geo-11 Kena - 60 pretty much locked

Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

geo-11 Kena - 60 pretty much locked

Post by Lysander »

CPU limitations seem gone, GPU-limited, but previously even on lowest settings it was like 30fps in the Village (worst area in the game) and now at 1440@75% scaling with most settings HIGH or ULTRA, it's 60 =D
Kena-Win64-Shipping004_100.jpg
Kena-Win64-Shipping001_100.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: geo-11 Kena - 60 pretty much locked

Post by thebigdogma »

As I have done more testing on this, it might be the strangest behavior I have come across.

If I launch the game without using Losti's Epic store startup batch file, Stereo engages but the game crashes at the title screen.

If I launch the game via the script, then the game runs properly, but won't force stereo(?)
3D Vision Rig: i7-9700/RTX 2070/W10/Driver 452.06/ASUS VG278H
Geo-11/DX 12 (Superdepth3D) Rig: Alienware M15 Laptop/RTX3070/Latest Driver/Win11/Passive 3DTV/Nreal Air/Quest Pro
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

I think I had the same issues, somehow I kept trying and it worked :D
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
wardrose
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by wardrose »

If you are hesitating to find an entertaining game, here I have a simple clicker game cookie presented to you. Here you can explore and expand the game graphics by cookie clicker and buying valuable items without much effort.
aofelix
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by aofelix »

Lysander wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:54 am CPU limitations seem gone, GPU-limited, but previously even on lowest settings it was like 30fps in the Village (worst area in the game) and now at 1440@75% scaling with most settings HIGH or ULTRA, it's 60 =D

Kena-Win64-Shipping004_100.jpgKena-Win64-Shipping001_100.jpg

Hi. How did you get this working. I downloaded the fix from the site and it doesnt seem to work with the steam version at all. Just launches a black screen and wont launch at all if I have 3D steroscopic enabled on the nvidia panel.
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

I got the Steam version to work with Geo-11 in direct mode interlaced
Tried DX11 mode first, and it was crashing as soon as I turned the 3D on. I solved this behaviour by setting screen to Fullscreen (it's Windowed Fullscreen by default)
Then I installed Geo-11 on top of Losti's fix, and it worked.

Great performance, Geo-11 is the only way to have good performance for UE games. It still drops occasionally but I think it's related to texture streaming/area loading.

Also, a note for people trying Geo-11 with UE universal fix: if games seem to not start at all, or start as a black screen, just go get a beer or something and return in 5 minutes.
I know that there is already documented behaviour with the universal fix sometimes needing several minutes to start the game, and Losti is advising this in all his fixes.
But the strange thing is that for me this is almost never the case. Games start quite quickly.
However, if I throw Geo-11 on top of UE fix, then this behaviour is almost guaranteed (I've only tried Outriders and Kena so far). This might be a little bug, in the interaction between UE fix and Geo-11, or it might be something to do with shader caching being forced to happen all the time, even after the first launch, maybe due to those new "Shader Cache DM" folders autocreated by Geo-11, etc. Surely something that will be addressed in the future.
For now, just be patient. It's worth it.

Thank you Losti for the Kena fix!!! This game is unreal, such enchanting visuals, and Geo-11 makes it smooth and a pleasure to play.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

It's not a bug it's because the nvidia shader cache for new games or after driver updates :-)
Lizzard
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lizzard »

I am too coming to the title screen where it would crash. This is for the Epic version. Is there a way to handle full screen here as well. It seems like the force full screen in ini does not help..? But I will keep trying. Very good to know where to start atleast.

Edit: On Steam it appears to be working so far. Dont buy this game on Epic I guess.
-window-mode exclusive Seems to do the trick.

Edit 2: I cant get the convergence to move even with "dm_auto_convergence = 0". It is locked at 0.00.
I've tried the d3dxdm from FFXV because its responsive over there. So i suppose there is the clash between the dxgi.ini and d3dxdm ???
Can someone please throw me a bone? Only saw this brought up once on Discord without any solutions..
Last edited by Lizzard on Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Share our love for stereoscopic gaming in VR
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... /playlists :anaglyph
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... 5lw/videos :anaglyph
֍ Win 10:21H1 ֍ 251.48 ֍ RTX2080 ֍ i9 9900k ֍ Benq1070 ֍ Samsung S27A950D, Odyssey+ ֍ LG 49UF8509 ֍ FujifilmW3 ֍
Lizzard
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lizzard »

I cant get the convergence to move even with "dm_auto_convergence = 0". It is locked at 0.00.
I've tried the d3dxdm from FFXV because its responsive over there. So i suppose there is the clash between the dxgi.ini and d3dxdm ???
Can someone please throw me a bone? Only saw this brought up once on Discord without any solutions..
֍ Win 10:21H1 ֍ 251.48 ֍ RTX2080 ֍ i9 9900k ֍ Benq1070 ֍ Samsung S27A950D, Odyssey+ ֍ LG 49UF8509 ֍ FujifilmW3 ֍
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

Check the OSD for auto convergence is enabled. If yes you can't move convergence. Disable it with the respecitve keys. Than you can use the keys for convergence presets with . And , also check if separation is not zero.
Lizzard
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lizzard »

Thanks for the tips Losti. It appears I made a wrong assumption to think only the files of Geo-11 and your dxgi.ini should be in the folder next to the exe. But it seems your ini are making important calls to other files from your fix other than the shader fix folders. After I added the whole bunch it started working. Better atleast..

The procedure is a bit different from that of FFXV.

Your OSD is not working or Im not able to get it to work. There is a big conflict between all the hotkeys and convergence is not working as it should. After trying all the hotkeys I can see picked up in HelixVision I finally managed to trigger the right one. But I still have no clue which one helped to trigger the Auto convergence to be able to play with it. Im not sure if Geo11 and your settings are clashing somewhere. I see very little feedback around this issue reported.

Currently its a bit hard to maneuver but alteast the performance is really good with 1440p TAB. With motion smoothing at locked 45fps its really nice and joyful game when everything is set up correctly!
Thanks a lot for all your effort here. Its pretty strange to play a game without 3DV being active while still being built on all the former mechanisms.

In a short time I will be immigrated to Poland and when the dust settles I want to continue contributing to you guys again financially.
BaldHippo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by BaldHippo »

The reason for the crash on the epic version is likely because of the epic social overlay. I got Geo11 working with new drivers and katanga_vr by renaming the overlay files.

Disable it by renaming the EOSOverlayRenderer-Win64-Shipping.exe and EOSOverlayRenderer-Win32-Shipping.exe

They can be found in: yourepicinstallfolder\Launcher\Portal\Extras\Overlay
towiri
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by towiri »

How many levels of the game can you go through? Practice working in the cookie clicker factory to create delicious cookies.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”