geo-11 Final Fantasy XIV

EpsilonLyrae
Two Eyed Hopeful

geo-11 Final Fantasy XIV

Post by EpsilonLyrae »

Specifically tested with non-steam version, your mileage may vary if you have the game on steam

Relevant specs:

Windows 10 21H2 (latest updates installed)
RTX 3070 GPU, 527.56 drivers + 3D vision driver installed for DX9 compatibility (installed by 3dfixmanager)
Primary display: LG C1 @ 1440p120hz, Gsync Off (using dx9 path)
3d vision glasses (v1)
VR Headset: Valve Index (for katanga_vr, SBS outputs)
Overlay software present (Discord, Steam). May or may not work with currently popular mods or addons (I don't use them)

Process followed:

*Ensure game launches normally with no fix and no geo-11 present
*Install 3dfix for the game from this link: https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2019/02/f ... eborn.html (version 1.0 as of this report post).

Observed issues:
*Auto depth code for the UI is incomplete. Some floating text gets clipped out inappropriately (combat text, loot award text), and the text that remains isn't given any form of depth - just matches the static UI depth. The portions that affect the UI at all only work if you leave the game in "keyboard and mouse mode", doesn't work in "gamepad" mode. Some icons that you'd expect to have static depth that matches your UI settings (notably map and minimap icons) incorrectly receive depth.
*Some lighting shaders in later Shadowbringers areas are broken, affects shadows and water primarily. Probably affects Endwalker areas too (not there yet)
*Some UI elements (menus, job gauges) exhibit weird bugs where you can see text or graphics you're not meant to. Functions that define two separate modes (cutscene, gameplay) only work properly if you are using the "Standard" resolution UI, they break when using the "high definition" version

*Possibly a geo-11 bug: Fix doesn't work unless there's a 3d vision profile installed for the game. The included version of geo-11 also doesn't seem to prompt you to install a profile when the game is launched. Temporarily using an older version of geo-11 bypasses this, and the fix works as well as it can once the 3d vision profile is installed.
Last edited by EpsilonLyrae on Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
EpsilonLyrae
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: geo-11 Final Fantasy XIV

Post by EpsilonLyrae »

n/a merged into OP
Last edited by EpsilonLyrae on Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EpsilonLyrae
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by EpsilonLyrae »

n/a merged into OP
EpsilonLyrae
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by EpsilonLyrae »

Did some testing with nvidia_dx9 output, as I now own a pair of 3d vision glasses. Works just as well as the SBS and TAB rendering paths of geo-11, with the caveat that it can take a few tries to get the game to boot without some form of fatal rendering error that results in a crash. The remaining visible problems in-game are correctable with an updated game fix, looking forward to its completion by DJ-RK

I took a general pass at updating the OP to be more concise.
EpsilonLyrae
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by EpsilonLyrae »

I barely know what I'm doing with 3dmigoto but after much prodding and poking at the fix ini and reviewing the shader code, comparing what still worked and what didn't with the auto-depth code, I determined the reason the auto depth functions of the HUD (specifically nameplates, quest icons, etc) are not working correctly is because the fix operates on a whitelist of sorts, identifying HUD elements that are OK to project to depth using texture hashing. This is to prevent the entire HUD from projecting to depth, similar to artifacts you'll get when you're using SuperDepth3D, or other reshade plugins that modify the final image based on depth-map data.

Unfortunately the texture hashes in the fix are out of date, so the entire HUD (minus the mouse, if you turn the in-game software mouse on) only projects to the static preset depths offered by the fix.

They can be rehashed. Some stuff I don't know how to figure out, like damage text - the original fix makes it look like it's handled by the vertex shader that manages the HUD, but when I do a frame analysis and search the folder for items that match that vertex shader's hash, I don't get a hit on damage / healing text that's currently on screen at time of analysis, either as a complete texture (with the exact numbers in the texture), or as a fixed texture (like to reference as a font)

Might need to turn more analysis features on to catch it. I don't know how much work I want to put on this when DJ-RK is actively working on a new fix from the ground up that'll use regex, but it's fun to learn and play with this stuff
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Final Fantasy 14 fix has been updated and ported to Geo11: https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2019/02/f ... eborn.html
My Killer 3D Gaming System Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5600x | GPU: GTX 2080 TI | Mobo: MSI x570 MAG Tomahawk | RAM: 4x8GB GSkill Triden Neo 3600Mhz | Cooling: Arctic Freezer II 280mm | Storage: OS on WB Black NVME M.2, various other SSDs & HDDs | Displays: Asus ROG Swift PG278QR, Optoma UHD50 | VR HMD: Oculus Quest 2 | Controller: Razer Wolverine Ultimate | Keyboard: Logitech G910 | Mouse: Razer Naga Trinity | Driving wheel: Logitech G27 | Flight sticks: TM Warthog / T16000M | Throttle: TM TWCS | Pedals: TM TFRP | Chair: DX Racer
Performance results here

My Paypal or send to rshannonca@gmail.com <-- For those that would like to show extra appreciation and support for my fixes
Obveron
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Obveron »

Holy smokes, thanks! I've been re-playing your Fallen Order fix on geo-11, it's so nice without the 3-core bug!
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

FF14 fix update: I've received report of this not working on non-3DVision setups. May need a little tweaking over the next couple of days to get it working properly for everyone.
Obveron wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:57 pm Holy smokes, thanks! I've been re-playing your Fallen Order fix on geo-11, it's so nice without the 3-core bug!
So I've heard! I've considered giving it another playthrough and potential proper geo11 facelift. Sounds like it'll be worth spending the time.
My Killer 3D Gaming System Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5600x | GPU: GTX 2080 TI | Mobo: MSI x570 MAG Tomahawk | RAM: 4x8GB GSkill Triden Neo 3600Mhz | Cooling: Arctic Freezer II 280mm | Storage: OS on WB Black NVME M.2, various other SSDs & HDDs | Displays: Asus ROG Swift PG278QR, Optoma UHD50 | VR HMD: Oculus Quest 2 | Controller: Razer Wolverine Ultimate | Keyboard: Logitech G910 | Mouse: Razer Naga Trinity | Driving wheel: Logitech G27 | Flight sticks: TM Warthog / T16000M | Throttle: TM TWCS | Pedals: TM TFRP | Chair: DX Racer
Performance results here

My Paypal or send to rshannonca@gmail.com <-- For those that would like to show extra appreciation and support for my fixes
BazzaLB
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by BazzaLB »

DJ-RK wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:14 pm Final Fantasy 14 fix has been updated and ported to Geo11: https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2019/02/f ... eborn.html
Good to see you back :)
11900K/3080 - Vive Pro - Sony 3DTV
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Obveron wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:57 pm Holy smokes, thanks! I've been re-playing your Fallen Order fix on geo-11, it's so nice without the 3-core bug!
yeah, same here, hehe. Would probably do a 3rd one if there are even more improvements and I upgrade my gear at some point =D
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
EpsilonLyrae
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by EpsilonLyrae »

DJ-RK wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:14 pm Final Fantasy 14 fix has been updated and ported to Geo11: https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2019/02/f ... eborn.html
I messaged you my feedback directly. Thanks again for working on this!

I'll update the writeup in the first post when you release the next version.
EpsilonLyrae
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by EpsilonLyrae »

in the absence of a new version, I updated the OP to reflect my experience with v1.0 of the fix

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”