3D Fix OGL3Dvision Wrapper for Dolphin Emulator

Griduser64
One Eyed Hopeful

3D Fix OGL3Dvision Wrapper for Dolphin Emulator

Post by Griduser64 »

Hi, I've been trying to get Dolphin to work with the OGL to 3D vision wrapper but no luck, dolphin has hdmi 3d option but it won't work on my pc.

Wrapper Link:

https://3dsurroundgaming.com/

I know there is a Citra Emulator Fix and Cemu Emulator fix,

I've looked at guides and tried many different settings but can't get it to work.

For the Citra Fix the fix itself is using emulators native 3d SBS option and then converting it to 3D Vision, through changes made in the shader files.

Link:

https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2019/08/c ... to-3d.html

Dolphin also has a native SBS option so it might be possible IMO.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: 3D Fix OGL3Dvision Wrapper for Dolphin Emulator

Post by The_Nephilim »

what setup do you have gear wise? I thought Dolphin worked with native 3D vision gear? I am looking into this but it has been a few years since I messed with Dolphin..

OK I just had a look and there is a OpenGL Backend for Dolphin, so I think what they do is run the game in Open GL and use the OpenGL wrapper to make it into 3D. I have used the OpenGL wrapper on minecraft it was a bit tricky and you would need to probally watch and read some of the OpenGL 3d vision wrapper documentation but that is all they did on those games you linked with Cemu..

There is in the ini a way to set the OpenGL splash screen that way you will see if it is even being injected ingame. so you could eliminate that as being an issue, it is all documneted I suggest you go over to the OpeGL 3d vision wrapper website and read some of the info that is there..

It is just a matter of setting the correct config up. So let me know what you are using for your 3D gear.
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
Griduser64
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Griduser64 »

Yup, I'm using the OpenGL Backend with the 3D vision wrapper, but there are various issues, like the game loading two screens but the image being 2d meaning both screens are the same image without depth, I've even tried inserting the Citra 3D Fix into dolphin just to test it out and it does render some games in 3D when viewed with the warppers SBS option but the depth keeps switching on and off ingame and some resolution issues too.

My setup is:
RTX 3050
3D Vision with hacked EDID on 43 TV, 120hz works
Win 11
Driver 522.25
3D vision drivers installed with 3D Fix Manager

So as you can see with my GPU being 3000 series my options are limted to pretty much just using the OpenGL wrapper for Dolphin.

Regular dx9 games work fine with 3D Vision, jus DX11 won't work cause of 3000 series card, I've even tried the Vulkan wrapper with Vulkan dolphin but it crahses on start.

Also worth mentioning Dolphin ver 5.0-409 has less resolution issues but still no good IMO.
Griduser64
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Griduser64 »

Update, ok i got Zelda TWP to work in SBS wrapper mode with left eye swapped in dolphins settings, using latest Dolphin version too, also I am using the Citra Emulator Fix where and you have to enable SBS mode in the Dolphin emulator's settings.

still have not tested 3D Vision mode in the wrapper, will report back soon..

edit:

3D Vision mode works with a few issues, for example with Mario Sunshine when you spray water the 3D double image disappears and the screen turns into single image, also when you face a certain direction in the game or the game camera then the 3D double image disappears again, almost seems like a convergence issue.

Not sure why 3D separation goes on and off during certain movements or actions, could be a shader issue?

The other problem with Dolphin, if you start the game in full screen, the 3D image is overstretched, if you stretch windowed mode while Dolphin is running, same stretching issue:

Last edited by Griduser64 on Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

have you tried Geo-11 3D Driver?
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
Griduser64
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Griduser64 »

The_Nephilim wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:42 pm have you tried Geo-11 3D Driver?
Nope, will test it out though.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

well I got it working in my G2 with Geo-11, looked pretty good but only looked at a few seconds of the opening cutscene.. I will see if I can get it working in Helixvision with migoto
Griduser64
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Griduser64 »

The_Nephilim wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:39 pm well I got it working in my G2 with Geo-11, looked pretty good but only looked at a few seconds of the opening cutscene.. I will see if I can get it working in Helixvision with migoto
Ok, I tried Geo-11 and i get two images in SBS mode but there is no 3D depth and increasing separation and convergence does nothing.

not sure why, maybe I did not install Geo-11 properly or some settings I gotta check..

I'll keep trying stuff out but at least the OGL wrapper with the 3D Citra Fix works for now.

I just have to figure out why the 3D image keeps switching on and off the 3D mode while playing and moving a character.

Also this Fullscreen 3D Vision picture issue,

Thanks for your help though.
Griduser64
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Griduser64 »

Update:

Ok, Good News!

I was able to get rid of many issues with 3D performance along with 3D switching randomly on and off by making a new custom Nvidia profile for Dolphin and then tinkering with the settings in the stereo options in the Nvidia profile.

So now the Citra Fix seems to work with Dolphin Emulator too, at least with three or four games I tried so far. You just need to adjust the convergence with with ctrl + 6 on or ctrl +5 numpad because it's incorrect, prolly something I can fix with the ogl wrapper's ini settings.

As for Geo-11 , it would be nice if it worked also, but no matter what settings I tried all I get is 2D no matter that you see two images because they are same angle so no depth, maybe in future updates of Geo-11?
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

There's this, if you are patient
masterotaku wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:29 am I'm preparing a "universal fix" for Dolphin, similar to my PCSX2 fix in a way (with a profile per game, but some common regexes too).

Or try...

When using the wrapper by Helifax, it will default to SbS if you do not use Administrative privileges allowing the needed profile nip to be imported into
Nvidia's official profile list.

Also, all settings "must be" performed prior to the wrapper installation, refresh, resolution, fullscreen, etc.

On W10, you might need to check "disable fullscreen optimizations" and perhaps use W7 compatibility? Dunno, I only tried it on W7

I've no idea if it will work with the emulator. GL. Chexck

You could probably combine the profile by Helifax and the one you have for the emulator.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

I had revisted this and when running Dolphin and my G2 I had to set the 3d mode to HDMI 3D, to get it working in 3D but there are some broke effects..

@Masterotaku, did you ever finish the Dolphin universal fix?
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

The_Nephilim wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:24 am @Masterotaku, did you ever finish the Dolphin universal fix?
Not yet. Compared to PCSX2, it usually needs more effort per game, and I still have too few game profiles ready to consider it worth releasing.
Right now I'm focused on adding more game profiles to PCSX2, and working on some other PC games.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

masterotaku wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:43 am
The_Nephilim wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:24 am @Masterotaku, did you ever finish the Dolphin universal fix?
Not yet. Compared to PCSX2, it usually needs more effort per game, and I still have too few game profiles ready to consider it worth releasing.
Right now I'm focused on adding more game profiles to PCSX2, and working on some other PC games.
OK thank you for the update. It does look good in 3D the main issue I seen in all the gameI have is in the menus mostly.. I was running through Gauntlet and the menu had 1 issue but the ingame looked great..

I am just glad I got it working in 3D, that alone is a treat to play these old games in the true 3D dimension..

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”