Anyone using Oculus? Does it *require* updated drivers?

greg02
Cross Eyed!

Anyone using Oculus? Does it *require* updated drivers?

Post by greg02 »

I've been happy w/ the vive for a few years but the Quest 2 with Air link looks like a great way to finally be completely cordless. I was all set to grab it on Amazon when I opened
the Oculus App and it says updated drivers are required.

Wondering if any 3D vision users are using a quest 2, and/or the Air Link and if it actually is required to update nvidia drivers. In other words will I have to give up 3d Vision to use Oculus Quest 2 with PCVR?

Thanks for any insight.
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Anyone using Oculus? Does it *require* updated drivers?

Post by RAGEdemon »

I don't have q2 but have Oculus software installed for Revive and my old oculus games. I have used Revive with 425.31 yesterday, and now 446.14 today. No issues.

I think the drivers updates may just be for the headset.

Also look into the G2 - not wireless but better image quality with no compression or lag
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

I have an Oculus Quest 2 and it works fine with 452.06 drivers, I opened the Oculus app right now and it doesn't mention anything about new drivers. I'm pretty happy with it other than being a Facebook device, the screen is great and tracking is really solid, so on the hardware side it's fantastic. I actually recommend Virtual Desktop over Airlink, both work similarly but VD can give you better performance since you can set it up to 60hz and tweak a few more things than AirL ink. It may not matter much on native VR games but with Vorpx the more performance the better, still both are great.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
greg02
Cross Eyed!

Post by greg02 »

Thanks for chiming in guys. I pulled the trigger based on Rage's advice. No problem with the drivers and everything is easy. I used virtual desktop 5+ years ago but haven't messed with it since then. Airlink works great. Seems flawless to me. Screen resolution is nice and crisp.

The thing I like and you all may want to consider is no wires or cords whatsoever. For $300 its a real nice deal in my opinion, very, very nice device. Seems like it should be more. Airlink puts you right on your desktop, it all worked flawlessly, started Steam VR all I had to do was disconnect the power cord on the VIVE.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”