Geo11 - Dishonored 2

Tullebob
Cross Eyed!

Geo11 - Dishonored 2

Post by Tullebob »

Seems to be rid of CPU limitation issues, but suffers from some "loading-like"-stutters. Likely due to the fix as I remember.
3D Vision rig -> 8700k oc 4.9, asus rog 2080ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz ram, Win 7 running driver 425.31 on SSD1, Win 10 running driver 452.06 on SSD2, Win 10 running latest Nvidia driver for Vulkan3dV and 2D gaming on SSD3, for 3d vision display: 1080p on VG248QE (and sometimes 1440p on PG278PR), Valve Index or Optoma UHD42 projector
SubjectBucko
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Geo11 - Dishonored 2

Post by SubjectBucko »

Fix works flawlessly but seems to be unstable. Crashing to desktop alot. I do not see any error messages.

I set force_stereo to 2. There is no upscalinf option in the Dxdmi file but in dxd11.ini I have had set Upsaling=1. I have tried fullscreen, borderless windowed mode, tripple buffering on and off and native adaptive resolution on and off, txaa and fxaa. Can play for 1 to 2 hours flawlessly but then it crashes numerous times in a new chapter numerous times. Any ideas how I can fix?

Performance is superb by the way? On Ultra or very high settings steady 60fps. 3d vision fix use to poorly.
SubjectBucko
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by SubjectBucko »

Performance is superb by the way. Also apart from 1 or 2 very brief stutters is butter smooth. Redid chapter one and half of chapter 2. Tutorial crashes continuously and have not been able to complete this. Such a good game
theadzter
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by theadzter »

Are you playing on a VR headset?
I've been trying this one out every number of ways. Fullscreen, bordeless, triple buffering etc. What's consistent for me is it's always absolutely silky smooth onscreen, but quite stuttery in the HMD. I've tried Katanga as well as vorpx desktop viewer and virtual desktop... but can't get it to settle down.
Capping the fps is key, otherwise I get a perceived 5fps in the headset. But even capped it seems to have trouble. And weirdly, in specific places. eg. rooms with more lightshafts/godrays will affect the headset fps, but not onscreen. Very strange.
SubjectBucko
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by SubjectBucko »

Playing on a LG 3D TV.

I do not find any entry of the crashes in the event viewer. I do not see any crash logs anywhere in the game directories.

My system is:
Windows 11
I installed the latest Nvidia driver 516.94 to see if that helped but had the same issue on driver 516.59.
RTX 3090
Installed Dishonoured 2 Fix from helix mod manually
Copied over the contents of the x64 file from Geo-11 v0.6.56 into the .exe directory excluding the d3dx.ini file and edited the d3dxdm.ini file to output interlaced and the original d3dx.ini file to Force_stereo=2.
I also have tried changing the upscaling to 1 in the d3dx.ini file which seemed to work better than 0 and 2 but I am not sure. I changed nothing else in the dxd3.ini file and alot of it is way over my head and I don't understand it.

3d kicks in and works superbly. Crashes seem unpredicatble. In Mission 2 once I am off the boat and play with no crashes but crashes frequently whilst on the boat and also crashes frequently in the tutorial.
I ran game in 2d and no crashes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
SubjectBucko
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by SubjectBucko »

Okay, so I seem to have solved the crashes by turning off "Lightshafts" in the advanced graphics settings. All other settings can be on Ultra. I completed the tutorial and not a single crash since I turned off "lightshafts" thusfar.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”