314#p187314

It works for me with the Steam-version on latest drivers.
Ryzen 7800X3D // 32GB RAM // GTX 1070 // 3D-Vision glasses + Asus PG248Q // Win10 Home 64bit 22H2 // Nvidia Driver v546.29
harisukro
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by harisukro »

Try to install first driver 425.31 clean and after 452.22 in express mode.
Jose3DVision
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jose3DVision »

harisukro wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:17 pm Try to install first driver 425.31 clean and after 452.22 in express mode.
The 425.31 I have had problems with it forever. I have tried it clean before and it doesn't activate the Nvidia control panel.
And so I can't even activate 3D.
Then install the 422 express? how to do it?
Isn't the 452.06 better?
Jose3DVision
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jose3DVision »

Flint Eastwood wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:46 pm For Kena you can try my approach with Geo11:
viewtopic.php?p=187314#p187314

It works for me with the Steam-version on latest drivers.
Yes! I tried it! but it did not work for me! The game comes out without 3D and on top of that the mouse stops working. I can only move through the menus with TAB.
It seems that it doesn't work for me.
I haven't tried it with the GEO-11 0.6.56 version but with the last one.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Which version of Windows 10 are you using? More recent versions do not work well with 425.31 - see viewtopic.php?t=26087.
Jose3DVision
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jose3DVision »

whyme466 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:27 pm Which version of Windows 10 are you using? More recent versions do not work well with 425.31 - see viewtopic.php?t=26087.
I have the latest version of Windows 10 Pro
Updated everything.

I have the latest version of Windows 10 Pro
Updated everything.

The good thing is that to me it worked like this both Kena and Days Gone as The Witcher 3 and I have been playing in 3D to these games without problems, until 1 month ago.
Jose3DVision
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jose3DVision »

There are new developments:

The Witcher 3 I finally know how it works in 3D. I followed these steps:
1- Geo-11 v 0.6.107
2- d3dxdm.ini --> nvidia_dx9
3- In-game screen--> borderless window mode
4- Alt+enter in initial screen of the game.

FINALLY!!! Every time I start the game I have to Alt+Enter to make it go in 3D.

By the way although I find the game has an incredible 3D, for my taste I find the warlock too close to me. How could I modify the convergence in the d3dxdm.ini file keep him a little further away like in The Witcher 2 or characters from Days Gone or Lara Croft in Tomb Raider.
Thank you (if you can, of course).

dm_stereo_enabled = 1
dm_convergence = 0
dm_separation = 100
dm_hud_detection = 0
;dm_hud_depth_override = -1.0
dm_auto_convergence = 1
dm_auto_convergence_uav_buffer_updates = 1
dm_hud_depth_max_offset_in = 0.002

dm_min_convergence = 0.1
dm_max_convergence_soft = 6.0
dm_max_convergence_hard = 8.0
dm_popout_bias = 0.015
dm_slow_convergence_rate = 5.0
dm_slow_convergence_threshold_near = 0.0
dm_slow_convergence_threshold_far = 0.0
dm_instant_convergence_threshold = 4.0
dm_anti_judder_threshold = 0.5
dm_auto_convergence_hud_enabled = 1
dm_auto_convergence_hud_timeout = 2.0
dm_warn_no_z_buffer = 1
dm_patching_mode = 0
dm_auto_scissor_rect = 0
dm_auto_convergence_post_present = 1

dm_min_convergence_absolute_override = 0.05
dm_max_convergence_soft_absolute_override = 1.5
dm_max_convergence_hard_absolute_override = 2.5
dm_slow_convergence_rate_absolute_override = 0.75
dm_slow_convergence_threshold_near_absolute_override = 0.02
dm_slow_convergence_threshold_far_absolute_override= 0.02
dm_instant_convergence_threshold_absolute_override= 1.0
dm_anti_judder_threshold_absolute_override= 0.0

;stereo_vertex_buffers_enable = 0
;surface_createmode = 1
;stereo_compute_enable = 3

Pd: About Kena and Days Gone no success yet.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Jose3DVision wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:09 am By the way although I find the game has an incredible 3D, for my taste I find the warlock too close to me. How could I modify the convergence in the d3dxdm.ini file keep him a little further away like in The Witcher 2 or characters from Days Gone or Lara Croft in Tomb Raider.
https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_W ... _Wild_Hunt FOV ?
https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/807 FOV Slider ?

BTW, there is a thread on the old forums with mods listed by myself, Pirateguybrush and Necropants for the dx11 version of the game
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... -goty-131/
Unfortunately, since the game has moved to dx12, the mods might have been altered and might no longer work
Scarhead
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Scarhead »

Jose3DVision wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:09 am There are new developments:

1- Geo-11 v 0.6.107

By the way although I find the game has an incredible 3D, for my taste I find the warlock too close to me. How could I modify the convergence in the d3dxdm.ini file keep him a little further away like in The Witcher 2 or characters from Days Gone or Lara Croft in Tomb Raider.
Ctrl+F3/4 for convergence
Options-Gameplay "close" to "normal'
Jose3DVision
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jose3DVision »

Scarhead wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:36 pm
Jose3DVision wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:09 am There are new developments:

1- Geo-11 v 0.6.107

Ctrl+F3/4 for convergence
Options-Gameplay "close" to "normal'
Oh, yes! That was it. Leave those options on default and that's it. Now it is.
I can say and assure as you already know that The Witcher 3 is in the TOP TOP of best 3D of all together with sagas like Tomb Raider's, Metro's, Trines, Ori's, etc.
Congratulations to those who work for us to enjoy a 3D like this!

Now I will continue fighting to get Kena and Days Gone back to have 3D as before(also both have a 3D of 10!..when I was leaving,of course!)
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Scarhead wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:36 pm Ctrl+F3/4 for convergence
Jose3DVision wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:56 pm Oh, yes! That was it.
ctrl+F3 / ctrl+F4 is for separation, not convergence. Convergence adjustments can be made with ctrl+F5 / ctrl+F6 (even with autoconvergence, in most fixes where I configured it).

I don't know why you are using "nvidia_dx9". That will bring you much worse compatibility and performance than "nvidia_dx11". You have a 2080Ti and the correct drivers, so use "nvidia_dx11".
And don't forget to enable the global hack as a general thing.
Jose3DVision
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jose3DVision »

masterotaku wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:40 am
Scarhead wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:36 pm Ctrl+F3/4 for convergence
Jose3DVision wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:56 pm Oh, yes! That was it.
ctrl+F3 / ctrl+F4 is for separation, not convergence. Convergence adjustments can be made with ctrl+F5 / ctrl+F6 (even with autoconvergence, in most fixes where I configured it).

I don't know why you are using "nvidia_dx9". That will bring you much worse compatibility and performance than "nvidia_dx11". You have a 2080Ti and the correct drivers, so use "nvidia_dx11".
And don't forget to enable the global hack as a general thing.
thank you very much for your help. And thank you for all you do for 3D.

It is that I always tested it before as I have it now but with nvidia_dx11 and full screen, but I never had 3D as I have with nvidia_dx9.
If I type nvidia_dx11 the game comes out as if I play it in 2D.

And excuse me what do you mean by enabling global hacking as general? I don't understand this thanks.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

“Driver hack” - see viewtopic.php?t=25361. Not sure about status of the tool.
Jose3DVision
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jose3DVision »

whyme466 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:25 pm “Driver hack” - see viewtopic.php?t=25361. Not sure about status of the tool.
Oh, and which of these tools should I use. How do I enable global hacking?
I had already used it, 1 year ago or so but it gave me problems with the 3D and I stopped using it.
Now all 3D games work for me (installation from 3DFM without problems and easy with 452.06) except those with fix geo-11 and I have to set them to nvidia_dx11.
I understand that this tool is to install the 3D driver if you have not installed it from 3DFM, no?
Another game that I can't enjoy its 3D is A plague tale Innocence that has a current geo-11 fix and it doesn't work with direct_dx11 either.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Jose3DVision wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:04 am
whyme466 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:25 pm “Driver hack” - see viewtopic.php?t=25361. Not sure about status of the tool.
Oh, and which of these tools should I use. How do I enable global hacking?
You need that for ALL Unreal Engine 4 games, all RE Engine games, Koei Tecmo games, and more. When using 452.06 drivers.
Go to discord if you want faster help, because I assure you that all the games you say don't work, do in fact work.
Jose3DVision
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jose3DVision »

Ohhhh!! Masterotaku!!!

That was it! I didn't know! First time in years that I found out that this box had to be enabled!
Now it is!
Kena, Days Gone and even A Plague Tale Innocence work perfectly for me, as well as The Witcher 3!!!(I have a hard time reading sometimes the titles that appear on the screen when someone speaks for example, the letters get together and separate. Not so with the subtitles of the game that more or less read well.
This is a dream!

Now I'm struggling to get The Evil Whitin 1 and 2 to work in 3D. The first one I install the Helix patch and the 3D comes out and the 3D disappears and I'm left without 3D.
With the second part and the geo-11 patch I do everything as it should be done and it doesn't come out in 3D. It comes out in 2D. If I press F7, the image freezes and the game continues in the background...

And by discord I think it's ok, but the truth is that I will have to learn how to use it because I have never used it. I play games in campaign mode or cooperative mode at most and not online.

Ah! and I've seen that since the update of HelldBlade Shenua's sacrifice the 3D remains broken no?

THANK YOU x 100000000 to each and every one of you who make 3D a marvel. NVIDIA should learn from you. 3D should be a gaming standard, just like 2D and VR. But between 2D and 3D there is no color!
Jose3DVision
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jose3DVision »

By the way Dead Space 2 3D
works on steam?
I had it for a long time working in 3D luxury and since a month ago there is no way to start it.
I think there was a problem with some xxx.dll file.
Is there any solution or it's me that I'm not doing it right?
Thanks

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”