Geo-11 Automobilista 2

petermg
Two Eyed Hopeful

Geo-11 Automobilista 2

Post by petermg »

Got it working but the shadows look a bit weird. Just copied everything out of the Geo-11 x64 folder and put it with the game exe.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Geo-11 Automobilista 2

Post by The_Nephilim »

well the shadows are probally in 2d and are broke and will need to be fixed with Migoto. but currently it is in ASM when the shader is dumped. so you would need to know how to fix it to get it working properly..
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
Cowboybob
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cowboybob »

Oh my god, this is fantastic. I have a 3d vision 2 setup, monitor, glasses gtx 980ti, 452 driver etc is it possible for me to utilise geo-11 to work on my system?
petermg
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by petermg »

Cowboybob wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:29 pm Oh my god, this is fantastic. I have a 3d vision 2 setup, monitor, glasses gtx 980ti, 452 driver etc is it possible for me to utilise geo-11 to work on my system?
Yes.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cowboybob
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cowboybob »

Hi petermg, could you post a step by step and your hardware config of how you got ams2 going? I could put up with some shadow issues if it meant playing in 3d. Currently using Nvidia 3d vision which results in anything below the skyline just appears black.
Not sure how to apply geo-11 to this game as there is no "fix" available to begin with? I'm using older 3d vision 2 hardware which I'm not sure will allow me to try geo-11 with in the first place.. Asus 3d monitor, glasses gtx 980ti, 452 driver etc
Cowboybob
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cowboybob »

Ok had some success with dropping the files in the appropriate location and editing the 2 ini's .
Also making show FPS = true makes it obvious that geo-11 is working. Just need to play with in game settings , shadows etc then understand ini settings for convergence and separation etc.
Bought this game at release but have never completed a single lap as 2d racing is not worth the effort.
petermg
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by petermg »

Cowboybob wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:10 am Hi petermg, could you post a step by step and your hardware config of how you got ams2 going? I could put up with some shadow issues if it meant playing in 3d. Currently using Nvidia 3d vision which results in anything below the skyline just appears black.
Not sure how to apply geo-11 to this game as there is no "fix" available to begin with? I'm using older 3d vision 2 hardware which I'm not sure will allow me to try geo-11 with in the first place.. Asus 3d monitor, glasses gtx 980ti, 452 driver etc
Hey sorry I missed this. Yeah I just put the Geo11 files in the same folder as the main exe. I have the resolution set to 2560x1440 and I have upscaling to 4K enabled in d3dx.ini file. I have it set to interlaced as I'm using a passive 3D 4K monitor. I have separation set to 13 and convergence set to 2.5. You can keep those settings by editing the d3dxdm.ini file just change the lines under [STEREO] to
dm_convergence = 2.5
dm_separation = 13
Cowboybob
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cowboybob »

Thanks petermg, will try your settings soon.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

petermg wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:50 pm
Cowboybob wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:10 am Hi petermg, could you post a step by step and your hardware config of how you got ams2 going? I could put up with some shadow issues if it meant playing in 3d. Currently using Nvidia 3d vision which results in anything below the skyline just appears black.
Hey sorry I missed this. Yeah I just put the Geo11 files in the same folder as the main exe. I have the resolution set to 2560x1440 and I have upscaling to 4K enabled in d3dx.ini file. I have it set to interlaced as I'm using a passive 3D 4K monitor. I have separation set to 13 and convergence set to 2.5. You can keep those settings by editing the d3dxdm.ini file just change the lines under [STEREO] to
dm_convergence = 2.5
dm_separation = 13
If this is working for you its ok, if this is more cool than Z3D but it sounds like you are playing with a very low depth and a high convergence to move the wrong effects to the right convergence and reduce wrong effect apperiance with the low separation :woot shouldnt work for the whole game scenes or you are living with wrong effects i have done some years ago to have a bit of 3D even if this having issues. But i cant play at low depth anymore. Any screenshots here for differnet situations? I only want to prevent peoples thinks things are fixed with this settings and experiance a 3D they dont have expected.
petermg
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by petermg »

Losti wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:45 am
petermg wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:50 pm
dm_convergence = 2.5
dm_separation = 13
If this is working for you its ok, if this is more cool than Z3D but it sounds like you are playing with a very low depth and a high convergence to move the wrong effects to the right convergence and reduce wrong effect apperiance with the low separation :woot shouldnt work for the whole game scenes or you are living with wrong effects i have done some years ago to have a bit of 3D even if this having issues. But i cant play at low depth anymore. Any screenshots here for differnet situations? I only want to prevent peoples thinks things are fixed with this settings and experiance a 3D they dont have expected.
Z3D as in iZ3D? I have the files but I haven't tried using them. I guess they still work? Maybe I should check those out.
I'm running this on a 55" monitor so maybe that's why this works for me. Depth doesn't seem to be low on this screen. For me the separation of 80 just destroys my eyes, it's seriously painful on this thing. Maybe if it was smaller it would be ok. Also I'm only sitting like 3 feet away from it, at most. Maybe 2.5'.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

Yeah Separation is screen depemdend.

Ähm with Z3D super depth 3D i mean. Just an Alternative if a game is broken.
Cowboybob
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cowboybob »

Asus 3d vision monitor, have set separation at 70 and convergence at .24. dx11 force full screen.
I will need to look into this super depth 3d, tried it in the past but couldn't get it working.
Last edited by Cowboybob on Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”