Outer Wilds: Echoes Of The Eye

Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Outer Wilds: Echoes Of The Eye

Post by Shift-E »

Wondering if anyone has tried the new DLC expansion with Losti's great Outer Wilds 3D fix? I'm hoping regex catch everything, but sounds like they might have made a lot of changes under the hood.

Being widely considered one of the best games ever, the DLC will be a no brainer for me - but just too busy at the moment. Wish I had the steam version too, but alas I need to get the DLC on epic...man I hope it still works in 3D! base game was amazing for anyone that likes true exploration.
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Outer Wilds: Echoes Of The Eye

Post by RAGEdemon »

Indeed, the original was an amazing game, only rivalled by other icons such as Myst.

For what it's worth, I had the privilege of being able to play it in VR:

https://github.com/Raicuparta/nomai-vr

Of course we all love 3D glasses and are grateful for shaderhacker fixes, though as a lot of people also have VR now, I thought it would be worth mentioning it :)

Presumably, some point soon, there will be a VR mod for this expansion also...
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

Picked this up during the Epic sale, in case anyone else was wondering, the previous fix is not really feasible for the expansion DLC. While most of it it correct, there are points in the new area where all textures turn black as you look around with the camera. If you turn on the flashlight, the textures appear again - but you can't really keep the flashlight on at all times because it is not fully correct in 3D (this was a known issue in the original 3D fix). My HUD toggle also no longer seems to be working.

So with all that, I decided to play in Superdepth3D but even that had issues and I ended up just playing in 2D. Maybe I will try CM next time I am on..
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

Just to mention - the above link now works fully with DLC in VR + FSR - Quite the experience :)
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”