geo-11 Deus Ex Mankind Divided

terintamel
One Eyed Hopeful

geo-11 Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Post by terintamel »

I added the files to the directory and the game loads with the FPS overlay but the game does not render in 3d.

When existing the game my screen goes black and I have to use CTL+ALT+DEL to load task manager and have to log out to get my desktop back.

Game is a native 3d title with its own stereo options in game. Will this game work with geo-11 and if so how do I configure it?
terintamel
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: geo-11 Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Post by terintamel »

BTW I am using a RTX 2060 and running 425.31 drivers. Just wanting to see if there is a performance improvement in 3d due to the geo-11 driver vs the Nvidia native as I am CPU limited in this game.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

There's this...

GTA5 has native 3DVision support. How does one go about engaging geo-11 in GTA5? :lol:
bo3bber wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:08 am
I'm not actually sure how this works, but Dave has a mechanism to support DirectMode 3D Vision games like GTA5 and Tomb Raider. I know that you need to enable the 3D Vision in the game settings like usual, but I think that geo-11 can detect DirectMode and work accordingly, because it no longer needs to stereoize everything.

I just tried this, and setting 3D on in the game settings and geo-11 to SBS mode was running in stereo. I used SBS because there is probably a negative interaction between geo-11 using DM and the game also using it. But... don't actually know. I'll ping Dave and let everyone know.
bo3bber wrote:Edit: Found the info we need for native 3D games.

GTA V is a good example of a game that has native 3DV support. In the GTA V in-game menu there is a Stereo3D option. In out of the box geo-11, GTA V is as a broken as if you ran GTA V with 3DV and had Stereo3D set to off. I.e switching Stereo3D on gets GTA V to load its 3DV compatible shader set and gets everything working. So I have created an extra configurable value that allow us to get GTA V to load these shaders with Geo-11 (on any system). In the [Stereo] section of d3dxdm.ini you need to add dm_game_3dvision_fix = 1. This tricks GTA V (and any other native 3DV game) that 3DV is enabled and active on any system, allowing you to turn on Stereo3D in the game menu (and get the game to load the stereo3D shaders). The other thing that is needed is to add the following texture override:
[TextureOverride_GTASteroParams]
hash = a17ac501
dm_game_3dvision_fix_stereo_sig = 1
StereoMode=1
bo3bber wrote:That texture override is game specific, but this is the right one for GTA5.
Quoted from viewtopic.php?t=26268
terintamel
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by terintamel »

Thanks. I read that and it looks like it will work except I need the DX:MD specific hash as it was stated it is game specific. I put in the settings listed above and still no 3d.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

This has been added to the FAQ on the helixmod.blogspot

Will Geo-11 work with DirectMode games? It will. We know for sure it works in GTA5, see mtbs3d for details on how to set it up. Tomb Raider, DeusEx, Trine, and others will work, but will need a special texture map, so please be patient.
mcleanross
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mcleanross »

After years of conjecture and rumors, GTA 6 cookie clicker is finally becoming a reality, due in part to Rockstar officially announcing in February 2022 that it is working on the next GTA game. A big in-development gameplay footage leak in September appeared to corroborate some of the more popular speculations floating throughout the year. GTA 6 is still a long way off, but it is in the works.
futyer
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by futyer »

I entered the aforementioned settings, but no 3D appeared.

stick merge
WickedScav
Cross Eyed!

Post by WickedScav »

Did you have a look at this thread?

It did not work for me but that most likely has something to do with the latest driver. If you have driver prior to 452.22 or even the last official 3DV driver (425.31) installed, it might still work. I will try some time later, if I have better time, still want to play through this game. No need for geo-11 if that tool works.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”