Going CRAZY. Please help getting 3DV working again.

spin1
Cross Eyed!

Going CRAZY. Please help getting 3DV working again.

Post by spin1 »

I was using 3DV fine around 2 or 3 weeks ago with Win 10 and my 2080 Ti and driver 425. I didn't even have to use 3D Fix Manager to start the games (I only used it to install profiles).

I reinstalled Windows 10 today and 3DV won't work WITH ANY GAME. Doesn't matter if it's DX9 or DX11. The game will either start but have no 3D (eg. Dirt 4) or the game won't start at all and just do the thing where the desktop flashes black (Automobilista). I've installed the driver normally, I've installed the driver via 3DV Driver Changer Tool, I've disabled fullscreen optimizations, I've even tried starting the games from 3D Fix manager (at least the ones it detects). NOTHING WORKS!

HELP!
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Going CRAZY. Please help getting 3DV working again.

Post by RAGEdemon »

1. Use https://freetimetech.com/windows-10-cle ... ol-by-ftt/ to debloat windows -
disable game bar
disable game mode
and all the other useless stuff.

2. Use DDU to uninstall the driver from safe mode. Then install 452.06 (or 452.22, which is the last driver to hack-support 3D Vision), via Losti's Bring 3D. You can try 3DFM, however I do not have much experience with it.

3DV ought to now work in your games.

Use geo-11 for your games - there is no performance penalty with geo-11 with later drivers.
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
spin1
Cross Eyed!

Post by spin1 »

452 driver performance is too por for me. Not just that though, I had everything working perfect with v425 literally 2 weeks ago. DX11 games, DX9 games, etc. Even the medical image test worked. Now all of a sudden the medical image never works, the medical image test always has that message in red saying "Warning: attempt to run stereoscopic in a non-stereoscopic display mode...." message (I swear, if I see that message a few more times I'm going to throw my PC through the Window).. The test application with the NV 3D writing and logo moving closer and further away from you is kind of in 3D but always a double image.

Why did 425 work perfect until 2-ish weeks ago???
RAGEdemon wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:33 pmUse geo-11 for your games - there is no performance penalty with geo-11 with later drivers.
The author stated geo-11 hasn't been tested really on DX9 though...
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b4thman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by b4thman »

If you try with "3D vision driver changer" (Losti tool) and use the "repair" option included, you will probably play 3D again, BUT... UNTIL YOU REBOOT your computer. This problem that you have probably happens only with 425.31 driver, and I think it is a good idea to install a newer driver (now I have 452.06 installed) and use Geo-11 (Geo-11 corrects the big problem related to 452.06 driver..., the fps loss, and now you can play smooth). The problem is that you may want to play a game not compatible with Geo-11, and in that case you lose performance, comparing to 425.31 driver

I expect Geo-11 is going to grow and be more compatible with games.

I bet that, when you have reinstalled your Windows 10, your OS has updated to the last version (maybe you have 21H1), and that is why you have now problems with 425.31 driver. People use Sledgehammer to prevent Windows to update without your permission.
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 2080 (no TI), 32 Gb RAM, Windows 21H1, Monitor Dell S2716DG, Nvidia 425.31 driver
spin1
Cross Eyed!

Post by spin1 »

3DNovice wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:07 pm What OS Version number?
Same as 2 weeks ago. Windows 10 LTSC version 21H2
3DNovice wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:07 pm What type of display?
Same as 2 weeks ago: 3x Dell S2716DG (only using 1 while troubleshooting)
3DNovice wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:07 pm What cable connection are you using?
Same as 2 weeks ago. DP to DP (identical cables too).
3DNovice wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:07 pm What games are you trying?
Assetto Corsa (DX11), Automobilista (DX9 - based on the rFactor/ISI engine which always works perfect with 3D Vision). All I had to do to get Automobilista working up until 2 weeks ago was to check "disable fullscreen optimizations". Now, even when I do that, it makes no difference, it keeps doing the thing where the screen/desktop flashes to black while trying to start the game (but failing).
3DNovice wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:07 pm Are you doing something stupid, like using HDMI on a 3D Vision monitor?
Of course not. I've been using 3D Vision since 2014-ish. Started with the ASUS VG248QE. I know what I'm doing, generally speaking.
3DNovice wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:07 pmAre you letting windows update overwrite the installed driver?
Nope. Updates all blocked. Auto-driver install blocked. I've also checked the installed driver version many times. 3D Fix Manager also verifies everything successfully all the time.
3DNovice wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:07 pm Did you re-install mobo drivers?
Of course. Everything. Been building and repairing PCs for around 20 years.
3DNovice wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:07 pm Have you looked in Device Manager to confirm that the USB driver for the emitter installed?
3D Fix Manager detects it fine. I'd assume it's in the device manager.
spin1
Cross Eyed!

Post by spin1 »

b4thman wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:21 pm If you try with "3D vision driver changer" (Losti tool) and use the "repair" option included, you will probably play 3D again, BUT... UNTIL YOU REBOOT your computer. This problem that you have probably happens only with 425.31 driver...
Up until 2 weeks ago, I'd never get the problem where I'd have to repair the driver. I powered off my PC tons of times and the 3D games would always worked. I didn't have to use the Losti tool "repair". It was still Win 10 LTSC 21H2 2 weeks ago, and 2 weeks before then, and 2 weeks before then, etc.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

I've seen similar problems with the driver being somehow corrupted. Do a DDU style clean reinstall of the driver, and install 452.06. Unplug your network before you reboot, so that Windows can't bork the driver before you can install. 425.31 would be OK as well.
spin1
Cross Eyed!

Post by spin1 »

2 UPDATES:

1.Great News!: All games I've tried so far, except 1, suddenly started working! DX9 (GT Legends, rFactor 1) and DX11 (Dirt Rally 1, Dirt 4, Assetto Corsa). Granted, some of the games get the black screen unresponsive PC after you exit but that's OK because the 3D Fix manager has the option to automatically disable 3D when exiting the game so that clears all those problems. The strange thing is I never used to get this issue and never even used 3D Manager to launch my games, I only ever used it for conveniently installing 3D Fixes but that's OK, I'm just glad it works, I don't care if I have to now use 3D FM to start each game.

2.Bad News: There is 1, single game - the game I currently play the most and the game that's always worked for years even up to 2 weeks ago - that still won't work. It's Automobilista 1 (AMS1). The game does the thing where the desktop flashes black 5 or 10 times when trying to start the game. This only happens when 3D is enabled. This is a DX9 game based on the same engine (ISI Motor 2 according to 3D Fix Manager) as some of the other games that are now working in 3D like rFactor 1 ad GT Legends. Also, like those other 2 games, AMS1 has no 3D Fixes and doesn't require any. Why is this the only game not working now? Also, 3D Fix Manager does not detect the game (yet it detects the other 2) so I had to create a profile for the game in 3D Fix manager. Having said that, up until 2 weeks ago, I never even started AMS1 from 3D FM, I always just started it normally from Steam.

3. Sometimes it seems like Lightboost doesn't activate in 3D mode. 3D usually looks almost blindingly bright (without the glasses on). Often, the 3D now looks no brighter than the regular 2D screen. I've checked the monitor brightness & contrast and they're set to the correct numbers...Maybe it's all in my head.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

spin1 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:30 am The game does the thing where the desktop flashes black 5 or 10 times when trying to start the game. This only happens when 3D is enabled. This is a DX9 game...
Some DX9 games have this problem. 3D Vision tries to force 120Hz, while the game tries to force 60Hz. Infinite loop.
Some examples: Bayonetta, Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition (thankfully with DSfix you can force 120Hz), Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2, The Wonderful 101.

I take the extreme measure of deleting all my refresh rates except 120Hz (with CRU) when I want to play those games. I saved it as a bin profile, so I can load it quickly and when I'm done I load the default bin I created too.
spin1
Cross Eyed!

Post by spin1 »

3DNovice wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:10 pm Can you run the test image successfully in NvCP?

There was this over at the HelixVision discussions a few days ago.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1127310/ ... 578382722/
No. The Desktop does the black flash thing 2 or 3 times then it finally makes it to the medical test (the white and black lines and dots) but it's NOT in 3D and the red message comes up "attempting to view in stereoscopic..." If I recall correctly, this worked fine until the last time I used 3D (2 weeks ago).
3DNovice wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:57 am Of course you tried disable fullscreen optimizations and/or compatibility mode.
As well as setting the desktop to 120hz or 100hz as set in NVCP.
If the game has a fix, follow the instructions on the helixblog page, in case it needs a specific profile setting.

There's also the option to use Nvidia color settings "Full" for monitors, Limited for TVs typically
Also make sure that the blue light filter is off in the monitor menu as well as in W10 or in the GPU manufacturer settings, if you installed their app
Also check the monitor's GameVisual mode, of course if it's set to something like Cinema mode, well.....

Glad it's working
Yes, disabled fullscreen optimizations.
I've tried with Win compat modes too. The desktop is set to 120 Hz mode when 3DV is OFF and when GSync are both on and off but with 3DV on, the NVCP says only 60 Hz but it must be more (probably 120) because movement is smooth. It's definitely not 60 Hz even though NVCP says it is.
As I mention in my previous message, the game has no fix and doesn't require any. It also runs off the same game engine that 2 other games use that currently work just fine in 3D, those being rFactor 1 and GT Legends.
Nvidia colour settings are set to full, of course.
None of that Windows or monitor blue light stuff is on.
Monitor settings are all identical to the past 5 years.

masterotaku wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:04 am
spin1 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:30 am The game does the thing where the desktop flashes black 5 or 10 times when trying to start the game. This only happens when 3D is enabled. This is a DX9 game...
Some DX9 games have this problem. 3D Vision tries to force 120Hz, while the game tries to force 60Hz. Infinite loop.
Some examples: Bayonetta, Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition (thankfully with DSfix you can force 120Hz), Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2, The Wonderful 101.

I take the extreme measure of deleting all my refresh rates except 120Hz (with CRU) when I want to play those games. I saved it as a bin profile, so I can load it quickly and when I'm done I load the default bin I created too.
I don't see why the game would be trying to start at 60 Hz. The little graphics config tool thing that comes with the game is set correctly: 120 Hz, windowed mode: un-checked, correct resolution, etc.

:cry:
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MaestroRoedor
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MaestroRoedor »

I had to install an older windows build 2004 to be able to install driver 452.06 because the newer windows build would make my screen go black and my pc shut down, I'm using a 2080 super so I dual boot build 2004 for 3d vision and 21h2 with the newest nvidia drivers. I disabled the updates for 2004 so is not installing anything that destroys the 3d vision set up.
spin1
Cross Eyed!

Post by spin1 »

I fixed the issue with this one game doing the flashing black and desktop thing - even though every other game of mine works, DX9 and DX11.

Since this game, Automobilista 1, uses an updated version of the rFactor 1 ISI engine (gMotor 2 I think), I applied the rFactor 1 stereo / 3D settings via Nvidia Inspector. I normally do this anyways because I discovered that this solves the issue of the cars' digital dashboards' numbers / text only being visible in 1 eye but I hadn't done it yet this time around due to reinstalling drivers. (I believe this easy fix is also needed for rFactor 2 and possibly GT Legends, GTR 1, GTR 2, Race 07 / Race Injection, etc. but not 100%). After I did that, the game started up perfect like always. I've started and closed it many times now, never a problem just like I never used to have up until a month or 2 ago.

In short, it has nothing to do with drivers, Windows 10, Windows updates, 3D fix, 3D being stuck in 3D mode, etc. It's simply just some edits in the 3D / Stereo section of Nvidia Inspector :)

P.S.
With all the options/settings in Nvidia Inspector and with how it fixes a major issues of certain graphics only being shown in one eye, I've always wondered why there's almost no discussion about it here. I would have thought it has lots of potential to improve or even fix issues regarding 3D Vision.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”