How about these glasses?

Kizza
One Eyed Hopeful

How about these glasses?

Post by Kizza »

Link here

Sorry if a thread like this isn't something I'm supposed to do. If it isn't okay, just lock my thread and email me :)

So I was looking up a pair of glasses on staticice, my trusty Australian price comparison website, and I found these. I was just wondering if there was anything I'd need to know before buying them, as I'm really inexperienced with the whole 3D thing. And another question, are stereographs any indication as to what I'll be seeing while gaming with these things? Anomalies and errors encountered aside...

Thanks for the help, in advance. Keep up the good work.
DDuckMan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by DDuckMan »

You are getting warm, but those are just the spare glasses. You need the full kit to start up with LCD page flipping. The kit will include a dongle for your VGA cable and an emitter for the wireless. Poke around the manufacturer link to see what I mean. They usually run about 90.00.

As far as the 3D effect, I find a good stereo game more imersive and realistic than stereographs. It also requires very little eye training like it does to view stereographs. Apparently some people have trouble seeing 3D even with stereoglasses due to a very dominant eye. I don't understand why, as it would seem they would also have no depth perception in real life. If you can see the 3D effect with a stereograph, you will have no trouble with LCD glasses.
Last edited by DDuckMan on Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nafta
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Nafta »

Kiewan <3 i'm getting the wired version cause i got a CRT monitor. I myself always loved Stereo graphics i mean i saw Terminator 3d and it owned! getting the glasses next week i hope.
Crysis FTW!
Kizza
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Kizza »

SEEAAWWNNN

Glad to see you're getting into it as much as I am. I got called a geek by some friend of mine I mentioned it to, lol. Then he went to play CS, so I got him back =)

Anyways, I'll just find an Australian site that bulk orders so I can get mine nice and cheap =) eDimensional is too expensive from their own site, I don't wanna wait long to order, and shipping costs factor in, too.

Let you guys know if I find a good supplier.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”