geo-11 Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition

EpsilonLyrae
Two Eyed Hopeful

geo-11 Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition

Post by EpsilonLyrae »

Thread title is an exact match for how the game appears on STEAM, I am not using the Windows Store version. The fix and geo-11 are not likely to be compatible with the Windows Store version. YMMV.

tl;dr: Worked for me in SBS mode. Does not work with nvidia_dx9 mode. YMMV, please review my specs to understand that I cannot run in native 3d vision mode due to my hardware, and am dependent on geo-11's nvidia_dx9 output performance on an incompatible gpu+driver

Relevant specs:

Windows 10 21H2 (latest updates installed)
RTX 3070 GPU, 516.40 drivers + 3D vision driver installed for DX9 compatibility (was installed by Helixvision)
Primary display: 4k 120hz, Gsync Off
3dv1 glasses, tricks with CRU + NVTimingsed to force my monitor to work w/ 3d vision
VR Headset (Valve Index)
Overlay software present (Discord, Steam). Even with both injecting overlays into the game (plus a guest appearance from Nvidia Ansel...), this seemed to have no ill effect on the fixes, geo-11, or stability of the game.

Link to fix: https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2020/04/f ... sy-xv.html
Version used as of time of posting: 06/26/22 geo-11

Install process: Copied contents of fix to the game directory per instructions on fix page. Opened d3dxdm.ini to change separation from 100 (probably good for a 3dvision compatible monitor) to 10 (much more comfortable in VR), set direct_mode = sbs, saved ini file. Booted game. Launched without issue. Since I'm using a VR headset, I needed an external application (currently using Virtual Desktop, a paid app) to process the SBS frame and produce a geometric 3d image. The Super Sampling and MSAA requirements to get a clean looking image take up a lot of GPU time. Still had room to spare for the game with my specs. Game looked great.

Noted issues:

*Cannot get game to work with direct_mode = nvidia_dx9. Sometimes a new full screen window appears, 3d vision activates, and then the game closes without an error message. Reverting back to direct_mode = sbs works just fine, but doesn't allow me to use my 3d vision hardware. Other games sometimes require that I try launching them a few times (anywhere between 2-5) before they'll load and play nice with geo-11, but I can't get FFXV to launch and get in-game even after dozens of attempts.

Works well, looks perfect, no observed fix issues in the currently working render path for my configuration of hardware/software

Not tested:
direct_mode = vr_katanga for use with Helixvision. I don't want to mess too much with my 3d driver or 3d vision settings while I still have a currently working config that's playing nice with nvidia_dx9 for games that I can boot. May test this later.
Last edited by EpsilonLyrae on Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:19 am, edited 8 times in total.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: geo-11 Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition

Post by bo3bber »

Great report thanks. I don't have any suggestions yet for the hotkeys not being active. But we might have a conflict between keys specified in two different inis.
Game launches successfully, and I see the game rendering in SBS3d. Change to full screen mode for better compatibility with an external app, VR Companion App, which is intended for use with SuperDepth3D, but I'm repurposing here. Opened the companion app, game appears in stereoscopic, geometric 3D in VR headset.
Very good to know, thanks for trying this combination.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

I was able to fix VXAO an hour or two ago. Amazing performance compared to 3D Vision, with 60fps battles instead of like 20-25fps :p. And turf effects (grass) work perfectly as is.
However, VXAO is pretty demanding for the CPU, so I don't recommend it even if it looks better than any other ambient occlusion method in the game (it's also the most perfect one in 3D). Maybe a 12900K will do fine with it enabled.

Note: the ctrl+F5 hotkey to forcibly disable some clipping doesn't work in geo-11. It looks like iniparams don't work when used inside compute shaders.

The other hotkeys such as convergence and HUD depth work fine for me.

I'm currently configuring autoconvergence. I have to check a bunch of places and cutscenes. I'll probably post the fix before the end of the day.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Nice!
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2020/04/f ... sy-xv.html
Done. With autoconvergence enabled by default too, which makes switching to the "first person" car driving view work great, as well as cutscenes and many other situations.
Fixed VXAO and ShadowLibs compared to just using geo-11 over the 3D Vision fix.
By default "direct_mode = sbs" and "upscaling = 0" in "d3dxdm.ini". For 3D Vision you need "direct_mode = nvidia_dx11" and "upscaling = 1" for the moment.
Important information about autoconvergence: it mainly only works at 100% resolution scale, and sometimes at 50% and 75% if you launched the game with the setting already being at that value.
EpsilonLyrae
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by EpsilonLyrae »

masterotaku wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:25 pm https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2020/04/f ... sy-xv.html
Done. With autoconvergence enabled by default too, which makes switching to the "first person" car driving view work great, as well as cutscenes and many other situations.
Fixed VXAO and ShadowLibs compared to just using geo-11 over the 3D Vision fix.
By default "direct_mode = sbs" and "upscaling = 0" in "d3dxdm.ini". For 3D Vision you need "direct_mode = nvidia_dx11" and "upscaling = 1" for the moment.
Important information about autoconvergence: it mainly only works at 100% resolution scale, and sometimes at 50% and 75% if you launched the game with the setting already being at that value.
Looks great. I updated the OP.

From the fix page:
For geo-11, copy the "clipping disabled\cf840a23ccd8a972-cs.txt" file to "ShaderFixesDM". To enable it back, copy the "clipping disabled\cf840a23ccd8a972-cs.txt" file instead.
Is one of these meant to say "clipping enabled"?

I also presume that the "clipping disabled" version of the shader we're placing into the cache here is the "brute force" equivalent solution, yea?
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

EpsilonLyrae wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:21 pm Is one of these meant to say "clipping enabled"?
Yes! I forgot to change it after copying the disabled path. I've fixed it now in the blog.
EpsilonLyrae wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:21 pm I also presume that the "clipping disabled" version of the shader we're placing into the cache here is the "brute force" equivalent solution, yea?
Not into cache. Into "ShaderFixesDM". And yes, it disables that type of clipping because I removed the hotkey conditions (that weren't working in geo-11 for some reason).
It has a high GPU performance cost, but you won't see big blocks of bad lighting clipping, which can be really annoying. I tried for hours (multiple times over the years) to fix it properly, but I couldn't. It's an invisible clipping that is done correctly for the left eye, but the right eye tries to clip the same areas as the left eye, so the blocks become visible. I tried stereoizing/monoizing plenty of resources, in vain.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Wow, from hardly playable, to butter smooth :O Amazing!
ffxv_s003_100.jpg
ffxv_s002_100.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
EpsilonLyrae
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by EpsilonLyrae »

masterotaku wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:01 am
EpsilonLyrae wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:21 pm Is one of these meant to say "clipping enabled"?
Yes! I forgot to change it after copying the disabled path. I've fixed it now in the blog.
EpsilonLyrae wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:21 pm I also presume that the "clipping disabled" version of the shader we're placing into the cache here is the "brute force" equivalent solution, yea?
Not into cache. Into "ShaderFixesDM". And yes, it disables that type of clipping because I removed the hotkey conditions (that weren't working in geo-11 for some reason).
It has a high GPU performance cost, but you won't see big blocks of bad lighting clipping, which can be really annoying. I tried for hours (multiple times over the years) to fix it properly, but I couldn't. It's an invisible clipping that is done correctly for the left eye, but the right eye tries to clip the same areas as the left eye, so the blocks become visible. I tried stereoizing/monoizing plenty of resources, in vain.
Noted, thank you for the clarification.

I got my 3dvision glasses in today. Tried this out with geo-11. Can't seem to get it working with nvidia_dx9 as my direct_mode setting. The game just fails to launch at all - sometimes It'll initiate a new full screen window, then close without an error. I've tried a few different tweaks in d3dx.ini focused around forcing resolution, full screen, etc, to no avail. I have gotten my setup to work with The Witcher 3, FFXIV, and partially with Deep Rock Galactic so far when using these glasses- wonder what the difference is here. For good measure, I also tried dropping in the new dlls from geo-11 version 0.6.10, same thing happens.

The fix continues to work with SBS output.
EpsilonLyrae
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by EpsilonLyrae »

Attached are my logs from my attempts to use nvidia_dx9 mode in this game. I configured it the same way that works for other games I've tested (Deep Rock Galactic, FFXIV, Witcher 3), the game will open a new fullscreen window, the emitter turns on, my shutters activate, and the game closes before it renders a single frame. Same issue I experienced with Yakuza 0 (another game I uploaded logs for).

Fix continues to work with sbs output on geo-11.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
EpsilonLyrae
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by EpsilonLyrae »

I've come back to this as new versions of geo-11 are released. So far it's looking like geo-11 into the base game (no fix installed) can at least get the game running in SBS mode. If I install the current fix (which includes geo-11) and only use SBS or other non-3dvision based modes, it will still work correctly (with the benefit of including the fixed shaders / graphics). Once I try a 3d vision mode and the game installs information to an Nvidia profile, geo-11 no longer works in any mode. The only way I can get it working again in any mode with geo-11 is to restore the profile for FFXV back to the nvidia default - then SBS/etc work again, and will break again as soon as I try to launch geo-11 in a 3dvision mode, which prompts an installation/update of the nvidia profile for the game.

If I simply disable or uninstall geo-11, the game works, even with the nvidia profile update installed by the fix. It's specifically the combination of geo-11 and the profile update that comes with the fix, which from what I've seen only seems to get installed if you configure geo-11 to use nvidia_dx9 or nvidia_dx11.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”