geo-11 - Snowrunner - SBS WORKS

BazzaLB
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

geo-11 - Snowrunner - SBS WORKS

Post by BazzaLB »

In what is a rarity these days, Snowrunner (Epic Games version) runs pretty much perfect ootb in 3d (Shadows , reflections.. you name it.. just needs some hud elements tweaking). I am happy to report that I just loaded snowrunner using geo-11 driver with SBS and I get a full 60fps on my 11900K/3080 (graphics full). With my old 1080ti setup using 3DVision, I would have dips into the low 30s regularly. Being able to run 3D on my 3080 is a game changer.

Thanks again to all involved.
costiq
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: geo-11 - Snowrunner - SBS WORKS

Post by costiq »

Thanks BazzaLB for making me wake up in the middle of the night, just to check if Snowrunner works with Geo-11 on my system too. ;)

I'm a big fan of this game (
You've Played 10d 23h 40m 4s
) and I always hoped to be able to see the snowflakes falling in real 3D. (Unfortunately, with SuperDepth3D which I currently use, snowflakes, rain, water volumes, fires, etc. are only rendered in 2D).

As you mentioned, with just Geo-11 the geometric 3D is almost perfect. The only (bigger) issue I found is the water reflections. (There are very few other minor ones, but they are bearable).

If only one of the fantastic magicians at Helixmod could have a look at fixing these issues it would make a few people really :D. (I'm offering to buy them the game if they are interested.)

Disclaimer: I will not be made responsible for people getting addicted to this game. ;)
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BazzaLB
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by BazzaLB »

costiq wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:10 pm Thanks BazzaLB for making me wake up in the middle of the night, just to check if Snowrunner works with Geo-11 on my system too. ;)

I'm a big fan of this game (
You've Played 10d 23h 40m 4s
) and I always hoped to be able to see the snowflakes falling in real 3D. (Unfortunately, with SuperDepth3D which I currently use, snowflakes, rain, water volumes, fires, etc. are only rendered in 2D).

As you mentioned, with just Geo-11 the geometric 3D is almost perfect. The only (bigger) issue I found is the water reflections. (There are very few other minor ones, but they are bearable).

If only one of the fantastic magicians at Helixmod could have a look at fixing these issues it would make a few people really :D. (I'm offering to buy them the game if they are interested.)

Disclaimer: I will not be made responsible for people getting addicted to this game. ;)
Yeah, its a great game. The graphics are fantastic and in 3D it really is amazing slushing your way through the mud and slush. My water reflections actually look perfect to me. I went looking for them especially actually. If anything, the fog you encounter early and late in the day might have an issue as well as those parking highlight squares (red or yellow) can sometimes look like they are floating slightly (although they snap into position correctly as you get close to them).. but I haven't really noticed anything else. My version is from the EPIC Games store btw.
costiq
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by costiq »

Thanks BazzaLB!

I have mine from Epic too.

Well, it looks like all waters are not made equal. ;)
Indeed, I discovered some with good reflections, but many with differences between left and right eye rendering (it's like the level of the water is higher on one eye than on the other one). It happens mainly on fast-flowing rivers and puddles. Depending on the camera angle it can be more or less noticeable. Also, when looking from inside the cabin the issue is more acute.

As for the slightly problematic fog, it can be disabled inside the game settings (volumetric fog-off). Although it would be nice to have it working nicely in 3D.
BigErn77
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by BigErn77 »

I can confirm it works also in 3D Vision. Also, there is a massive performance gain over standard 3D Vision with this game. At the starting location I was getting 30 fps and with geo-11 it's at least twice that.
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX3080, 32GB ram, Windows 10 21H2, nVidia 516.59, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, USB 3D Vision Emitter

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”