Urgent: Any Phereo or 3DVisionLive albums you want?

bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Urgent: Any Phereo or 3DVisionLive albums you want?

Post by bo3bber »

I'm working with NVidia and Phereo right now to fetch remaining screenshots from their now defunct websites. These are going offline permanently in a few weeks, so if you have any interest in recovering your screenshots, now is the time to let me know.

I need your Phereo name, and/or possibly a name you used on 3DVisionLive. They are related, but separate logins. 3DVisionLive is totally dead, but Phereo still works enough for you to maybe remember your user name.

I'm working with DarkStarSword to fix links on the blog so that all the images that would otherwise go 404 will still continue to work.

And a secondary, nice-to-have, we'll be recovering our albums of screenshots. No promises, lots of stuff seems barely functioning, but we have recovered everything on the blog, so there is hope. These are all going to be stored where we control their destiny, on the AWS hosting used for fix files. As far as I'm concerned, we are done with trusting corporations to not shaft us.

Let me know your user names, and I'll pass them along for downloading.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Urgent: Any Phereo or 3DVisionLive albums you want?

Post by 3DNovice »

3DVisionLive was extracted by someone, I forget who, but it was a 373MB zip.

EDit: nevermind, you host the zip

bo3bber wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:16 am I've created a wget archive of the entire HelixModBlog, and you should grab a copy just for backup purposes.

http://bo3b.net/helixmodblog_1_18_20.7z

It's a bit out of date, but includes everything up until January. This is every fix file, every photo, every comment on the blog.

It's about 1G in size, grab a copy for long term backup/storage. Worst case scenario, you've got every fix with all instructions, up until January of this year.

I'll make a new wget to share when I get a chance. (DarkStarSword has an automated mechanism, so he always has a backup wget that is current.)

If you might want it, here is an archive of the 3DVisionLive before they took it down. I'm really not sure this will work, but I think you can dig around and find all the snapshots we posted over the years. 375 Meg.

http://bo3b.net/3DVisionLive.zip
quoted from viewtopic.php?p=171307&hilit=3dvisionlive.zip#p171307

In regards to the wget, let us know when a new one is made, perhaps sometime after Geo-11 is more flushed out.

Can a rip be performed on Phereo?

BTW, Thanks for that rip, I still look at those pictures once in awhile.
3DJ
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DJ »

I never used 3DVisionLive and just a couple months ago I tried uploading some screenshots to Phereo which seemed to have worked but I was never able to actually view them.
Not even the existing screenshots worked in any mode including 3D Vision, even when using that one last Firefox version with 3DV support or sView's browser plugin, both of which worked on other sites, but it's sad to see it go, too.
But anyway, if it's possible to fetch as many as 3DVisionLive and Phereo images and back them up on a server with folder navigation, I could try backing them up on the Internet Archive recursively like I did with DarkStarSword's helixmod fix archive.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Hmm, I didn't pay attention, that Zip is just the HTML links from everyone's 3DVision Live uploads
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

3DNovice wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:18 pm
quoted from viewtopic.php?p=171307&hilit=3dvisionlive.zip#p171307

In regards to the wget, let us know when a new one is made, perhaps sometime after Geo-11 is more flushed out.

Can a rip be performed on Phereo?

BTW, Thanks for that rip, I still look at those pictures once in awhile.
Wellll, the trouble with doing backups is that you also need to do ...restore, or you can't be sure it was right. It's not an easy thing to check with wget, but I did find recently that my wget backups are missing some posts. I don't know why, it follows all the regular rules, and if I do a specific year it will find the posts, but not if I start at the top. In any case- my wget backups are incomplete in terms of blog posts, but complete in that they include any pictures possible to download, and importantly, the fix files.

Here is a new backup of the entire blog via the Blogger mechanism: https://stereo-screenshots.s3.amazonaws ... odblog.xml

This is a more reliable backup as it generates an XML file for the entire blog. It includes all links to photos, but not the photos themselves, so if the photos go offline, they can no longer be seen.

No rip can be done on Phereo, it's all live web pages, and there is no good way that I know to archive those sorts of web sites. Also nearly all the photos are dead, just showing black when opened or downloaded.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

3DJ wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:24 pm I never used 3DVisionLive and just a couple months ago I tried uploading some screenshots to Phereo which seemed to have worked but I was never able to actually view them.
Not even the existing screenshots worked in any mode including 3D Vision, even when using that one last Firefox version with 3DV support or sView's browser plugin, both of which worked on other sites, but it's sad to see it go, too.
But anyway, if it's possible to fetch as many as 3DVisionLive and Phereo images and back them up on a server with folder navigation, I could try backing them up on the Internet Archive recursively like I did with DarkStarSword's helixmod fix archive.
Yeah, unfortunately Phereo has been busted for a long time, and barely functional. All of my albums and photos are now just dead images, even though the links themselves still work. I tend to be a digital hoarder, so it's probably just as well.

Speaking of backups- that archive mirror is incomplete. It has some of the files, but definitely does not include everything in different people's AWS buckets. The deeper link at: https://valen.darkstarsword.net/3d-mirr ... onaws.com/ seems pretty complete though. Current server seems broken/offline though. IIRC DSS moved providers recently.

I'm not very concerned about the risk of AWS going offline- we pay money for the service, which keeps our priorities aligned, and they also have extremely good data management. Definitely a plus to have alternate backups like DarkStarSword's mirror though. Worst case- we have fix files distributed worldwide on different people's machines that are sort of backups. I think we are in reasonable shape, backup-wise.

I want to see us move to pay-for hosted service, and I think AWS is the right choice for us. Anything hosted on free sites is going to die someday. And I'm tired of being shot in the back. HelixVision has paid for hosting for a minimum of 10 years from now, so I think we are in good shape. I'm moving all the photos we can reasonably archive into a new S3 AWS bucket, where the blog can link to them directly. Editing the 500 blog posts to fix the links... will need to be another day. We have 1200 blog posts now.

The new bucket is: https://stereo-screenshots.s3.amazonaws.com/ and I have listing enabled. If someone wants to make a simple, preferably static, website to show the images, that would be better than a raw list of files. Maybe think about making our own stereo screen shot sharing site- one that isn't going to go offline because of stupid corporate decisions.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hey Bo3ber, I probally used The_Nephilim as my user name for 3D vision/Phero not sure If I even uploaded to Phero or not. but there might be some stuff at 3D vision site... if you can use my email I can give you that in a pm or here if that will help
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”