How to get actual 3D image from Reverb G2 VR?

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

How to get actual 3D image from Reverb G2 VR?

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hey Guys,

I am trying to figure out how to get a screenshot directly from what I see in the VR Headset. I tried taking a screenshot of what I see on the monitor in a 3D Format done in the game settings. this is what it look like:

Now if you look in the center there is a monocole and it is not in 3D. now the game is DCS World and the Helicopter is the Apache 64. if you have any familiarity with it you should know they use a monocole in the right eye.

Now I am sure it looks cool in the real world but in 3D the monocole looking out with both eyes seems to cover the entire view. but when I close either eye it looks as it should monocole right eye lefte eye open world but bothe eyeas a giant cyclopse monocole..

I tried taking pictures with my camera but that failed miserably and I do not know how to fuse the picture into image like the one I linked here.. I was wondering if there is anyway I can grap a screenshot from the headset directly and not the monitors mirror? as they are 2 different looking monocoles and placement will probally be different in what I see in the double image. if it is a jpg I can convert it to jps and view it either through Katanga or 3D viewer..

Is there any way to get the devs to see what is wrong here. I did make a post and put the pic I put in here there but I don't think they will get it and I was trying to get a way to explain what it should look like.. I hope that made sence.. but I think from looking at my screenshot the monocole itself needs to be shifted to the Right over the right eye and not be in the center like thay currently have it I guess because of 2d monitors?

Thank you and hopefully I can get this accomplished..
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”