Sable

sgsrules
Two Eyed Hopeful

Sable

Post by sgsrules »

Sable
Embark on a unique and unforgettable journey and guide Sable through her Gliding; a rite of passage that will take her across vast deserts and mesmerizing landscapes, capped by the remains of spaceships and ancient wonders. The game runs on Unity 2019.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/757310/Sable/

Review by Skill Up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5d71mCqWQ0

Screenshots:

These were taken using the Unity Universal fix. As you can see the game is almost perfect in 3D. I've played it for several hours and I've only noticed 2 minor rendering issues. First off the campfires don't render correctly but you rarely run into any. The other issue is that the sky needs to be pushed a bit further away, mountains and distant objects render a bit closer than the sky.

Unfortunately for some reason using the Unity fix completely tanks performance. On a 2080 super and an i-8700k on Win 7 I can run the game in 2d at 4k and it rarely drops below 60 fps, performance in larger settlements can drop to 40-50fps. If i run it in 3D without the fix at 1440p it performance is about the same, usually 60fps and 40 in large towns. Obviosuly things are pretty busted without the fix, shadows and lighting don't render correctly. With the Universal fix i get around 30fps in wide open spaces and towns can drop to as low as 15fps. Dropping the game's visual settings to low or reducing the resolution to 720p doesn't impact anything at all.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Sable

Post by 3DNovice »

If you wanted to, you could pretty easily Fix the skybox and set the fire shader to skip, if those are the only issues.
Both solutions are explained here, although I believe you used 3DMigoto before
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... abling-fi/

It's basically
; Move horizon effect to infinity
[ShaderOverride2]
Hash=whatevershaderyoudumpforskybox
Convergence=0

Awesome looking game, thanks for sharing

Edit: I should add that DSS says that this skybox fix option, does not work in all games.
Last edited by 3DNovice on Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

3DNovice wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:19 pm If you wanted to, you could pretty easily Fix the skybox and set the fire shader to skip, if those are the only issues.
Both solutions are explained here, although I believe you used 3DMigoto before
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... abling-fi/

It's basically
[ShaderOverride2]
Hash=whatevershaderyoudumpforskybox
Convergence=0

Awesome looking game, thanks for sharing
What you posted will make 0 convergence if whatevershaderyoudumpforskybox is active in the game. You mean handling = skip instead ? To Skip the effect?
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Read the thread, DSS said it's a special function he added for Skyboxes

someskunkfunk wrote:
[ShaderOverride2]
Hash=c6e4f19a1f30a71e
Convergence=0
DarkStarSword wrote: I'm the one who added that feature to 3DMigoto to help pirateguybrush with the skybox in DG2, and I completely forgot about it :faceplam:

Thanks for bringing it up - if it works (which isn't a sure thing unfortunately) it is the simplest way to fix a skybox.
Losti

Post by Losti »

I need to try may be the 2 in the override Name? Normaly this will shift convergence to 0 of the Shader is active but may be shaderoverride2 is desired for full depth of a Shader? Intersting :-)
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Yah, sorry that I do not have any specifics, I just remember him posting that it was the easiest way to push a skybox back.
The only thing that I've successfully done shaderhacking wise, is disabling a shader :P
Losti

Post by Losti »

3DNovice wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:14 am Yah, sorry that I do not have any specifics, I just remember him posting that it was the easiest way to push a skybox back.
The only thing that I've successfully done shaderhacking wise, is disabling a shader :P
Hm as i have expected.

[ShaderOverride2]
Hash=d3d103aa2eb59095
Convergence=0

Will set convergence to 0 ( because "real" 0 do not exist ^^) if i use it. Its a HUD shader and if what you reported would work, HUD shader should be full depth and no convergence change. May be this feature was present in some very early migoto version? Dont know...

Push VS-Shaders to full depth:

- hunt it (logical^^)
- open it in a txt editor
- check for output-register ==> EXAMPLE: out float4 o0 : SV_POSITION0
- goto the line return;
- above the return; line add fulldepth for output, for the example:

Code: Select all

float4 s = StereoParams.Load(0);
o0.x+=s.x*s.y;
OR

o0.x-=s.x*s.y;
OR

o0.x-=s.x;
OR

o0.x+=s.x;
OR

o0.x+=s.x*0.5;
OR

o0.x-=s.x*0.5;
OR

o0.x+=s.x*s.y*0.5;
OR

o0.x-=s.x*s.y*0.5;
may be standard stereo correction formulas needed:

o0.x-=s.x*(o0.w-s.y);
OR

o0.x-=s.x*(o0.w+s.y);
OR

o0.x-=s.x*(-o0.w-s.y);
OR

o0.x-=s.x*(-o0.w+s.y);
OR

o0.x+=s.x*(o0.w-s.y);
OR

o0.x+=s.x*(o0.w+s.y);
OR

o0.x+=s.x*(-o0.w-s.y);
OR

o0.x+=s.x*(-o0.w+s.y);
A bit trial and error :-)
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

lol, I do not know what any of that means, I could never wrap my head around the Prime Directive/Canonical Stereo Code.
It was never part of my curriculum

Perhaps try it on a skybox?
Or observe its use in Defense Grid 2, where it was implemented.

I hope I haven't been misleading, just trying to be helpful with my limited knowledge.
Losti

Post by Losti »

3DNovice wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:26 pm lol, I do not know what any of that means, I could never wrap my head around the Prime Directive/Canonical Stereo Code.
It was never part of my curriculum

Perhaps try it on a skybox?
Or observe its use in Defense Grid 2, where it was implemented.

I hope I haven't been misleading, just trying to be helpful with my limited knowledge.
Everything is fine dont worry. If it would have worked it would have been cool!

So in additiv to help for full depth i have added some possible Versions of the Code for this that may can help for skybox. Which one have to ne tried out.
sgsrules
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by sgsrules »

I'm sure I could fix the skybox fairly easily, and the campfires are a rare enough occurrence that they're not really an issue. The main issue is that performance with the Unity fix is abysmal, so I don't want to spend any time applying any other fixes if there's no way to get better performance. And before you ask, yes shader hunting is disabled but that hardly made a difference.
Losti

Post by Losti »

sgsrules wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:31 am I'm sure I could fix the skybox fairly easily, and the campfires are a rare enough occurrence that they're not really an issue. The main issue is that performance with the Unity fix is abysmal, so I don't want to spend any time applying any other fixes if there's no way to get better performance. And before you ask, yes shader hunting is disabled but that hardly made a difference.
Huge performance gain are caused by massive resource copies of the 2019er fix. Something you have to go with until 4everawake will optimize it.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”